It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californa Highway Patrolman Mercilessly Beats Woman Beside Freeway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter
That's usually about what I think when I see this crap. On one hand I wish I was there, on the other hand I am glad I was not, because I would be heading to prison for assaulting or killing a member of the police class. Maybe I would be lucky and get a competent jury, odds are against you on that front these days.....

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I saw that. Reprehensible. What a fagtard. Hope he loses his job. This time it is a CHP officer??? Who does that?? So glad the motorist was astute enough to film that assault S and F

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Too bad that doesn't happen. Officers in the US are exempt from US law unless the said story is huge Nation wide.

Even then look at the Rodney King case. The officers got off scott free. Along with numerous other cases of police brutality and excessive use of force.

Police officers are not treated as citizens, if they were, none of this # would be happening. Pathetic country we live in.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
watch VERY carefully at the 15 sec mark you will see that the women hits the cop FIRST. You hit a cop that's your ass, period. I've watched the video several times from different sources and noticed that on a majority they cover this up with a banner or scrolling text. Also Youtube will stabilize any video posted for free, how come we haven't seen this stabilized until now?
Looks like she gets 2 good ones in, right to his face.
edit on 5-7-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Abe's right, in the video he linked, it does appear that she in fact swung first. I can't fault the cop for swinging back a few times, BUT I think he was more than a bit excessive here. There's a big difference between defending yourself, and a straight-up pummeling.

And can I make a suggestion? As a woman? Stop saying he shouldn't have hit her because she's female. As an example, if I was stupid enough to try to wallop BigFatFurryTexan, I'm also opening myself up to get back an equal or greater punch. My gender does not make me impervious to someone's reactive defenses, nor does it make that person a woman-hating scum bucket. If you can dish it, be prepared to receive it back.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Sorry, I didn't see anything like that. I see the cop grab her and start spinning her around, didn't see her appear anything near striking at the cop.

I just slowed it down to 1/4, it appears the cop might have grabbed her by the hair even. I will try to get it uploaded. NVM, can't upload it, I forgot I uninstalled after effects. Anyways, if you download it and play it in VLC you can slow it down and see it for yourself I guess(slow down video with the - key).

The easiest way to grab youtube videos these day IMO is Jdownloader. Copy the youtube link and it will automatically process it, and list all the versions available to download, I always grab the largest MP4 version, that is usually the best quality.

Starting at 13 seconds or so, it looks like the cop grabs her hair, then she spins around and walks the other way, then the cop takes her down by the hair. I saw nothing that looked like her taking a swing at the cop.
edit on Sat, 05 Jul 2014 18:35:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The officer said he was trying to protect her safety. The witness asked how repeated blows to her head protect her safety.

Good question.

F&S

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I know everybody wants to give each other stars for condemning this action, but we don't have all the evidence as the incident was only partially film, as far as I could see she was resisting arrest and the cop was beating her, some cops are power trippers, most are not

Let's not jump the gun here

Tbh

One thing I've noticed about about ATS is people love to demonise the police, there are millions of police officers and they carry out there job and dozens of incidents daily, we cannot use a few hundred YouTube videos to demonise an duty which keeps use all safe

Just today I was shopping with my family, when the supermarket employees grabbed a scummy mouthy chav for shop lifting, he resisted for 10 minutes screaming foul language , I felt like kicking him in the face tbh I was with my kids sorry, but when police turned up, they had to put him in cuffs, and so it turned In to what looked like police brutality, but there was no other choice the man was resisting and aggressive, and a danger while making threats, he looked up and said to me... Look look are you watching this there hurting me

I said you deserve it now f@#*img sit still

Now had I off pulled my phone out and filmed it from that moment, amd should I have hated the police and the job they carry out and been anti government, I would have uploaded it to YouTube and portrayed it intentionally in a different light for YouTube hits

The reality is, they was just doing there job

You cant be serious ?

How was she resisting ? Umm putting her hands in front of her to stop him from bashing her face in is resisting ? I think you are either a cop , married to a cop or suffering from stockholm syndrome. Your reasoning is as disturbing as highway patrollman beating that woman like he was Ike Turner.

Yeah doing his job ,in a MMA fight. Get help seriously

edit on 5-7-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Isnt that what a taser and mace is for ? Correct me if im wrong but if she hit him first couldnt he easily subdue her with a tazer ? I do not think relentlessly beating someone in the face is police proceedure. He took the jack boot way imho. Correct me if im wrong , he even put himself at risk be engaging in hand to hand combat. I was raised not to hit women, or even hit bac at women. . With that said the police that do this sort of simean tribal warfare on the public are as bad as the gang bangers and violent offenders if not worse.

edit on 5-7-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

(post by GrantedBail removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer
Let me clarify, I'm not saying this guy isn't a scumbag. I'm just saying it wasn't a random unprovoked act. She fooled with the bull and got the horns.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I've watched the video several times at several speeds. What is happening is the officer comes in behind and grabs the woman's arm. So what you claim is her swinging at the officer is actually her trying to pull her arm back from his grasp.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Why wouldnt SWAT - special weapons and tactics - not be trained to snipe? If you have a hostage taker, would it not be smarter to have him drop before he hears the gunshot, rather than hoping you can run 20 metres faster than he can hold down a trigger?

cmon now....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Having watched the video the statement this happened for no reason is false. The woman is clearly not cooperating and resisting.

Having said that, this is a clear overuse of force and was completely unnecessary. The officer involved should be fired, and charged. I have no problem with the woman involved being charged with resisting arrest, although it would be petty and I hope they don't get silly like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I've watched the video several times at several speeds. What is happening is the officer comes in behind and grabs the woman's arm. So what you claim is her swinging at the officer is actually her trying to pull her arm back from his grasp.

Assuming she had no clue he was an officer ... which I doubt .. as soon as she saw he was she should have apologized and cooperated. She chose not to. She absolutely resisted.

That does not excuse what he did, he went overboard.

(post by Unity_99 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I heard an update to the story on MSM tonight that said the lady has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation. Seems to me that Conan the Barbarian ought to be admitted as well. No sane person does that to another living being.
I watched the video very slowly and I cannot see any action on her part that would invite a beating like that. He had her on the ground in a few seconds and was holding her down with his weight. I'd say what his punishment should be but then I'd be banned...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Watching the video I suspected she might be. I work in Psychiatry, I was going to suggest she seemed like she might need psychiatric help but thought better of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was going to suggest she seemed like she might need psychiatric help but thought better of it.

ROFL!

Ever look in mirror?

Cheers
edit on 7/6/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was going to suggest she seemed like she might need psychiatric help but thought better of it.

ROFL!

Ever look in mirror?

Cheers

Yes. Twice a day when I brush my teeth. Does your post have a point? No? About what I expect from you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join