It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Control Scientists Claim Ability To Turn Off Consciousness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

but you are lumping many things into one.

Which, BTW, is a very common error of the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just because these researchers have managed to find a point in the brain, where applied current can cause the subject to pass out, does not equate to having found the centre of consciousness, in the wider and most enigmatic sense. Researchers now know how to place a mind in standby mode, but they do not know how consciousness as it pertains to sentience comes into being.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

As NDE's demonstrate, consciousness can clearly survive brain and heart death lasting 15 minutes to hours, in some startling cases.

However, the super rationalists; the super materialists; the super rigidly 'time-plus-chance' rationalizers and blatherers

CAN'T TOLERATE such a construction on reality so they MUST rant every slightly creative way imaginable to vainly try and DENY SUCH REALITIES instead of denying ignorance.

Guess what: Life and reality are extremely complex in a variety of ways.

And the puny RELIGION OF SCIENTISM hasn't begun to remotely be able to apprehend spiritual dimensions. They are too busy denying them. How can they examine them! . . . even IF . . . their 'instruments' were capable of doing such.

LOLOL.

edit on 5/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: tag

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I actually believe that intuition is the greatest gift to science, and it would be foolish for an individual to think of the scientific method as the end all be all.

The thing is, you can't rely on just intuition to get you by in this world. You need a balance of logic and intuition.

Cheers.

To add: NDE debate is worthy of a whole other thread. There are many already on ATS. We have a pretty good understanding of what happens, and are using intuition to fill in the gaps for the time being
There's very little to prove your point, though. Sorry.
edit on 5-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

To me . . . as I demonstrated in putting my walk where my mouth was in how I structured my PhD dissertation . . .

An approach that COMBINES

more 'modern'-traditional 'scientific' reductionist Greek sorts of exploration

WITH

the more traditional experiential, phenomenological, HEBREW approach to knowing and discovery

is the more rational and functional way to explore issues, topics and the structure of reality.

Using only one of the 2 best tools to explore reality has always seemed short-sighted to even stupid, to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Then we're on the same page.

I don't, however, think that scientific insight can happen outside of experiential, and phenomenological intuition to boot.

The problem seems to be with the minions within the sciences who don't really comprehend what the discoverers gleamed at.

So it seems that, although we differ on some specifics, we in general agree.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Then we're on the same page.

Not exactly my most common experience on ATS. LOL.

I don't, however, think that scientific insight can happen outside of experiential, and phenomenological intuition to boot.

Absolutely INDEED.

And what is it about such a BASIC, SOLID FACT . . . that seems to terminally escape otherwise bright folks???

So many of the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM seem to just not realize that their

APPREHENSION, GRASPING, UNDERSTANDING

OF ANYTHING

is ABSOLUTELY DEPENDENT on their PHENOMENOLOGICAL EXPERIENCE

of whatever it is that is being considered.

Physicists have conclusively demonstrated that life is incredibly complex . . . that solid objects are not really solid, at all . . . that stationary objects are in constant motion . . .

Physicists have demonstrated that there's TONS OF UNCERTAINTY in the MOST BASIC of physical properties . . . at the most foundational levels.

And yet, the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM pontificators hereon blather about AS THOUGH

THEIR PARTICULAR, VERY PERSONAL, VERY PHENOMENOLOGICALLY APPREHENDED; THEIR VERY PHENOMENOLOGICALLY PERCEIVED 'micrometer'

were measuring something pristine, solid, TRULY TRUEST TRUE IN THE TRULY TRUEST TRUE SENSE--STATIC, UNALTERABLY AND INDEPENDENTLY TRUE--FAR MORE TRUE THAN ANY "Christian" "nonsense."

While IN FACT, all they are doing IS VERY SUBJECTIVELY "measuring"

--something past
--something that was in motion
--something colored by THEIR particular history and perceptive capacities

AS WELL AS BY THEIR particular emphases of various DIFFERENT components of the phenomenon AND of various DIFFERENT aspects of the process of measurement and of perceiving said measurement.

. . . AND that their INTERPRETATION of said PERCEPTIONS of said "SCIENTIFIC"

"MEASUREMENT" is also particularly colored (distorted, mangled, altered)

BY THEIR

particular preferences, needs, motivations, biases etc. etc. etc.

Yet, they insist on blathering on AS THOUGH ALL the above "scientific" findings are a single fact oriented unalterable dogmatic truth founded on an unmovable rock of the foundation of the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM.

What a farce. What nonsense.

They live in an illusion that makes the Heisenberg uncertainty principle look like a 100% certain law 100% predictable and boring in all respects on all occasions to all degrees.

They then FAIL UTTERLY TO SEE--that the above compulsion is A RELIGIOUS DOGMA every bit as implemented by RELIGIOUS FORCES, EMOTIONS AND SENSIBILITIES as any Pentecostal prayer service might be.

It's just their dogma that the above is not true.

It's just their dogma that their BELIEFS are somehow sterile time + chance TRUTH, independent of RELIGIOUS sensibilities and forces.

It's just their dogma that consciousness can't exist beyond presumably finite bio-chemical and electrical puppetized noises in their brains.

I say "puppetized" because it is their DOGMA

THAT EVERYTHING THEY ARE AND EVERYTHING THEY DO is merely a product of absolutely !CONTROLLING! impersonal chance plus time--with no other foundation or implications.

That is, that their CHANCE ENVIRONMENT 100% TOTALLY DICTATES who they are and what they think and do. They are totally very SLAVISH puppets of their environments IF their dogma is true.

Globalist B.F. Skinner's BEYOND FREEDOM AND DIGNITY makes this somewhat clear--though he's also grossly hypocritical in these regards.

YET,

they have ABSOLUTELY NO CAPACITY TO LIVE THAT WAY--

THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CAPACITY TO LIVE AS THOUGH EVERYTHING THEY ARE AND EVERYTHING THEY DO IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS built totally and only on impersonal chance plus time.

THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CAPACITY TO LIVE consistent with the dogmatic values and implications of the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM.

They COMPULSIVELY MUST PRETEND

that their values and their choices and their actions

matter.

= = = = =

YET, they CANNOT tolerate the whole idea that there even might be some PERSONAL AUTHORITY

beyond their silly religion of scientism

that just might have a JUST and well grounded, authentic claim on their lives . . . and the right and authority to require of them one set of values and behaviors vs a different set of values and behaviors.

= = = = =

THEREFORE, some of them are salivating at the whole idea, the whole fantasy that turning off EVIDENCE of consciousness proves that the individual is merely a time + chance machine with no consciousness beyond the electrical connections in their brains.

The problem seems to be with the minions within the sciences who don't really comprehend what the discoverers gleamed at.

Absolutely indeed.

That would be 100% or near 100% of all the super reductionists, super 'naturalists' super 'rationalists' concerned.

Discovery is . . . as you say so well . . . a function and process of insightful "intuition."

. . . WITHOUT . . . any discussion of where the intuition comes from.

They DON'T DARE GO THERE. They can't really do it logically but yet again, they pretend that even intuition is merely a product of chance plus time and particularly chance firings of neurons in their brains. What nonsense.

They don't really know or understand what's in "the black box."

Yet they can't tolerate the idea that something or SomeOne outside the black box has a dialogical connection with something unknown within the black box.

So the idea that they can turn all THAT stuff off with a newly found switch has them giddily dancing in the streets and on the graves of any who held forth about the realities of that Other beyond their black boxes.

While, actually, as far as I understand the research so far . . . all they've found is another way to turn off awareness or the reporting out of awareness from the black box.

They've found a new light switch. But the light bulb is still there. The electrical power to light the bulb is still there.

But we must not confuse them with facts. It causes them tooooo much existential angst and frothing at the fingers while smoke spews out their ears.

So it seems that, although we differ on some specifics, we in general agree.

Evidently so . . . though I'm not sure how much of the above you'd agree with! LOL.

edit on 5/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

edit on 5/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: clarity

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What little I know of computers, it almost sounds like they found the biological equivalent of the northbridge chip. It synchs everything else up in order for higher processes to function smoothly. It even appears to have a similar role in regulating sleep mode. (Funny how the grey meat and silicon has parallels.)

This might be useful in researching sleep disorders like narcolepsy or the "opposite" disorder (dunno name offhand) where people still retain motor function while dreaming.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
with this particular piece of news there are skeptics claiming that non local consciousness is now officially disproven and there are believers that go nuts and do damage control and saying that consciousness originates from somewhere outside the brain. so much is apparent from this thread. the news is being misinterpreted, holy carp, relax, this doesn't disprove non local consciousness, not that there is any hard proof for it either. this merely helps explaining how consciousness works on a material level and any practical uses for it.

btw, activistpost is not a good source of info...deny ignorance is the slogan of this site...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
A half a fifth of the liquor of your choice will turn that switch off.
Why do we need to pay scientists to find some other way?

No half measures. You make it to the worm or else you are a sissy.

That reminds me of when the aliens from planet Quervo abducted me. After polishing off a fifth with my friend "Taco" I had a missing time event in which the aliens implanted an agave worm in my brain, so now if I drink ta-kill-ya, I get abducted again and have another missing time event. So, I'm safe if I don't get that damned worm activated again! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join