It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of Man - Brilliant Cartoon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Mankind does things for the immediate gratification without regard to consequences. Its only later when the consequences are realized that mankind determines change is required. Changes have to be slow in order not to grossly disrupt the system, which has already been created.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great vid! I often see the world around me and think, My God, what have we done? How could we have allowed things to get so bad?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
this guy in cartoon moshiach horned crown ready www.moshiach.ru...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That was an awesome video, thanks for sharing it!

There was one that came out many years ago, that kind of played along the same lines only it started with slime coming out of a pool,then the dinosaurs and a monkey that was following them.
It evolved up until man, and then went much the way this video did.

It might of even been the same music.

I wish I could remember the name of it.

Anyways, LOVED the video S&F for OP.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Human history so far is just a blip in time. It's easy to depict them as heartless, cruel, uncaring, and evil. But someone could just as easily make a video about all the good mankind has done since evolution of their kind. But naw.. dirt sells, not hope.. not positive.

In the grand scale of evolution, I'd say humans are probably on target... with what any other species would probably do if they survived and evolved. And it's probably the same across the galaxy. Humans and greed are still causing massive issues. But over time, they are evolving. You expect overnight success? phft. It will be another several thousand years. We will evolve. It just takes time.

Try not to focus on the negative. It only breeds more negativity and hopelessness. Humans are evolving. You won't see it except in tiny increments in your lifetime. They are improving.. it's just a very.. very slow process. Evolution always is.

Much as you might like to think otherwise, technological progress doesn't equate to evolution of a species.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Realtruth

Succinct summary, underscored by "A Night on Bald Mountain". Apropo. The aliens at the end diminished the pathos of the piece. Might have just left him sitting there smoking or maybe everything blowing up from the methane.

Not to be that guy, but the music used was Tchaikovsky's "In the Hall of the Mountain King". Still, it's a powerful bit of music for a poignant video.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kingpinn01

I don't want to be that guy either, but mountain king is actually by Edvard Grieg, not Tchaikovsky.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kingpinn01

Right you are kingpinno. Hall of the Mountain King. That'll teach me to be hooty.
Thanks for letting me not be that guy back to you with Edvard Grieg, not Tchaikovsky.
Maybe we are both getting to old to trust our obscure remembrances.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

(post by mangust69 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That cartoon was really dark but a good way to demonstrate how corrupted humanity can get when over focusing on the survival drive and the self. I liked the amusing twist where the aliens are showing how an outside perspective would perceive our foolishness. The best way I have found for overcoming that corruption is by living a holistic lifestyle that integrates all the aspect of life into a whole and conducting my activities in a way that shows respect for the deep creative potential of nature and culture.
edit on 6-7-2014 by xicor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Lol, indeed.

Please pass the humble pie.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xicor
That cartoon was really dark but a good way to demonstrate how corrupted humanity can get when over focusing on the survival drive and the self. .

Xicor, let you in on a secret...
The human "self" is not to blame this is the biggest lie humanity is being told by those compelled by their subconscious primal mind and its want of control and domination.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia

originally posted by: xicor
That cartoon was really dark but a good way to demonstrate how corrupted humanity can get when over focusing on the survival drive and the self. .

Xicor, let you in on a secret...
The human "self" is not to blame this is the biggest lie humanity is being told by those compelled by their subconscious primal mind and its want of control and domination.

True, when I said the "Self" in that context I was referring to the people already dominated by their survival drive as was demonstrated in the video. For people that haven't been motivated to go beyond the mainstream understanding would see the conception of self as based off the illusions created by their animal mind that creates all the primal urges and mental chatter they experience. This of course is a misconception of the self from people that have blocked themselves from being able to communicate with their true self.

I was being a little intuitive there...
If one can focus on the true spiritual Self and find growth from there, then they know how to independently cultivate energy without having to rely on normal social dynamics of fighting for vital energy. However one of the principles learned when working with the higher self is that everything is interconnected at various levels of existence and therefore activities will be directed outward toward the community or other people. The important thing is to find independence derived from the true Self so you aren't just doing these activities solely based on other peoples thoughts. This allows you to overcome the human psychology that was depicted in the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join