It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails *do* influence the weather, here is proof by NASA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Let me first straight-out say I am not believing into "chemtrails" whatsoever but I just found something astonishing which I really didn't know:

Check

www.nasa.gov...

This result shows the increased cirrus coverage, attributable to air traffic, could account for nearly all of the warming observed over the United States for nearly 20 years starting in 1975

The other astonishing thing is that I was proven wrong with my assumption contrails would not even show up on satellite imagery.

This enhanced infrared image from NASA's Terra satellite shows a widespread outbreak of contrails over the southeastern United States during the morning of January 29, 2004.

Obviously they do as the above image shows. There is some massive cloud coverage going on caused by contrails so the idea that those affect the weather significantly is not far off.
edit on 7/3/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A quote from beneath one of the caption images pretty well sums it up, I'd say.

Above Image: These images from the NOAA-17 satellite taken during the morning of March 20, 2004, show how a contrail outbreak can appear to be regular cloud cover. The image on the left is a standard infrared satellite image, while that on the right uses two infrared wavelengths to reveal contrails. Many of the contrails appear to be from planes either coming from or going to central and southern California. Other contrails are due to aircraft on southeast-northwest tracks into Seattle and Portland. The contrails and resulting cirrus clouds are blown eastward by winds during the day.
(Op Link)

S/F and thanks for sharing the find!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
SnF OP that's a very interesting find right there. I have never really bought into the chemtrail thing personally - but I HAVE always been saying that without a doubt these planes are cloud seeding, whether deliberately or otherwise. I cannot even count the number of days I have woken up to clear skies, by 10 am the planes and contrails are everywhere, and by 2 pm the entire sky is cirrus cloud coverage.

You can literally watch the contrails spreading and combing until they blanket the entire sky. I certainly think it is reasonable to assume they are probably affecting the weather and the temperature to an extent. I cannot help myself wondering if some days they purposely try to cover entire areas with these cirrus clouds, for whatever reasons they may have.
- I wonder this because some days the contrails look so much like a grid (easier for the trails to spread + combine) and it really makes one wonder..

edit on 3-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Interesting, we all know contrails exist. The evidence of them causing cirrus clouds is something to look into for sure. The effect of cirrus clouds can work both ways, here is a study on them cirrus clouds start reading the paragraph above the pic and on for those specifics

Star and flag to come back to this later!
edit on 3-7-2014 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was trying to remember that last pure blue sky I have seen. You know that super deep and vibrant blue? It must have been years. Every day there is a haze below the clouds. Every day.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Oh I remember.

9-12-2001.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Not unlike crystal seeding...

Clouds are after all are ice crystals.
edit on 4-7-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Except that it's not cloud seeding.

Cloud seeding is seeding existing clouds, you can't wake up to clear skies and have cloud seeding.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I was trying to remember that last pure blue sky I have seen. You know that super deep and vibrant blue? It must have been years. Every day there is a haze below the clouds. Every day.

Any blue in particular?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

It's been known about for a while and the problem is only going to get worse as air travel continues

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I cannot help myself wondering if some days they purposely try to cover entire areas with these cirrus clouds, for whatever reasons they may have.

Reason: People have to fly to other destinations.

I wonder this because some days the contrails look so much like a grid (easier for the trails to spread + combine) and it really makes one wonder..

What is there to wonder about...Planes fly N/S/E/W, so eventually you will have to intersect at some point hence the grid pattern.

But here is a little video to help explain it easier.

And here is a little bit more for you to read and enjoy.

contrailscience.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Every day there is a haze below the clouds. Every day.

Here maybe this will help...

contrailscience.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Oh I remember.

9-12-2001.

Funny because mine was 7/3/2014.

Maybe you need to get out more, or find a cleaner area to live in.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Well, contrails, like other cirrus, are usually ABOVE pretty much all other clouds, so they are not to blame for low-level haze.

But yes, it is well known that contrails can cause cirrus formation. This has been a part of weather textbooks since at least the 1950s.

That does not mean that they are "chemtrails", or are being used to poison us or alter the weather deliberately

It's just a side effect of jet travel, like exhaust fumes from your car or other fumes after you eat a three-bean taco.

You might want to follow my thread where I am attempting to forecast which days will have persistent contrails overhead and which ones won't.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
"This result shows the increased cirrus coverage, attributable to air traffic, could account for nearly all of the warming observed over the United States for nearly 20 years starting in 1975"

Hm...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There was actually a study here from Science Daily that proved the air temperature did increase from lack of contrails in the sky on the days of September 11-14, 2001. Those were the days following the immediate grounding of all flights in the CONUS. There were no contrails to reflect or refract the sunlight and I believe there was a proven +3 degree increase in temperature across a few bigger cities.

Which is somewhat alarming and yet not surprising. Because of our "necessary" lifestyles that require air transportation, we are changing the way our specific country gets direct sunlight. So in essence, we are cooling the nation with all these airplane contrails above us.

Good or bad is up to the reader....

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
There was actually a study here from Science Daily that proved the air temperature did increase from lack of contrails in the sky on the days of September 11-14, 2001. Those were the days following the immediate grounding of all flights in the CONUS. There were no contrails to reflect or refract the sunlight and I believe there was a proven +3 degree increase in temperature across a few bigger cities.

Which is somewhat alarming and yet not surprising. Because of our "necessary" lifestyles that require air transportation, we are changing the way our specific country gets direct sunlight. So in essence, we are cooling the nation with all these airplane contrails above us.

Good or bad is up to the reader....

The difference was in the diurnal range really. Slightly warmer during the day but slightly colder at night. In essence we are warming the planet slightly with all these airplane contrails above us as the warmer outweighs the cooler a little.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok

I think you need to read that article more carefully.

It wasn't a 3 degree increase in temperature. It was a 3 degree increase in diurnal range of temperature.

That is, the difference between the daytime high and the overnight low got 3 degrees wider.

The absolute highs and lows don't seem to be mentioned, but over a 3-day period that would not be statistically significant as it would depend on the prevailing weather at the time.

However, most sources agree that contrails while reduce the diurnal range, they INCREASE the overall average temperature, because the nights are kept warmer to a larger degree than the days are made cooler. That is the opposite of what you are claiming.
edit on 4-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

The change in the temperature difference was plus 1.1 degree Celsius, equal to plus 2 degrees Fahrenheit, above the 30-year long-term mean diurnal temperature range. The researchers compared the temperature ranges on these three days to those of the three days directly before Sept. 11 and the three days after Sept. 14, finding that the days before and after were similar, but that the three days in question differed by 1.8 degrees Celsius or 3.2 degrees Fahrenheit.

As I understand it, and from the article I read....there was an increase in temperature for those three days compared to the average daily (diurnal) temperature. So they averaged it from the three days before and three days after the time period and saw an increase.

What did I miss?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just further proof of the existence of chemtrails.

It is wise to ignore anything from the contrail science site. It is an unscientific site created by an admitted hobbyist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join