It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to identify a certain artist (or) natalie portman's dress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i'm trying to figure something out..

..i spent a few hours the other night trying to get the name of the person who actually draws those pictures featured on natalie portman's dress, i've seen a lot of posters of these artworks & they're often spotted in the background of photoshoots, movies, etc.

they seem to mostly be done in black & white.
searching the internet just takes me circles. the closest thing i could find was the article from the W magazine piece itself, and some lengthy (but interesting) forum topic on another website, neither seem to mention who draws these pictures..

if anyone can help here, that'd be great..

also trying to figure out if this is the same artist?

scene from: hammerhouse theatre: "child's play"

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Its a Miu Miu fashion house who is behind the dress, can´t find the designers tho. Miu Miu is part of Prada family.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What you're looking for is the designer itself. The art style is called Pop Art and the Miu Miu 2008 collection, which featured several versions of the Portman dress, had its artwork based on an amalgam of Warhol and Lichtenstein. Here's the full collection. Why it's so hard to find out who the particular artist is is because it's an in-house artist and not someone notable.

www.style.com...

Roy Lichtenstein was the one who did the most comic book style in Pop Art in the 50's and the images on the dresses are a more modern take on Lichtenstein. If you're looking for a similar style, look at Pop Art.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
thanks both for chiming in

i once knew a young couple who were too familiar with a lot of esoteric mumbo jumbo,
the girl once caught me eyeballing the various magazine articles they'd cut out & stuck to their walls,
a kind of bogan mystic decoupage?
a lot of those clippings featured the black & white drawings of this artist..

she said the artists name as i was admiring analyzing the pictures
asking me if i was a fan of (i think it was a lady's name) work or something like that,
i said i didn't know who drew them, but i'd seen them infrequently
then i pointed out some of the 'stuff' that was encoded into the pics
but i'm pretty sure she already knew all about it,

i ended up knowing that young couple for years and often had conversations with them long into the night, they told me a few things here & there but were guarded about many subjects,
having met them, now i sometimes wonder about the people who are living in our neighborhoods /twilight-zone music

...anyway.. so i've got this mysterious artwork with the multiple (intentional) embedded content, referenced & admired by the people i knew & various subculture magazines & celebrities who all seem to know something we don't ...and the common theme among it all is the 'occult' (the 'hidden')
why am i not surprised

i'm certain there's going to be some interesting connections yet to be discovered behind this 'unknown' artist
well.. back to the tinfoil mines

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The artists name is Liselotte Watkins.
her website
agency website
her instagram
edit on 7/5/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

she was only 13 when that childs play aired so no luck there.
edit on 7/5/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

nice..
thanks a whole bunch for the name & the links

if this is the same person i'm looking for, they've done a good job of not displaying the pics i'm actually looking for!?

the art style is pretty much the same but i'm not seeing what i came for..
perhaps they are kept in some sarcophagus-like piece of heavy furniture, possibly in a basement or attic
thanks again

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Perhaps they are being investigated by top men...top men.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

i see what you did there
well, i'd just like to get to the bottom of things

i'll try to get some pics of what i saw..

new topics

top topics

join