It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Century-Old Mystery: the 1561 UFOs Over Nuremberg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This artwork has always perplexed me. If it was a representation of a battle fought by people where are the other references to it? Who fought and why? As to wreckage who says there wasn't any? For all we know the wreckage is stored in the Vatican, or was hidden away by TPTB of the time...

Either way I hope more information of this event comes to light somehow.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, your own argument also applies to a war, does it not?

If it was really a war with cannon balls, how come no wreckage or evidences has been collected?

Cannon balls are two a penny. More or less an everyday item in medieval Europe.

UFO wreckage, well that's something else all together. I don't think there would be a great amount of that as an every day item. More collectable i would say.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: swanne

The Cylinders are cannon barrels
The spheres are cannon balls
The linked spheres are grape shot

The smoke on the ground is landing cannon balls.
Fragments of wood are debris from cannon shot

The large black arrow is the direction the cannon fire is being returned.

The crosses? Not sure about those. Maybe a symbol of it being a religious conflict.

So...what terrestrial war was that?

I did a quick check on events of 1561...I didn't see any serious armed conflicts in the area around that date...Now, a few months later...Sweden defeated what is now known as Estonia...but, I don't think that's gonna count.

So, again, what war was that?

And, actually folks; I think this is when the Zeta Reticulans discovered Earth, and those who think they own it.

edit on 4-7-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I would go with the large black spear being a black triangle
The cannonballs being orbs
The big rods being cigar shape ufo
The crosses probably some type of ufo that they couldnt describe in words
I would also guess that the artist that painted this picture had the event described to him and this was as best he could do.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Good point.

What about the written report? It says the balls fought each other in the sky for over an hour, and then fell on the ground, causing smoke and stuff. Plus, the black arrow is not an abstract concept - the written report reports the actual sighting of this thing.

A previous thread on this subject covered the fact an explosion at a local firework factory was one of the causes for this. And yes, firework factories did exist at the time.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

and these folks here agree with you

Looking at the description of the event, modern pictures/videos and other old depictions of similar events, you’ll soon see that a sundog really is a more plausible explanation than the Galactic Empire paying a visit.

Site has other examples of art depicting sundogs and other phenomenon

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And why are there two bows on the sun?
And why are there "cannons" in the air?
And why are these "cannons" filled with more than one ball?

And why are there so much balls in the air?
And why is there little damage on the ground?
And why no one on the ground seems at war?

I'm thinking it was some kind of stratospheric eclipse. From the NASA eclipse calculator, there were two eclipses in this year:
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

April 14th, just happens to fit inside both these dates. Combine that with atmospheric events like ice crystals high up in the air, and you would get all sorts of lighting effects.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The crosses? Not sure about those. Maybe a symbol of it being a religious conflict.

Spot on, simple depiction of a war scene of the time.
People look at art and see.....aliens lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan
This artwork has always perplexed me. If it was a representation of a battle fought by people where are the other references to it? Who fought and why? As to wreckage who says there wasn't any? For all we know the wreckage is stored in the Vatican, or was hidden away by TPTB of the time...

The artist was probably suffering from PTSD from some war where he got shell shocked.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: XTexan

The artist was probably suffering from PTSD from some war where he got shell shocked.

There is no suggestion that the artist was actually there, but was producing something based on accounts from others.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sorry man...no war there at the time...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Sorry man...no war there at the time...

Doesn't matter, it is what the artist envisioned and put on canvas. Delusions, dreams, any night frights or whatever other hallucinations could cause an artist to mesh reality, ie a real place, with the mental visions of non real events. The artist could have been in any war during his lifetime and suffered mentally from it, then created this art at any time after that.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So...what terrestrial war was that?

I did a quick check on events of 1561...I didn't see any serious armed conflicts in the area around that date...Now, a few months later...Sweden defeated what is now known as Estonia...but, I don't think that's gonna count.

So, again, what war was that?

And, actually folks; I think this is when the Zeta Reticulans discovered Earth, and those who think they own it.

This may help in your search:-

www.historyguide.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Otto Billig made an effort to provide a historical context for the apparition in his comments. He notes Nuremberg was one of the most prestigious cities of the late Middle Ages, a ‘Free and Imperial City’ known for its wealth and nobility. It tried to maintain a neutrality during the furious warring between Catholics and Protestants during the Reformation, but when one Protestant prince was rebuffed when he insisted on financial tributes to fund his battles, the city was besieged and its trade cut off. Though ultimately successful in defending itself, the rebuilding of fortifications in Nuremberg necessitated a new round of taxation and the city suffered hard times in its aftermath. On Good Friday, 1554 another siege happened and one broadsheet publisher described mock suns that prognosticated God’s will wanted confession of sinful ways – i.e. the victims brought it on themselves. Another sky apparition followed in July of knights fighting each other with fiery swords, thus warning a coming Day of Judgment. Very similar apparitions of knights fighting in the skies were frequently reported during the Thirty Years' War. Many similar broadsheets of wondrous signs exist in German and Swiss archives and Nuremberg seems the focus of a number of them, presumably because of the hardships and conflicts of the ex-prosperous. Such conditions typically accentuate apocalyptic thought.
---Otto Billig, Flying Saucers - Magic in the Skies Schenkman, 1982, pp. 48-55.
From the link in the O.P.

I think it is a woodcut image in the vein of trying to influence popular thought. As there were broadsheets published depicting signs in the skies, as referenced above, this one could be taken to mean someone in Nuremberg felt it worthwhile to continue a stance of neutrality amongst Catholic & Protestant factions around them. The phenomenon seen in the sky would illustrate that the warring factions would defeat themselves, albeit while blocking out the sun (trade routes, life as usual) for the townspeople.

edit on 4-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: Tge

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

www.historyguide.org...

Not really much help, but it does corroborate what I found:

Between 1560 and 1715, Europe witnessed only thirty years of international peace. The greatest "international" conflict of the period was the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648), a war that had its origins in the complicated religious and political environment of the period. In 1555, the Peace of Augsburg brought an end to religious wars in Central Europe by dividing the numerous German states between Catholic and Lutheran authority. Although each prince had the right to determine the religion of his subjects, it happened that Lutheranism continued to spread into catholic-held lands. The spread of Calvinism, not recognized at Augsburg, also increased tensions. By 1609, the Holy Roman Empire had fragmented into two hostile alliances -- the Protestant Union and the Catholic League.

So...no wars...well except that in June of that year Sweden conquered Estonia...but this woodcut and news report are from April of 1561...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nuremberg was singled out by the NAZI occult because it had special resonance and ley line vortex energy

The long established city was created there because the 3 Norn wielded great power from their mountain, or cavern in the mountain in subterranean Nuremberg

see this reference:

...Nuremberg, once known as Nornenberg, Norn's Mountain, is where the three Norns were said to live. They answered to no one. The two great deity-families of the Nordic-Germanic world, the Vanir and the Aesir, were themselves subject to this ancient female triad, for the Norns were older than the oldest god. Among themselves, the oldest and original Norn was Urd -- other variants of her name include Wurd (Old High German), Wryd (Anglo-Saxon, commonly translated as "Fate"), Weird (English), Urth, Urtha, Urdr, Urda, Ertha -- our word "earth" is derived from her. She was the Norn of destiny. The second sister was Verthandi, "Being," or the one who governed the present moment. The third was Skuld, often translated as "Necessity," as in the "necessity" of repaying "a debt that all must pay" -- i.e., death. Thus, Skuld was the death-Norn who determined the length of each life. It was said that when Doomsday arrived, it would be Skuld who would lay the death-curse on the whole universe. Interestingly, shamanic-bard-poets known as skalds were Skuld's servants -- in their hands was the creation of visionary literature. The three Norns were known collectively as Die Schreiberinnen, "the Writing Women," who wrote the on-going book of Destiny in which they revealed the deep secrets of the universe....

source: shedrums.com...

Norn

Norn - (Norse mythology) any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny; identified with Anglo-Saxon Wyrd; similar to Greek Moirae and Roman Parcae

Norse mythology - the mythology of Scandinavia (shared in part by Britain and Germany) until the establishment of Christianity - Norse deity - a deity worshipped by the ancient Norsemen

Urd, Urth - goddess of fate: PastVerdandi, Verthandi - goddess of fate: Present

Skuld - goddess of fate: Future

What...you ask... has the Norn of Nuremberg have to do with the 1561 celestial/sky anomalies of that era...

well at that same time Michel de Nostredame, Lived: Dec 14, 1503 - Jul 02, 1566 (age 62) had made a name for himself with his predictions & such in the name of Nostradamus...
some cross researching will need to be done---but the Mythical Fate Sisters I believe caused the visual display in a occult communication fashion with the occult practicing doctor turned catholic...
perhaps a Nostradamus authority can interpret the Nuremberg sky phenomenom from among his deciphered Quatrains
using the keys of Nuremberg Germany , April 1561, etc etc

I think there is a connection between the Norn Sisters & the Occult Seer Nostradamus
Which is why the NAZI's used Nuremberg location as the staging area to mesmerize the throngs of people...in Hitlers quest to tap into those mystical-metaphysical forces that once created the 1561 sky full of colored lights over Nuremberg Germany for a whole population to witness & experience
edit on th31140450160004202014 by St Udio because: ;;';';';'

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

www.historyguide.org...

Not really much help, but it does corroborate what I found:

Between 1560 and 1715, Europe witnessed only thirty years of international peace. The greatest "international" conflict of the period was the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648), a war that had its origins in the complicated religious and political environment of the period. In 1555, the Peace of Augsburg brought an end to religious wars in Central Europe by dividing the numerous German states between Catholic and Lutheran authority. Although each prince had the right to determine the religion of his subjects, it happened that Lutheranism continued to spread into catholic-held lands. The spread of Calvinism, not recognized at Augsburg, also increased tensions. By 1609, the Holy Roman Empire had fragmented into two hostile alliances -- the Protestant Union and the Catholic League.

So...no wars...well except that in June of that year Sweden conquered Estonia...but this woodcut and news report are from April of 1561...

The chap who painted it seemed to have a fixation with things in the sky.

www.zeno.org...

www.zeno.org...

www.zeno.org...

www.zeno.org...

www.zeno.org...

www.zeno.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Nuremberg was singled out by the NAZI occult because it had special resonance and ley line vortex energy

Ley lines are a 20th Century New Ager invention, look as hard as you like but they are not referred to as such before (roughly) 1920.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: St Udio

Ley lines are a 20th Century New Ager invention, look as hard as you like but they are not referred to as such before (roughly) 1920.

Come again? Ley lines or whatever you want to call them are part of the reality of numerous countries of Planet Earth, Fairy paths in Ireland, Dead roads in Holland, Feng Shue in the East, whatever you want to call them these lines really do exist.PS, grab yourseld a couple of rods or a pendant and dowse for them, they are real

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

I would go with the large black spear being a black triangle
The cannonballs being orbs
The big rods being cigar shape ufo
The crosses probably some type of ufo that they couldnt describe in words
I would also guess that the artist that painted this picture had the event described to him and this was as best he could do.

If it's a spade call it a spade. First decent reply on here. Too much trying to hide from the fact that the orbs are depicted. Thanks for being so honest with seeing what is so plainly obviously what it is. You see the ufos for what they are. So much nonsense when the orbs are just staring us in the face.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join