It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Driver's Licenses to Illegals Overwhelms DMV

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The only time a criminal has less rights or deserves less respect than anyone else is when they are tried, convicted and serving out their time in jail or on probation, when their penalty is paid they are the same as anyone else regardless of what the rest of the ignorant masses may think.

The problem with people everywhere is they look for reasons to marginalize, disrespect and vilify others, I guess they just aren't kept busy enough to mind their own frickin business or something.

I have a criminal record, it's nothing major, but you come at me and treat me the way you seem to think you have a right to, to be disrespectful to me because I have a record and you may just end up with one too.

What are you? 10?.

a reply to: yuppa

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Night Star
Illegals vote.

I know. Of course, voter fraud does exist. That happens whether or not illegal immigrants have drivers licenses. My point is that these drivers licenses are not valid for voting, per my discussion with beezer.

Oh, sorry. my mistake.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The "cost of the license for noncitizens [is] $50.50." That represents the regular license price--$21--plus a $29.50 fee.

Sounds like they are getting taxed for it as well, paying more than twice the normal cost?
Isn't that a good thing? Everyone gets mad that they are not paying into the system, now when they are, still getting mad?
1.7 million in extra revenue from the 60k alone? Sounds good to me

So this small amount of revenue you believe to be sufficient? Many americans BY THEIR SELF pay more than that a year in taxes! The people are here elegally. The law needs to be enforced, period end of story.

No I am angry that they are here and the law is not being enforced.

-Alien

edit on 7/5/2014 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Usually a criminal IS convicted. UNLESS they are in comission of a crime that can be proven by witnesses and evidence
of said crime. If they get shot they forfeited their rights when they infringed on the rights of the victims. NO im not 10 yrs old and I should flag your post for that insult.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree, so sounds like all the states should do this, let them get a license and charge them double or triple for it.
Seems they have no problem with it if 60k have already made an appt and even more will walk in.
Talking millions of revenue here, what is the problem?
And when they have a license they will drive more which means they have to pay for gas which is more taxes and more of their money going back into the economy.
And if they are willing to get a drivers license I see that as them being inclined to register and get insurance on their cars, you will disagree with me I am sure, but that is the way I see it.

How can you get insurance without a SSN? They run your ID/credit to determine your rate.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not all them do, they will just charge a higher rate.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

from the DMV....

Must provide an Individual Taxpayer Identification
Number (ITIN) that is issued by the United States Internal
Revenue Service (IRS).

Colorado DMV page

illegals can actually get a TIN, but not a SS number.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I somehow doubt anyone will pay those high rates except for bare minimum coverage which does not cover medical expenses.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

How much higher?

(for reference purposes)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Well as posted above, there is other ways of getting a normal rate without a SSN.
So they wouldn't necessarily being paying the higher rates.

And you don't know for sure that they wouldn't pay the higher rates, you just want to assume they wouldn't.
Also, trust that many, many people are driving around with the bare minimum, illegal or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join