It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Century-Old Mystery: the 1561 UFOs Over Nuremberg

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Pauligirl mentioned this. I thought I'd link to it as well.

Watch on Youtube
edit on 4-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: swanne

The Cylinders are cannon barrels
The spheres are cannon balls
The linked spheres are grape shot

The smoke on the ground is landing cannon balls.
Fragments of wood are debris from cannon shot

The large black arrow is the direction the cannon fire is being returned.

The crosses? Not sure about those. Maybe a symbol of it being a religious conflict.

Spot on, simple depiction of a war scene of the time.
People look at art and see.....aliens lol.

Not that I have an opinion one way or the other on this, the whole "War" thing you and alldaylong are promoting simply doesn't fit.

1. There was no other "human"conflict going on in or around Nuremburg at the time - the last battle prior to 1561 took place in 1552 - also, people knew what battles looked like and seeing as all other conflicts in the area have been well documented, why not this one?
  2. This isn't a piece of art - this is from an early Newspaper recounting witness testimony and the picture was included on that Newsletter. Why would they not reference opposing armies, the who and why of the war etc - instead they mention nothing about any opposing armies and are quite clear about something happening in the sky.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The large black arrow is the direction the cannon fire is being returned.

No one has pointed out before that I know of the Spear of Destiny, the spear that supposedly killed christ (the object is dated to a later date so isn't the spear 'Longines' used) was housed in Nuremberg at the time this image was created.
Ive always though that image identifies Nuremberg as the town in the image and not meant to depict a flying object.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What do you think of my idea, on page 2, then?
a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Leaves me wondering why you didn't include the rest of the text:

Although we have seen, shortly one after another, many kinds of signs on the heaven, which are sent to us by the almighty God, to bring us to repentance, we still are, unfortunately, so ungrateful that we despise such high signs and miracles of God. Or we speak of them with ridicule and discard them to the wind, in order that God may send us a frightening punishment on account of our ungratefulness. After all, the God-fearing will by no means discard these signs, but will take it to heart as a warning of their merciful Father in heaven, will mend their lives and faithfully beg God, that He may avert His wrath, including the well-deserved punishment, on us, so that we may temporarily here and perpetually there, live as his children. For it, may God grant us his help, Amen. By Hanns Glaser, letter-painter of Nurnberg

Glaser produced a great many different woodcuts of weird sky shapes. In all of them, he used the same "God's gonna get us" argument.

He did four different ones for Nuremberg alone.

Glaser, by the way, was never a witness to any of these strange happenings so posters asking for details are asking for more fabricated items in the woodcut.

Link to Glaser's work (it's in German, but Google will translate): Linkl

Woodcuts or it didn't happen? LOL

Harte

edit on 7/6/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
More like some kind of unusual astronomical event happening that day , maybe espessially heavy meteor shower ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join