It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many threads about Gay people?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

We are often told to count sheep when we want to fall asleep, but the natural tendencies of rams actually might keep scientists up at night. Domestic rams are statistically among the most extensively gay mammals in existence. Scientific studies have shown that up to an incredible eight percent of male sheep may form exclusively male-to-male pair bonds, forsaking all contact with the female ewes.These same sex couples do not mate, but they act as a couple in every other way throughout their lives. The homosexual herds stand out as an example of diverse relationship status among animals—but of course, they’re less than popular among farmers, who seek to breed as many sheep as possible.

Simply stating it is a lie and posting quotes does not a fact make.

As stated in earlier posts, homosexuality in nature normally comes into play when population densities reach trigger levels. Very seldom do you see, in nature, levels reach such densities. Most often predation, disease or food supply act as sufficiently effective population limiters as to prevent such behavior from arising.

Just because you want something to be false will not make it so.

There is a simple experiment that YOU can run and satisfy your curiosity, if you wish to observe truth. If you are just pounding the agenda drum, then dont bother.

Buy a small aquarium...one that is about 1x2 feet. You can go larger if you wish, but it is not necessary. Prepare the bottom to make it easy to keep clean. Place a few mice inside, making sure to keep a balance of males and females. Provide enough food so that none go without. Mark each mouse with a unique identifier so that you can keep track of sex and age.

Then sit back and watch what happens as population density increases.

edit on 9-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The most curious aspect of all this is mechanics of how homosexuality is passed on and why it continues to exist.

If one believes evolution is in effect, and I cannot see how it could not be...one must ask the question of why a behavior that lends itself to preventing procreation or even reducing, how it has not been selectively eliminated from the pool. A basic tenet of evolution is that natural selection weeds out anti-survival traits. It seems rather clear that homosexuality is a trait that does not lend itself to survival in the sense of passing on one's genes.

And yet...obviously the trait continues.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

We are often told to count sheep when we want to fall asleep, but the natural tendencies of rams actually might keep scientists up at night. Domestic rams are statistically among the most extensively gay mammals in existence. Scientific studies have shown that up to an incredible eight percent of male sheep may form exclusively male-to-male pair bonds, forsaking all contact with the female ewes.These same sex couples do not mate, but they act as a couple in every other way throughout their lives. The homosexual herds stand out as an example of diverse relationship status among animals—but of course, they’re less than popular among farmers, who seek to breed as many sheep as possible.

As stated in earlier posts, homosexuality in nature normally comes into play when population densities reach trigger levels. Very seldom do you see, in nature, levels reach such densities. Most often predation, disease or food supply act as sufficiently effective population limiters as to prevent such behavior from arising.

There is a simple experiment that YOU can run and satisfy your curiosity, if you wish to observe truth. If you are just pounding the agenda drum, then dont bother.

Buy a small aquarium...one that is about 1x2 feet. You can go larger if you wish, but it is not necessary. Prepare the bottom to make it easy to keep clean. Place a few mice inside, making sure to keep a balance of males and females. Provide enough food so that none go without. Mark each mouse with a unique identifier so that you can keep track of sex and age.

Then sit back and watch what happens as population density increases.

I don't think it is accurate to assume that all homosexual creatures are that way in order to help keep populations down. We don't know for sure, it could be that yes in some cases like the mice & the fish, that it can be "triggered" so to speak but I don't think you could accurately do the same test with all other animals that exhibit homosexual behavior.

Even if so, how do we know for 100% sure that all those are triggered and none that are natural (not for the purpose of a decrease in populations)

I think the reason we are seeing more LGBTQ+ is because of the times. It is more accepted today that is has ever been in human history. When you look at higher density places, people act differently than they do in smaller places. People feel more free to be themselves and not be as restrained when you live in a town where everyone knows you.

My town, case in point, population of 38,000 some odd people & there are 59 churches. It's a very judgmental town & lots of people keep quite about the things they do that goes against religions. There is also a lot of senior citizens in the town so it also makes for people being hush hush about what they do. Everyone pretends to be someone they aren't because if you try to be different than everyone else, you are looked at like you are a lunatic & should be shot. People start talking behind your back and heck if I didn't know better I would swear I lived in some small podunk hick town.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

But being Homosexual doesn't prevent Reproduction, we still have all the Abilities to Reproduce....

even if the word was only Gay Men and Women we could still reproduce

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I'm a little confused... I didn't post any quotes let alone the one regarding Rams you attribute to me.

What I did post was a link to an article and video about Bonobos who are well documented in regards to their matriarchal society, lesbian relationships and high degree of sexual promiscuity and how it affected their social standing.

Except in this instance because I'm referring to Bonobos and how they utilize lesbian relationships for both pleasure and a form of social hierarchy. The more lesbian sex they have, the higher their social status. Additionally, Bonobos are an endangered species, this has nothing at all to do with controlling population density, its primarily about pleasure.

Conversely, the opposite is also true. More so in the example I am making if I may be so bold as to say.

I've got no agenda other than treating people the way I would like to be treated with no regard to who they share their bed with.

As far as "observing truth" , as part of my Anthropology studies, Bonobos were a part of the curriculum my 2nd year in a course that compared human societies and cultures with those of some of our closest living relatives. As you can imagine, lesbian apes were a big hit with a class of mostly 19 and 20 year olds.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: mwood

Does that make you feel better? and if i agree with you than what?

Question: people who wear crosses or religious Clothing or have Religions Tattoos are you okay with that because they are using their "Freedom of religion and speech"?

is it safe to say that anyone who says "God bless" is considered an attention seeking whore who doesn't deserve to be treated like a fellow person?

i mean, get your life gurl and think what you want, i just wish people wouldn't say ignorant statements

Why is it ignorant? Just because you don't share my opinion it's ignorant. You pretty much proved my point.

Does what make me feel better? It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, don't know you and don't care.

I don't care if people wear religious clothing or have tattoo's any more than I care if you wear a gay pride T shirt or have a gay tattoo....(whatever that is)
If you are wearing assless chaps and nothing else marching down main street being indecent then I have an issue. It's not about being gay it's about being decent and respectful.

If someone says "god bless" I have no issue even though I am not a believer, but if they follow me around preaching to me about god trying to convert me then I have an issue.

"i mean, get your life gurl and think what you want, i just wish people wouldn't say ignorant statements"

I don't even know what to say to that....either your English is not good or your just illiterate, it makes no sense.???

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Revelations29

Sigh, okay, get your life gurl...

i can provide links about research that disputes everything you have said, but you wont change because you don't want to.. and that is your right... and who is brainwashed?

Why does he have to change? Why is his opinion any less valid than someone who is gay?

You have one person who believes being gay is wrong and UN-natural,

And another person who believes being gay is natural and ok.

Why does the hetero sexual person have to change their view and accept the other opinion as being right.

That's what chaps my ass, I have my beliefs and you have yours. I DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE MINE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. I don't care what you do but I don't have to like it or accept it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I posted the quote related to rams. I was responding to the quotes. You do know you can mouse over or click on the link that is part of the above "a reply to" to see what was replied to, right?

Regarding the bonobos, I understand there is something unique going on there. I used the word "normally" regarding when homosexuality shows up in nature. Apparently when raised for food or fur the conditions that rams encounter trigger such behavior. At least that is the theory.

In revisiting your post, I missed that the first line was not yours (homosexuality in nature is a complete lie).

I think, without further going into it that more than likely most of what I replied to was not you, but the post you replied to...my apologies there.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No...it does not prevent reproduction from a strictly biological function aspect.

However homosexual behavior normally does not result in offspring. So, in a way, it does. Having the ability is not quite the same thing as actually reproducing.

Do you deny the premise that homosexuals, whether in the animal kingdom or in human society, reproduce at a FAR lower rate than average?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Nothing that I have presented, has been presented as absolute fact. In fact I have clearly stated in more than one post that there is much we do not know about homosexuality and what causes it.

For instance: When it is clearly an anti-survival trait, how does it persist since given natural selection one would expect such behavior to be selected out over generations.

After all, if a trait leads to lower or the lack of reproduction by the very definition of natural selection and evolution that trait should be selected out...unless it somehow exists outside of natural selection, evolution.

This would also imply that homosexuality is not a genetic trait, but is a social trait.

The only positive trait (in terms of nature, in terms of evolution) would be as a limiting factor for overpopulation. But then one is still stuck with: how does it persist, given that it should be selected out due to the lack of reproduction.

The above points suggests much, proves nothing. There is no solid proof that suggests how homosexuality is passed on as a trait. The suggestion that it is one of nature's methods of limiting overpopulation is nothing more than a hypothesis based on observation and analysis of the available data. That is the scientific method. As yet, there is no other proofs available one way or another. There has not been a gay gene discovered. The gay gene has also not been totally eliminated as a possibility as well. It is possible that a specific combination of genes may result in homosexuality...at this point we know less than than we do not know.

You can say that we see more homosexuality now than before because of the times. However one can also make the case that we see more now simply because human population is greater than ever before. Cities are reaching an ever increasing level of density.

Regarding the social aspects: is it not true that it is more and more difficult to balance privacy and social interactions? There are some indications (the evolution aspect) that suggests that the population density model reflect the lack of privacy and the constantly forced social interactions that result from extremes of population density.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

i can provide links about research that disputes everything you have said, but you wont change because you don't want to.. and that is your right... and who is brainwashed?

Why does he have to change? Why is his opinion any less valid than someone who is gay?

Why does the hetero sexual person have to change their view and accept the other opinion as being right.

That's what chaps my ass, I have my beliefs and you have yours. I DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE MINE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. I don't care what you do but I don't have to like it or accept it.

Darth_Prime was wanting the person to change so that the person is no longer spreading hate & lies. I too wish that that person wasn't spreading hate and lies but they won't because they believe they are right. It would be nice, however, if the person could at least be telling the truth while spreading hate but that kind of goes against his agenda

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

Darth_Prime was wanting the person to change so that the person is no longer spreading hate & lies. I too wish that that person wasn't spreading hate and lies but they won't because they believe they are right. It would be nice, however, if the person could at least be telling the truth while spreading hate but that kind of goes against his agenda

Fair enough.

I just wanted people to realize that everyone don't have to change their beliefs and opinions just because someone else feels they should. Everyone has a right to the beliefs they hold and one side has no more rights than the other.

To quote I believe Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Gay people stay gay, straight people stay straight, don't try to change each other and just agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This isn't really about people agreeing to disagree with each other... Its the way people go about disagreeing with this topic...

IF one thinks being gay is disgusting... Keep it to yourself, don't announce it to the world because you disagree with it...

The only reason most people disagree with it is because a book written millennia ago says "God" doesn't like it... but this same God also disagrees with bratty children, witches, fortune tellers and a boat load of other things... but no one sees anyone calling these people disgusting do they?

IF people disagree with something either keep it to yourself or deal with the backlash from your statements to the world

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

He doesn't have to change, that wasn't my point, my point was why get into a debate where he is throwing around hateful statements that no matter what "Evidence" i could produce wouldn't change anything, i believe you have the right to believe and say what you want, but i wont "Feed It" if that makes sense.

I'm not illiterate, i do use a good amount of "Drag Slang" which would be the best way to describe it

on a daily bases how many men do you see walking around in Assless Chaps compared to females wearing what some may consider "Inappropriate" Clothes?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

Fair enough.

I just wanted people to realize that everyone don't have to change their beliefs and opinions just because someone else feels they should. Everyone has a right to the beliefs they hold and one side has no more rights than the other.

To quote I believe Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Gay people stay gay, straight people stay straight, don't try to change each other and just agree to disagree.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's a whole different ball game to go spreading hate. If you hate someone, keep it to yourself. It's nobody's business.

When you go around spreading hate then don't be surprised when things blow up, unless they are intending it too so they can get their rocks off.

I also don't like liars, people who can't be bothered to look at the facts and instead choose to stay willfully ignorant & try to shove it down people's throats. That there is asking for trouble.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am not sure who originally said it here on ATS, but someone made the comment "I don't believe in gay rights, I believe in human rights"

I really think that is the best way to shut down any LGBT debate. If it is a human right, then has humans, gays should have the same rights. There are no gay rights, straight rights, black whites, white rights, Christian rights, or Muslim rights, there are only human rights.

All humans deserve human rights. Period.

DC

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Yaaaas Gawd!

and thus the "Religious" side of things should not come into play on any "Ruling" of Gay Rights (Human Rights)

Tolerance is not "Forced Acceptance"

tolerance

a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

it is not "Forcing" someone against their "Freedom" merely allowing people to be and live without Hate

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This is why I tend to lean Libertarian in certain aspects. The Libertarian basis is that I can do my thing as long as I do not threaten you or your property and you are free to do your thing as long as you do not threaten me or my property. Personally I believe that should be the basis for our system of laws instead of trying to be a nanny state and tell people how to live. Our govt makes a fine example for it's citizens, no?

Here in Texas, if you want to be foolish enough to ride a motorcycle without a helmet then go for it... You are threatening no one but yourself with your disregard for your own safety.

There is a rather large community of LGBT here. lol I accidentally walked into the Miss Gay USA Pageant here in Dallas a few weeks ago. It was held at Gilleys. I took the wife there for bbq (we had never been there before) and ... well... I was surprised and my wife poked fun at me since I had told her I had a surprise for her.

Was a bit disappointed in the bbq. (sssshhh...the secret is Texas bbq is just not that good, having lived in Tennessee).

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Right, i don't belong to any Political Party... i don't like the Boxes they place you in, if you believe this you are this, but if you don't believe that than you are this party Etc...

but i agree with you about the Nanny State, we as People should all get the same rights and treatments etc. the sad thing is that without certain protections Discrimination will be worse than it is now

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

IF one thinks being gay is disgusting... Keep it to yourself, don't announce it to the world because you disagree with it...

IF people disagree with something either keep it to yourself or deal with the backlash from your statements to the world

Ahh but see here is where the blatant hypocrisy comes out of the homophobic, anti-progress community comes from

I am pan, Darth is gay and we are asked (demanded) to keep to ourselves. Keep our business inside our houses and bedrooms. Ok, unfair but let's go with it a moment

If I have to keep my LGBT pride or "agenda" (see: sparkly parades of pure happiness) inside my bedroom, I demand that all institutions be kept inside.

I lobby to make sure nobody wears a cross outside. People cover up religious tattoos. Conservatives should not be allowed to discuss their own politics near me because they 'harm' me

See it's so hypocritical, but even more hypocritical is that the religious right is allowed to point out the so-called gay agenda and we are supposed to take it like adults and just sit and accept that equality doesn't exist. But if we try and point out the hate and inacuracies and inequalities brought on by the system...well that's just not acceptable and you immediately hear the instant victimization

I ask this over and over and still have yet to here a satisfying answer

How does me sleeping with a guy harm you in ANY way? Give me one concrete way. I am not on the sidewalk with this guy. That I could understand but then it would be a problem of indecency, not just because I am gay. I'd have the same problem if a hetero couple was doing their business in public view.

But I ask again...name me ONE way that marriage equality or homosexual acts inside the home harm you (I mean you as as a general term)

Let's look at the answers I usually get

It's against the Lord - Ok...well then why don't you do what the bible tells you and let God sort me out. If I am going to hell because I had sex with a guy, then that is on ME...not you. But therein lies the problem, some of the religious right feel it's ok to use this book to make themselves the judge

It's ruining the institution of marriage - Marriage does not equate to a religious institution only. And once again, feel free to live your pious and perfect life casting stones. If your institution is so shaky that a guy marrying another guy makes you quake at night, then you really need to look in the collective mirror and clean your own house before complaining about the dirt on my floor

They throw it in our face - Oh you mean aiming for equality and to be treated like human beings? That's throwing things in your face? Ok fine...we'll stop doing that the day you close the WBC and stop posting billboards and pamphlets on Jesus the savior...because I gotta say that get's thrown in my face a heck of a lot more than LGBT rights. Street preachers should be illegal...it 'harms' me

No you just want to be a martyr...live for yourself, live for others. If you truly don't want people to practice homosexuality that's fine. I adore freedom of speech and thought...but why not "stand up and be the better man" if that is truly your belief of the world

I believe the reality is that people have to feel superior. Therefore, in that superiority, their word must be right regardless of its origins. It's laughable to me that people are so shaky that they can't handle another couple being in love just because they are the same sex or trans. Yet they always say keep it to ourselves...meanwhile public media condemns us

but that's ok because it fits their agenda

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join