It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

archaeologists destroying egyptian walls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
hey i was up one late night, and there was a documentary on some weird channel about egypt.
one of the local archaeologists complained, that some 'well funded' explorerers years ago, came in, saw some very important information on the hieroglyphs, and they insisted they had to 'clean' the walls.

they 'cleaned' the walls by dumping ACID on the walls, destroying the information.

i cannot find my notes about this show, but does anyone recognize this story?

the 'cleaners' worked for the rockafellers, or the smithsonium, or some internati0nal scumbags like that.

thanks if you can post if you know!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If the writings went against consensus of the time, they may have destroyed them. You do not find that happening so much nowadays as you did fifty years + ago. The problem is people destroyed so much through history because it went against their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I do not know of this but there are many rumour's about such activity's over time but if this is the case those vandal's most certainly should be brought to justice and there masters brought down low as that is all they deserve, this is despicable.

There is this page about something similar I stumbled on (well stumbled is not exact I went looking).
www.6000years.org...

I actually believe what you have said to be most likely as you remember it and a fact but sadly without more specific's we may never know what exactly they were covering up though of time's such activity's have in the past been carried out for religious reason's as well such as bishop de landa whom burned the Aztec library's in mexico in great pyres upon which there book's were thrown to be burned and the Islamic burning of the hindu library's and destruction of buddhist monastery's with there great wealth of written text's most of which there then lost forever.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
hey i was up one late night, and there was a documentary on some weird channel about egypt.
one of the local archaeologists complained, that some 'well funded' explorerers years ago, came in, saw some very important information on the hieroglyphs, and they insisted they had to 'clean' the walls.

they 'cleaned' the walls by dumping ACID on the walls, destroying the information.

i cannot find my notes about this show, but does anyone recognize this story?

the 'cleaners' worked for the rockafellers, or the smithsonium, or some internati0nal scumbags like that.

thanks if you can post if you know!

You would have to come up with a bit more info, if real it might be talking about something in late 19th century various techniques were used to remove salt that had come onto painting from the limestone walls. Some of which were destructive.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If the writings went against consensus of the time, they may have destroyed them. You do not find that happening so much nowadays as you did fifty years + ago. The problem is people destroyed so much through history because it went against their beliefs.

Hmmm, that would have been difficult or implausible because scientists are the ones who cause everything to change, they gain wealth and reputation by finding new stuff, unless they were some of the rare religiously radical archies that at times exist.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

A very good find about the Smithsonian and other acquisitions of world heritage that we should all be allowed to see and make up our own minds about.

I do think we need some kind of means of accessing - before people like the catholic church destroys our heritage these artifacts as basically their acquisition is theft from the people of the world and especially the countries they stole those artifacts from.

Today so many don't accept the official religious line of our emergence on this planet. There are also uncomfortable artifacts being found way too deep in the strata to be anyhthing other than artefacts from much older times when it appears man-used tools were being used. This in itself needs to be answered.

I have always had an uncanny feeling or perhaps even instinct that places like Stonehenge were not simply for the usual calendar as people read the skies then, rather like a newspaper today. I have always felt they were for calculating some form of major disaster that has befallen the world before - maybe from some kind of comet or whatever because with any nature-type annihilation, there are survivors who may have had to start over often with only the clothes they have on their backs.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Much of that article is innuendo and sensationalism. You would have to take it case by case but to pick one, the 1909 case of 'Egyptians in the Grand Canyon', is a complete fabrication.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

A very good find about the Smithsonian and other acquisitions of world heritage that we should all be allowed to see and make up our own minds about.

Very light on facts and by a well known conspiracy fantasy writer. The question must be, see what? If 'they' were out to hide stuff the first thing they wouldn't do is store it in a place with easy access, which the Smithsonian is, 'they' would destroy such material.

I do think we need some kind of means of accessing - before people like the catholic church destroys our heritage these artifacts as basically their acquisition is theft from the people of the world and especially the countries they stole those artifacts from.

Depending on the time and place many artifacts were removed because those countries didn't have the interest or ability to protect artifacts at that time, the situation is somewhat improved - for some countries but not all

Today so many don't accept the official religious line of our emergence on this planet. There are also uncomfortable artifacts being found way too deep in the strata to be anyhthing other than artefacts from much older times when it appears man-used tools were being used. This in itself needs to be answered.

Such as?

I have always had an uncanny feeling or perhaps even instinct that places like Stonehenge were not simply for the usual calendar as people read the skies then, rather like a newspaper today. I have always felt they were for calculating some form of major disaster that has befallen the world before - maybe from some kind of comet or whatever because with any nature-type annihilation, there are survivors who may have had to start over often with only the clothes they have on their backs.

The challenge is not to feel it but to prove it with the evidence available or to find new evidence.
edit on 5/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join