It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Members From The United States of America, From TrueBrit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

No one needs an excuse for good barbecue, but as excuses go, its a pretty good one eh?

Over here in Britain, the best excuse for barbecue food is simply that the rain has abated long enough to get the coals up to the right temperature!

Have a good one!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Who needs a excuse to BBQ? It's a BBQ! That's all that is required in my humble opinion.

Thanks for wishing us a happy holiday. I hope the rest of your year goes splendidly as well.

But you have reminded me of one of the most humorously ironic 4th of Julys. While flying to Germany back in the nineties, our plane landed at Bentwaters for repairs and we were stuck there during the fourth. It was kind of weird celebrating our Independence day in the UK, BBQ, beer,& fireworks. How bassackwards is that!?
Good time though, couldn't ask for a nicer spot to be stranded in.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well said OP TrueBrit!

Have a top independence day across the pond folks.
And be careful with those deep fried turkeys!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Bilk22

No one needs an excuse for good barbecue, but as excuses go, its a pretty good one eh?

Over here in Britain, the best excuse for barbecue food is simply that the rain has abated long enough to get the coals up to the right temperature!

Have a good one!
That's what makes it a great day - doing what we as free people desire to do - something simple and sharing that with those we love. Every day should be "independence day"
Thanks my friend from across the pond

PS We await the wrath of Arthur and the time when his wrath abates long enough to get a hot fire going LOL

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Thank you much and I hope your day is a nice one as well. It's almost time for me to take the kids to the local park for some fun. With that in mind....

side note......amazing just a hearty have a good day thread can bring out idiots to spread their cheer.......not referring to anyone in particular but if you read the first few posts I'm sure you understand

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks True Brit! I really hope you are having a beautiful summer!

I only wish I could round up most of you and bring you all over for some fresh smoked salmon, burgers and a good drink!!

It's too bad that some can't just live and let live. It's a good day to remember who we could be as a nation, and a good day to celebrate the incredible spirit of people who make up a nation's heart and soul. Our government is a nightmarish joke, but people are still good hearted in general. The good hearted people of the world want to live a good peaceful prosperous lives and watch their children and grandchildren do the same. That stands true no matter where you are from. On a day like today I am especially grateful to be home happily with my family in the USA and not in so many other countries around the world.

Happy Independence Day!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: logicequals
Too bad for TrueBritt, that he is too busy drinking too realise the true BS in America. People are brainwashed, and worship the flag, that enslaves others and themselves. I know that is deeeeeeep. a reply to: TrueBrit

ahh....hahahaha....
Dude, you are picking on the WRONG member. He has the ability to verbally annihilate you, and make it sound like poetry! (*grabbing popcorn*)

The only thing that's really deeeeeep, is the hole you are digging for yourself.

jacygirl

Grabs chair and sits next to jacy, digs her in the ribs and steals some popcorn.

"I haven't such an uneven contest since a member ended up offering to fight me on you tube, this is gonne be fun huh jacy LMAO"

Cody

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Budge up and make some space for me Jacy and Cody, and pass the popcorn! Great holiday entertainment, isn't it?

And I would like to join the OP in wishing our American members a very happy independence day and happy holiday.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Should we call the warriors ?

They might enjoy it as well.......................We're gonna need more popcorn !!!

Cody

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Wow... you guys!

Nice to see you and all, but theres nothing to see here
Well, aside from sending hearty greetings to our friends across the pond, on this day of celebration in their nation!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more old chap,
My apologies for my lack of participation recently, I have had my head surgically removed from posterior today, and am back to my usual self

Again my most amiable thoughts and wishes to our colonial cousins, may each and every one of you share this day in peace, love and harmony. Unless you're a mod in which case get off of ATS and go out have a good time. We're ugly enough to be 404'd tomorrow LOL

Seriously guys

Cody

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Awwww, thanks True! Very thoughtful of you.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

U Enjoy trying to back people down, don't you ? to: jacygirl

Did you seriously expect a different outcome when you pop up out of nowhere, troll a thread, and call folks any number of livestock??

If you did, maybe you should not have started celebrating so early.

If you had read for any amount of time some of the things we have posted before, you would realize that we are all fully aware of what is going on around us. Just because we choose to forget for a few moments and enjoy some time with our friends and families does not mean that we enjoy being bent over the rest of the year by our own government. You ASSume too much and we all know what happens when we ASSume things.

I am one of the most anti government folks around. I like to stick it to "The Man" every chance I get. Yet you assumed that because I was thankful for some things in my life that I must have my head in the sand, I'm a sheeple, and I have a herd mentality.

The government tends to suck the joy out of everything it possibly can. If you are smart, you learn how to snatch pieces of happiness up when you can. You are no martyr if you choose to do otherwise. You are just rolling over. And I will be damned if I roll over and let them dictate how I live my life and how I celebrate with my family and friends. I'm in love with humor and I will take it whenever I can get it. I'm not going to give it up willingly just because the government is currently *snip* on us all.

It's not how I live my life and it shouldn't be how you live yours.

I'm sure this post will probably fall on deaf ears as I am named yet another breed of farm animal, but I gave it a shot. It's up to you whether you listen with reason or not.
edit on 7/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Self moderation. Thanks TrueBrit

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

U Enjoy trying to back people down, don't you ? to: jacygirl

Nope
But we thoroughly enjoy watching people squirm when they realise they just came to place full of smart people with thick skins that refuse to react in the manner you wish.

We've got Bernie

You've got nothing

You won't understand that, but hey I've been here 9 years and your on ................................ OH
day 1.

Just saying

Cody

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thank you sir for your very kind words. I wish you and yours even more happiness.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hey! Who ate all my popcorn?

Yeah, I see you there Cody and Mura...

To all those people who are celebrating, please shoot those fireworks high, will ya? I'm only an hour from the border, so I'll be watching for the show!
Wish you hadn't mentioned Bernie, Cody...now I have a craving for schnitzel!

And now, a little holiday music!

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

After seeing the thread's title and author, it was bumped
upon landing. This is uncharacteristic of me; but since all
digested was as I expected, yours truly and loved ones out
(in corn country now) thank you for the kind words. So few
can remember what drove us from George back then: you do.

G-Grandpa William was a very good civil engineer, as some
of the laurie-proof stone bridges he slapped up still stand
out in the far west. Sometimes I sorely regret not coming
back and pushing up a hovel of my own... to squirrel away
scads of dusty Plexis. I'm old now... but not borin'.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

U just don't realise what i am doing, or from well I am from. " The Cows will attack you, if you go against the herd" If you have awaken, welcome. If not, May God Bless You. a reply to: jacygirl

Where are you from?

Wow Beez, never thought I'd see an instant answer to
a question you posed to another... directly pigeonholing
me. From around Chicago, we savages sometimes end a
sentence with a preposition. Well, it was a great joke
but can't repeat the punchline here. Happy ID Major.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Wow... you guys!

Nice to see you and all, but theres nothing to see here
Well, aside from sending hearty greetings to our friends across the pond, on this day of celebration in their nation!

Just last night pushed in a couple larger and more limber
memory chips in the heap. Now there's no wonder why
the tan is missing from the Guinness. Dissipated by pure
oscillation it is..ROFL. God hope that was what you're
tipping; that aspartame in a diet Coke is murder.
Back to the thread. If I'm absent by that day, a Happy
St.George's in return--- just in case.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks TrueBrit

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join