It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle-East on Edge - A look at current events - Is the end nigh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The Middle-East is currently experiencing great turmoil.

As you all know, ISIS is currently ravaging through areas of Syria and Iraq, and have even declared their own Islamic Caliphate, a state ruled under extreme Islamic law.

Here's what the current situation looks like:

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

In addition to the rapid advancement of ISIS, the Kurds have decided to seek independence, which, if successful, would pave the way to the partition of Iraq. This would further split the country, as the government is unable to take back the regions controlled by ISIS, without unity or support. Additionally the partition of Iraq would further establish cement the establishment of ISIS' caliphate, as well as draw into doubt, the southern Shia region.

The president of the Kurdish region of northern Iraq has asked his parliament to prepare for a referendum on independence, potentially paving the way for the break-up of the country.

Masoud Barzani, president of the Kurdistan Regional Government, called on parliament on Thursday to form an independent electoral commission that would start organising a referendum on independence for the semi-autonomous region.

www.aljazeera.com...

In response to ISIS' advancement southwards, Saudi Arabia has transported troops to their northern border with Iraq:

Saudi Arabia has sent 30,000 troops to reinforce its long northern desert border after Iraqi troops withdrew from the other side, according to reports

Fighters from Islamic State, the jihadist group, and its allies have already seized frontier posts on Iraq's western borders with Syria and Jordan. The southern border with Saudi Arabia, which regards itself as vulnerable to the threat of jihadism, is more than 500 miles long.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This comes as claims made by alleged insurgents suggest a potential goal of entering Saudi Arabia and destroying the Kaaba in Mecca, the holiest site in Islam:

A reported member of the militant group Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), which recently dubbed itself simply as The Islamic State, has declared that they will destroy the Kaaba in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, which is Islam's most holy site.

APA quoted alleged ISIS member Abu Turab Al Mugaddasi based on reports from Turkish media, who said on Twitter:

"If Allah wills, we will kill those who worship stones in Mecca and destroy the Kaaba. People go to Mecca to touch the stones, not for Allah."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In addition to the mess in Iraq, there is some disturbing news coming out of Syria. Syrian rebels have threatened to lay down arms against ISIS, which would bolster their strength and ability to take Aleppo, the rebel stronghold of Syria. Such a defeat would render the moderate Syrian opposition unable to continue their war, and would surely lead to further instability (and increased problems) in both, Iraq and Syria:

Rebels from northern and eastern Syria on Wednesday threatened to lay down their arms in a week if the country’s exiled opposition does not help them fight the jihadist Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“We, the leaders of the brigades and battalions... give the National Coalition, the (opposition) interim government, the (rebel) Supreme Military Council and all the leading bodies of the Syrian revolution a week to send reinforcements and complete aid,” the statement said.

“Should our call not be heard, we will lay down our weapons and pull out our fighters,” it added.

english.alarabiya.net...

While ISIS is making headway in destablising the region, we must also look at the current tensions between Israel and the Palestinians. That conflict is surely sitting on a large pile of metaphorical explosives, with the slightest misstep able to cause war. Israel has been transporting its troops to Gaza's border, and has been bombarding the Palestinians for a couple of days now:

Israel has beefed up its forces along its frontier with the Gaza Strip and launched air strikes against militant Hamas targets in response to Palestinian cross-border rocket attacks.

There has also been a second day of violent Palestinian protests in Jerusalem after the discovery of the body of a 16-year-old Palestinian boy on Wednesday in a forest near the city.

www.abc.net.au...

The Middle-East is experiencing great troubles, and if this Israeli-Palestinian conflict kicks off, i fear it would spell great disaster for the region as a whole.

Overall, i feel most for the innocent people who are stuck in these devastating events. Those who are stuck between violent extremists and an elitist government; those who are confined to an open air prison and systematically bombed; those who are bombed for the crimes committed by their government. I feel for all of the vulnerable people in the region.

I fear that the Middle-East is close to tipping over the edge.
edit on 3-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You know whats best about ISIS...?

They're not "terrorists". So the "terrorist threat" is over" now...

This paradigm shift doesnt tell you anything? It should.

EDIT: well... just dont worry, and let it burn and watch where that takes you. And you'll see...
edit on 4-7-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just to add to the mix is this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... fire in the hole, fire in the hole .

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
ISIS is the Rockerfeller/Rothschild/Windsor/Saudi and possibly even Israels tool and at the very first sign of any fundamental group that would dismember anyone, behead anyone, try to dominate women even emerging somewhere on this planet, the UN and the world's leaders should have squashed that bug firmly and immediately, at the first crime.

So at this point, its the world leaders and the UN's fault. Because psycho's will be psycho's, can't rely on that level of sickness to stop on its own. So every murder was done by our elected leaders and every member of the UN.

I don't call this unrest, its hellzone ugly demonic satanic crapola and it has to end.

But now our leaders and UN leaders all need to go to jail for the same crimes with the others. They're all equally responsible.
edit on 4-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I know people say stuff like this all the time 'round here on ATS....

but I see a very.. interesting Summer to come. That is to say the least.

I honestly think TPTB are prepping us for some bloody times ahead. If things do kick off in the Middle East it will only be the beginning, I hate to say it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The middle-east is always at war. Oil and religion, remove those factors from the ME and you will see peace...well residual peace succumbing to brotherhood eventually. Just remove religion and oil.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
The middle-east is always at war. Oil and religion, remove those factors from the ME and you will see peace...

I think that applies to humanity in general, not just the middle east.

Especially the religion part.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I find it curious that a holy war has raged on between Christians and Muslims since before I was a tadpole. In fact, since before my fathers fathers father was a tadpole. Yet here we are in the 21 century and our "enemies" sit on the worlds largest concentration of extractable resources. The war began before the need for such resources and now here we are in the most interesting of situations.

It seems the odds of having a feud with a group of people for one reason, and to many the reason was profound, our souls........Jesus or Mohammad and now the reason seems equally important but in the physical instead of the spiritual.....oil. What are the odds? Almost as if the cosmos is hell bent on proffering reasons for discord.

I also find it curious that the odds of the moon being its diameter and its distance to earth relative the sun makes it appear in the sky the same size as the sun, when clearly it's not. Another puzzling coincidence...they seem to be all around us.

I suppose what I'm getting at is apparently there doesn't appear to be, nor ever was any other end result than this. Follow the ebbs and flows will only lead to this inevitable conclusion. So much so, it appears to be manufactured as such but appears to go well beyond some rich bankers trying to profit from war. The human collective as a whole would be, and is appalled by this bloodletting, genuinely believes in liberty and the happiness of us all, yet look around, some force(s) have other plans. Its in the numbers, follow the ebbs and flows, there's no such thing as coincidence.
edit on 4-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Let them sort it out themselves. As long as they don't cross our shores.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Looks like the 'great game' is slowly coming to a conclusion, what that conclusion is, well, anyone's guess, I bet there will be lots of pits full of bodies, and, in time, lots of small groves of indigenous trees, bit like after Genghis Khan passed by on his rampage westwards, some scholars estimate he slaughtered forty million people.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
lol, I see a lot of ignorance here. so after everything you have all learned in the last decade about jihads, extremest Islam etc. the melting pot of cultural and religious difference the middle east is I still see basically the same comments.
S&F to the OP.
edit on 4-7-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The map at the 30 second mark looks quite familiar to the ISIS grand plan recently released by our trusty new source. As for the rest of the movie I am open to the historical theories of an extraterrestrial influence on Earth, to each their own.

This stuff has been going on for a long time and unless there is some significant change in the global energy landscape and policy can see the divide and conquer campaign continuing for some time.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The End as you speak of it implies all life perishing simultaneously.

For life to perish simultaneously it's progenitor would have to simultaneously perish.

The Earth will not perish by means of human conflict.

Therefore The End of Earth is not nigh.

The end is relative to the individual that is perishing.

Many individuals may perish simultaneously by inconceivable means.

Death is the means to the end of life.

Therefore the end will always be nigh for all that has birth is subject to death.

The end has always been nigh and will always be.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
nice OP...covered much issues, power points

but I see this action being mainly a creation of a Sunni Caliphate to counter the Shia Caliphate called the Islamic Republic of Iran

the Saudi Kingdom is dis-satisified with a Iran out there that overshadows Arabia being the predominant Regional Power in the ME+EurAsian area

the Saudis are tired of being the puppet to the USA, with the petrodollar & the Arms releases...the fraud that the USA used to steal Saudi Gold, etc. etc.

so the Saudi Kingdom is creating a Sunni Caliphate via ISIS=ISIL with a Ghenghis Kahn figure installed as the Caliph which intends to Balkinize Iraq into the Sunni Caliphate, Shia eastern sector of old Iraq, and Kurdistan in the NW.

that Islamic State will be the proxy militants to contend against the Shia Iran (Caliphate) and the IS will help rid the Saudi population of It's demographically superior Shia underclass population (when asked to help quell disturbances in the Kingdom)

the USA might just ally itself with the Iran-Syria-Iraq+Russian alliance against the Saudi led axis which most likely already has the Islamic Bomb, courtesy of Pakinstan...

the chessboard is just progressing and is not yet in the climax/check-mate stage just yet
we are just seeing Arabia shedding the untrustworthy USA and creating their vision of a counter to the Iran Regional Power

top topics

join