It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1776-2014 did we just do a full circule?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

America is dead. You can't build a home on your own property without permission. So, without explicit government permission, you are homeless. What year was that? The last nail on the coffin was in 1971. Since then, when the government decided to print money to enlarge itself to enormous multi-trillion proportions, the middle class has slowly died and continues to shrivel. Its been all downhill from there. The coffin started being built in 1913 when the government decided a special partnership between elite banks and elite politicians are the best way to manage the economy. I'm told by many that falls in line with the definition of fascism.

The US constitution was ultimately insufficient because it was merely a chip played by the elite to get their foot in the door for a centralized big-government authority. Had it been constructed from a motivation to actually protect rights and freedoms, things would be totally different. The constitution was and is a lie sold to the public. Had it been constructed a as a motivation to protect rights and freedom, the bill of rights would not have been an amendment!

The unfortunate real genius of the constitution was the politicians ability to amend it just enough so that there would be no revolts against them. Politicians don't care about you or me. They care about power.

And somehow capitalism gets the blame. But no, the final nail on the coffin for capitalism was 1971 when government spending became the dominant force in the economy. Is it really a coincidence that the day that USA corporation became the dominant economic power was the day that the middle class started to disappear?

The foundation was corrupt so the system was doomed from the start. The constitution was not really about protecting people's liberties and freedoms. If it were, the bill of rights would be an original part of it. Rather, the US constitution was designed to grab as much power and centralize as much power as the power elite could manage to get in their hands without too much complaint.

Modern governments are based on fear and violence. If instead they were based on voluntary cooperation and love, then perhaps they would be much more stable over time. Instead of saying "if you don't pay me, then I'll punish you" (using fear) Uncle Sam said "Here is a problem... lets voluntarily cooperate to solve it. If you don't help pay for it, you may not get access to the solution.", (love-based cooperative solutions) then he would find long-term practical success instead of a long string of embarrassment, corruption, and failure.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

S + F for You. Well said. Thank You for the Post.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
...And what happened when the fighting died down?

Those "founding fathers" started their OWN taxes and repressive laws.

Instead of the crown pocketing the money, the "founding fathers" did...I don't see it so much as going full circle, but rather a system of near filial piety replaced by the rule of a wealthy oligarchy.

and this deserves it's own set of stars

This is why I am so dubious on the hundreds of impending 'revolutions.'

1. They aren't going to happen...people are lazy and enjoy their superficial lifestyle. BEsides, a couple thousand armed men who are 'tired' of the system aren't going to stop a military machine. Oh they'll claim they are a million strong but let's see how many of these armchair warriors who hide behind the internet will actually take up arms when faced with mortality

but let's pretend they did...AND won

2. Now what? Our new saviours have 'liberated' us...and then they'll turn into the same idiots we have running the country now because greed and corruption is human. Becoming a politician doesn't make you corrupt. Becoming a politician or leader merely manifests the crappy ideas and repressive behaviors already in your mind. THAT is the problem

So maybe for a generation our new leaders will promise freedom, love and happiness...then the next thing you know, it's Bush/Obama all over again...just with new faces and uniforms

new topics

<< 1   >>

join