It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Driver's Licenses to Illegals Overwhelms DMV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Legal citizens are here. Illegals are here but are not supposed to be. These are preventable deaths.

ALL drunk driving deaths are preventable deaths.

Had our laws been enforced and the illegal drunken driver wasn't here, the citizen he killed would still be alive today.

Drinking and driving is illegal. Had THAT law been enforced and the driver wasn't drinking, the other person would be alive today, too. And if an illegal immigrant were drinking and driving in his own country, the victim in the accident would still be dead.

The only way what you're saying makes sense is if you think that a US citizen's life is worth more than another country's citizen's life... Is that what you're saying?
edit on 7/4/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Shouldn't the line end at a bus headed for the border. They are not suppose to be in the country. This get more stupid by the day.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
With Colorado issuing licenses to immigrants

1) They will have a way to keep track of them, like the way they keep track of everyone else.

2) The streets will be safer as they will be subjected to testing and driving regulations.

3) DMV and Court Records will be more concise. Since They will have to register their cars and take insurance for their vehicles. Peace Officers will be able to know who is driving the car by license plate, they will be able to further prosecute road violations since they will have a controlled record of driving.

4) About the drunk drivers, the issue is with immigration services not working to the expectations of the American people. If anything it should make things easier for immigration services to seek out such individuals.

5) I am however concerned with their methods. I understand for certain that states like WA and Utah, run background checks, finger prints and facial recognition, however I am not sure as any federal standard to identification cards outside the real id guidelines, and it's implication towards cards outside federal purposes.

6) A prevailing argument is that the local entities should know who everyone is. That is the premise after September 11 right? To Know who everyone is.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The only way what you're saying makes sense is if you think that a US citizen's life is worth more than another country's citizen's life... Is that what you're saying?

I think every American's life is worth more than another country's citizen's life.

I also believe that the Chinese consider their citizen's life more valuable than mine in China.

edit on 4-7-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

And sadly you are not the only one that thinks like this

We all inhabit this little rock we call earth, but I guess since you were born within a boundary defined as the Untied States, you are better then everyone else.
What makes american life's more important than another citizen of another country?
Actually give me 5 reasons, shouldn't be to hard for you I'm sure.

So since china does it, it makes it ok?
Since when does america stoop to china's level of thinking?
edit on thFri, 04 Jul 2014 17:52:07 -0500America/Chicago720140780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Fishing from shore was free in Florida until 2007 or 2008, after that they started requiring people to purchase a fishing license to raise revenue when the economy tanked....

This licensing of aliens is only to raise revenue, and it costs a lot more than the licensing fee to drive anyway.

Gimme Mo'Money Colorado sez....

Gimme Mo'Money to squander, and we'll require a license to ride a bicycle, then a skateboard, then a license to walk, and when we get done squandering that revenue, we'll come up with another way of stealing money for nothing.

Gubmint at it's finest.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Most American's feel that the lives of their animals are worth more than those of other humans.

Typical American.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Most American's feel that the lives of their animals are worth more than those of other humans.
Typical American.

I've had a couple dogs over the years, that were family and you bet that I held their lives in higher regards than other peoples.

When they were dying I and the vets did everything possible. Seeing as how your avatar is an animal I feel safe to assume you like them too. But because of your logic you shouldn't ever take care of your pet, because you already dumped out your wallet to feed/clothe/house the guttural, unwashed masses.

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And sadly you are not the only one that thinks like this

Cute reply. Is that it?

but I guess since you were born within a boundary defined as the Untied States, you are better then everyone else.

Did I say better?

Nope.

What makes american life's more important than another citizen of another country?
Actually give me 5 reasons, shouldn't be to hard for you I'm sure.

Give me 5 reasons why the death of one out of 7+ billion nameless/faceless impact me in the slightest. If my neighbor died I'd be upset, but in the time that I was typing this reply 100 children in Africa died of starvation, dysentery, malaria ect.

Did you remember to send flowers?

So since china does it, it makes it ok?[
Since when does america stoop to china's level of thinking?

You're being silly

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
I think every American's life is worth more than another country's citizen's life.

At least you're honest.

I also believe that the Chinese consider their citizen's life more valuable than mine in China.

Ah! The Chinese - Those who force abortion on women. This is where you get your standard?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
At least you're honest.

Some say I'm too honest...

Ah! The Chinese - Those who force abortion on women. This is where you get your standard?

Am I to believe that the last three posters fail to understand my point that one identifies with their own over strangers? You can also castigate me all you want for my 'honesty', but we all know that everyone roots for their home team.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So if your not better, then why does your life mean more then any other countries citizens?
And don't redirect my question, why are american's life worth any more than the other 7 billion people on this planet, what did they do to deserve that worth over the rest of the planet.
And no I don't send flowers to all that die, but I don't regard them as below me either, more then enough respect shown there IMO.

And try not to open up with sniping one sentence and then asking if that is all I had to say when you know very well there is more

It would be great if you could avoid snipping every line but that may be asking to much.

ETA:

You can also castigate me all you want for my 'honesty', but we all know that everyone roots for their home team.

No, many here will tell you that tribalism/nationalism can be very destructive.
edit on thFri, 04 Jul 2014 18:51:51 -0500America/Chicago720145180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like a good idea to me. Makes the roads safer and adds a level of accountability. Not to mention the revenue.

I noticed both of your links (neither of which are the source article) didn't mention this:

Among the requirements, applicants will have to provide copies of state tax returns for the last year and an identification from their country of origin such as a passport, consular identification or military identification.

It doesn't just apply to illegal immigrants. It also applies to people with temporary visa's and people who are on their way to becoming citizens.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

They do not get a free pass if they kill someone...
And yes I believe what I write.

Actually a majority of them who kill a person while driving just get deported. and told to never come back. From what i have been told that is.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Typical American.

Most americans also believe that a criminal has less rights than a law abiding citizen is Why. A person who is obeying th elaws and living as they should IS worth more than a criminal. A criminal has rejected society and deserves less respect than the law abiding citizen.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

From what i have been told that is.

Then you are talking to ignorant people. Or you are misunderstanding that they get kicked out after they serve their time.
You might also be in a state that is kicking people out cause the prisons are full, in CA we are going thru that.
But they seem to be keeping the DUI's in.
So unless you want to link something, lets not go off of what you "heard"
If we are going to use what we heard as fact, my old man spent over 20 years in the border patrol and we had discussion about his and he assured me they see time. They can't even bail out while awaiting trail until the immigration hold on them is taken care of

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I don't think that's true. Just from the short internet searching I've done:
Alleged Drunk Driver Charged With Murder

The driver accused of causing a deadly accident was charged in court on Monday in Arapahoe County.

Ever Olivos–Gutierrez is now charged with first degree murder with extreme indifference, two counts of vehicular homicide and driving under the influence.

Illegal Immigrant Allowed to Remain in US Despite Arrests Accused of Drunk Driving Death

He faces a maximum sentence of twenty years if convicted...

Illegal immigrant sentenced in DUI that hurt USC law student

An undocumented Mexican immigrant received the maximum 15-year sentence for felony DUI causing great bodily injury Thursday morning in a Richland County courtroom.

They don't get deported, they don't get released. They go to prison like everyone else.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

The "cost of the license for noncitizens [is] $50.50." That represents the regular license price--$21--plus a $29.50 fee.

Sounds like they are getting taxed for it as well, paying more than twice the normal cost?
Isn't that a good thing? Everyone gets mad that they are not paying into the system, now when they are, still getting mad?
1.7 million in extra revenue from the 60k alone? Sounds good to me

Man just look at the way folks are swallowing this anything for revenue stick.

The state of Colorado is giving a measure of legal status to illegals for a price. Making a whore of itself, its people and the constitution.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sremmos80

The problem is that we have lost so many lives because of illegal drunken drivers, many with previous arrests and deportations. How many of these illegals know English and can read road signs?

If you are illegal, you shouldn't be given the same rights and privileges as a citizen. It is only rewarding bad behavior.

They have MORE rights and privileges than Americans do.
For God's sake I live in Illinois. A Canadian Goose has more
civil rights and privileges than I do. I'm an old white retired
tool maker of European extraction and a highly skilled
craftsman. I may approve of this message in an election
year--- but like Moe Howard I still don't think much OF it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on thFri, 04 Jul 2014 22:44:01 -0500America/Chicago720140180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

And maybe those crimes would not have happened if the Federal Government enforced all the immigration laws.

And maybe the States and Localities should stop with the harboring.

A smooth running policy would stop these outrages.

A crime is a crime is a crime is a crime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join