It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility Crystals: More Than Mere Fantasy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Everyone has wished at one time or another that they could be invisible.
I know I have, especially when I was a young child.
I would imagine all kinds of things I could do, if only no one could see me!

This makes me question the large creature I saw in the woods that was transparent back in my younger days. I wonder if this is how that creature achieved being invisible, except for his outline?

Is this how the big boys on the hill are shielding those new secret planes from us that we can hear, but can't see?!

Is this what the ETs use to make their craft disappear in the blink of an eye?

Just imagine all the possibilities we could pursue, having this knowledge!

Oh, but you don't have to think too hard. I'm sure it will be used to promote war... like everything else "they" get their hands on.
They probably already are!

Since the age of antiquity, many of us have had our minds fascinated by the Dream of Invisibility. Our imaginations have often marvelled about this otherwordly potential, and the endowment of all possibilities that may be attained through use of its extraordinary magic. In the recent past, there has been new surprises in the fields of science furthering our skills to tap into the wonders of this mystical power.

Long has it been thought among many researchers, that this ability may only be employed through the utilization of artificially designed metamaterials. However, researchers within the lab of Birmingham University have shown that this is not always the case. It has now been demonstrated that organic crystalline matter can remarkably activate this abilty, and to a significantly great extent.

So far, synthetic components have but served to yield results in rendering objects obscured only at certain wavelengths of light. This merely reduces their visibility, but does not create full transparency. As it turns out, Natural Calcite Crystals have succeeded in refracting light in such a way that it can make objects appear to vanish completely.

Calcite, (though one of the most abundant minerals on earth,) has a very unique quality. Scientists call this trait “Birefringence.” This is a rare attribute that causes the calcite crystal to interact exceptionally different in the presence of light, unlike most other minerals. These birefringrent properties hold key to a special process of double-refraction, restructuring the impression of light energy that radiates through the crystal. This is an important phenomenon that helps to initiate the invisibility effect that has been achieved within the labs of Birmingham University.

thespiritscience.net...

edit on 7/3/2014 by sled735 because: Take caps off title

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Howdy,
Uh... Don't mean to be rude, but I'm taking slight issue with that source you're quoting. Most minerals display and have birefringence. Isotropic minerals don't, but yeah... Basically, birefringence is the measurement of the differences between refractive indices of a crystal. In simpler terms, it is a measurement of the difference between the way a light ray propagates through the axes of the crystal. I think what the source is discussing is double refraction (which is noted, but incorrectly described...), which is a result of calcite's high birefringence.

Edit: Yes, I read the entirety of the quote, just wanted to clarify.
edit on 3-7-2014 by hydeman11 because: above edit

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation and thanks for all the stuff I've read about it... because the "flied lice" just would cut it, solly...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I wish these research would stop picking up ordinary household objects like novelty crystal paperweights or thermos flasks or even putting diamonds in water, putting them on a turntable and saying "look, I've made objects disappear from heat or light".

And they get paid to do that

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

The technique demonstrated in the video is not of a staggering level of effectiveness, certainly not when compared to the level of hype in the article you quoted.

The fact is that in order to be made use of, an invisibility cloak would have to produce the cloaking effect from all angles, in all light conditions, without telltale distortion at its outer edges, or at least, with much less of it than any known system can create at this point in time. It would also have to be able to maintain that effect while the object it hides is on the move, for example if used for personal concealment, or the concealment of a ground based vehicle, or an aircraft. Sea going vessels might be a bit more of an issue, since the water they displace would be a dead giveaway as to the presence of a vessel and its location.

Ideally, to have maximum impact, the effect should be able to be turned on and off also. This is because in the scenarios which would most require its use, those being primarily military utilisations, the tactic of terrifying the enemy by appearing to materialise and dematerialise at will during combat, would serve as a hell of a distraction, making ones enemies easier to flank, and more prone to error due to absolute terror.

Also, a cloaking system should be capable of masking ones thermal signature as well. None of the things I have mentioned above, are possible with any of the widely known systems being developed at the moment, although there has been much speculation that governments may have access to such technology, that they simply have not shared with the people. My feeling on that point, is that many elite combat units have such staggering ability to conceal themselves using traditional methods, that for them, the creation of a combat ready personal cloaking system would be surplus to requirement, and so I doubt that such systems have been developed, as would be effective by my stated measures above.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think these doods
beat'em to it

top topics

join