It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arab Spring Just Got Serious Again - Kuwait Is Burning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Smooth transition of Power my buttocks. If anything, the Saudi's will be called in just like in Bahrain and the issue will be over in a jiffy, bloodshed or not.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The OP isn't about the U.S. or oil so, getting back on topic, I don't think this is the prelude to an Arab Spring event in Kuwait. It's a demonstration by the citizens about corruption in their government. Kuwait is not like Egypt which has a lot of poor people with no jobs or prospects. Personally, I hope this just exposes some bad guys that get tossed out and life continues on.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Thanks for getting this thread back on topic. You may be right, and if it does begin to spiral out of control, it will likely be met with a very heavy hand like in Bahrain. Corruption in the ME...no...you don't say!? What a mess that region is. I do find the pics somewhat comical in regards to shooting rifles from step ladders wearing a whatever it is, looks like a white dress....prob more comfortable than a suit...but comical in a riot-zone.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everything heating up so fast again, rebels seizing cities and towns in Iraq, increase insurgency in the other ares, Syria a mess and now Kuwait... all starting like by command. Makes you wonder how come no one saw that coming. Actions of this scale require time and preparation and it impossible for the intelligence community not to get a scent of what's going on. Was Ukraine a perfect distraction and diversion?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Came across this article. Apparently they are planning more and larger protests. Seems to be a frequent thing there over the late few years. Also it seems as though political polarity is creating more and mor friction there.Kuwait cracks down on protests

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Came across this article. Apparently they are planning more and larger protests. Seems to be a frequent thing there over the last few years. Also it seems as though political polarity is creating more and more friction there.Kuwait cracks down on protests

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Things are heating up in Kuwait from what I have read there have been major protests back in 2011 and 2012.This corruption investigation has strengthen the activists cause expect to see some major clashes here.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They marched on Sunday like they said they would and it was again met by force. I doubt this is going to lead to an uprising, but then again I can't accurately predict the future.

Kuwait Protesters Arrested, Police Use Tear Gas

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join