It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many threads about Gay people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Ah, yes, but you clearly stated you got a kick out of it.

My statement stands as posted, no apologies from me. I see so much small-mindedness and bigotry of a different nature from progressive (or those who claim to be) that it really makes me wanna puke. The bigotry clearly exists on both sides. The main difference I see is at least one form of bigotry does not involve hypocrisy and self delusion.

While I may not share their level of belief, I refuse to belittle them in any way. I actually respect many of the christians I have known who were steadfast and strong in their beliefs. Those who truly live in a Christ-like manner. See, you do not hear from those...they live a quiet life of reverence. I have issues with phony tele marketers...err preachers who are .. meh...subject of another thread.

Then you have those who in their zealous desire to, perhaps, reach that level but are unprepared intellectually or educationally and open mouth and insert foot.

Who is the more reprehensible? The person who lacks the tools to espouse a belief system he partakes in, or the person who, in a hypocritical manner, belittles those who espouse their belief system?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

No problem,I wasnt looking for any apology or alteration of your statement. you can believe im whatever type of hypocritical monster you feel apropriate. thats your right. You can call it whatever you like but its not belittling people to address errors of fact and logic and address it with the appropriate facts. Though I did find it rather ironic that you call me out and then proceeded to mock and belittle me in your first reply to me. I guess were all hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Point taken...

And only you can know your true motivation. Others can merely speculate. It doesn't help that you enjoy it lol

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I agree with the sentiment and fully admit the childishness of my reaction. One thing that a lot of us forget is that sometimes text doesn't give the real impression of what you're trying to express compared to verbal cues and they've yet to add a sarcasm emoticon. At the end of the day though my only motivation here is to learn and share my knowledge about subjects which I am passionate about and I do so fully aware that im not always making friends and that Im going to end up with someone giving me back as good as I gave. Sometimes when we believe very strongly about things rationale and logic go out the window and it becomes a purely emotional response. Anyway... Hope you had an enjoyable holiday today and maybe next time we will be on the same side of the discussion lol

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

*tip o' the hat*

Aye! I do have a few (as most do) pet peeves. One of those is the bigotry of the left... who repeatedly fail to see the bigoted nature of their remarks when they talk about christians and/or the right. Making wide sweeping statements painting any group with the same brush, same color (so to speak) is pretty much equivalent to any racist remark regarding blacks, for example.

Not all conservatives (in fact, not even a majority) are racists. Nor are Christians. Not all Christians, nor conservatives are anti-gay. To paint them as such is not only disingenuous and a form of bigotry, but when it comes from a "progressive" (who are supposedly open-minded, tolerant and...(I really question this one) more intelligent) smacks of hypocrisy in the extreme. I find that many progressives are not open-minded, not tolerant and quite often just as ignorant as their political opposites.

Regarding racism...I see that monster rearing it's head more often on the so-called liberal side than conservative. It's just that due to perceptions and the media the racism of the right gets more press, whereas the racism of the left gets no publicity whatsoever. Everybody knows the left cannot be racists...right?

edit on 4-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Homosexuality is in Interesting issue for me.

For one thing I believe to each his own.

But then your seeing teenagers getting sex changes and thinking their a different gender.

I'm not completely sure, but the whole "Transgender" abomination maybe a result from living in excess, where homosexuality is created as well.

Not too many trans gender people or kids that are gender confused in Palestine right now or some other poor #hole. They're more concerned about seeing the sun rise.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29
Homosexuality is in Interesting issue for me.

For one thing I believe to each his own.

But then your seeing teenagers getting sex changes and thinking their a different gender.

I'm not completely sure, but the whole "Transgender" abomination maybe a result from living in excess, where homosexuality is created as well.

Not too many trans gender people or kids that are gender confused in Palestine right now or some other poor #hole. They're more concerned about seeing the sun rise.

Wow you are ignorant or you choose to remain ignorant, which is worse.

The reason why you think there are no transgendered people in Palestine or some other poor sh**hole is because of people like you who think it is an abomination. In other countries like Palestine, Jamaica, Africa, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan....hell pretty much any place that isn't North America, you are beat, raped & murdered and it is acceptable for that to happen to you, let alone have access to the surgery.

There is nothing wrong with being any member of the LGBTQ+ community. Transgender people are humans just like everyone else and GOD made them that way, just like everyone else. They are NOT an abomination!!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being GLBT or Straight, if the GLBT youth didn't get treated like it was an abomination or it was wrong pr perverse or "Different" they would have an easier time.

people assume their Child is Straight from birth or the majority does at least, now we have to "Come out" or live a lie the rest of our lives

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Sorry for not replying to anyone's comments, I've been travelling for the last two days in Bonnie Scotland. Some great comments from most members and great to see 99% of the comments were not homophobic for a change.

Seems to me that times are changing for the better where most people now agree that the LGBT community should be treated equally to heterosexuals. After all we pay taxes just like everyone else, all contribute to our local communities.

Unfortunately and as already mentioned in this thread by another member, as soon as LGBT community do have equal rights, some other poor minority group will be in the crosshairs.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Sorry for not replying to anyone's comments, I've been travelling for the last two days in Bonnie Scotland. Some great comments from most members and great to see 99% of the comments were not homophobic for a change.

Seems to me that times are changing for the better where most people now agree that the LGBT community should be treated equally to heterosexuals. After all we pay taxes just like everyone else, all contribute to our local communities.

Unfortunately and as already mentioned in this thread by another member, as soon as LGBT community do have equal rights, some other poor minority group will be in the crosshairs.

Yupp & it's already happening. Muslims are the next target and after that, who knows....whatever the gov & MSM tell us. Too many people jump on the bandwagon of hate and not enough people see it for what it is, a diversion.

We need to unite together & make changes happen. What is stronger, a stick or a bundle?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

The only purpose to life is to procreate. That's the natural order of things. 2 people of the same sex can't obliviously create life.

Homosexuality, Transgendersim, it's all the celebration of hedonism and the worship of apathy. There is no point to homosexuality other then pleasure.

I wouldn't be surprised if most gays or transgenders suffered from child abuse.

It is an abomination. It is unnatural. It serves no purpose. It is disgusting and vial.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revelations29

Says who? so many people preach to "Free your mind" and don't let "Them" control you, yet those same people only quote things that fit their "Agenda"

who says the only reason we are here is to procreate? what about Women born barren? are they Abominations? and unnatural? if so why were they "Allowed" to be born? or "Created" however you think? unlike a Barren Female us Gays still have the Ability to Procreate

the point of homosexuality is the same as Heterosexuality except it's with the Same Sex

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The only purpose to life is to procreate. That's the natural order of things. 2 people of the same sex can't obliviously create life.

Homosexuality, Transgendersim, it's all the celebration of hedonism and the worship of apathy. There is no point to homosexuality other then pleasure.

It is an abomination. It is unnatural. It serves no purpose. It is disgusting and vial.

BJ Barone and Frankie Nelson recently became dads to a beautiful baby named Milo, and Canadian photographer Lindsay Foster captured the first time they held their newborn son.

Heartstrings of people all over the world were tugged by these amazing, intimate moments, and the photos have since become viral.

Baby Milo was born on June 27. A surrogate mother who wasn’t related to either Barone or Nelson and who didn’t use her own eggs delivered the baby, and was “very happy to have given this gift.”

Barone, Nelson, the surrogate’s husband and two midwives accompanied the surrogate in the delivery room. The labor lasted for many hours.

The Photos Of This Gay Couple Holding Their Newborn Baby Are Incredible

That's just one example of homosexuals having children. Many have children so they are creating life just like heterosexual couples.

Transgender Parents' Miracle Baby Born; How Did it Happen?

Well, this tale is a little difficult to tell. Here, Mommy was daddy first, and Daddy was mommy.

To begin with, Cai, the father was born a girl. And Emily the mother was born a boy.

They grew up feeling absolutely opposite of what they were "supposed" to feel. Cai was always masculine, whereas, Emily always felt extremely feminine.

It was love at first sight, and it was not long before they were married. Within three weeks of their meeting, Cai was essentially living in Emily's apartment. Within nine months of their relationship, Dante, their son, was born. Dante was a medical impossibility, because Emily cannot have children.

It was Cai who gave birth to Dante. Cai was all over the news a few months back when he was pregnant with Dante. Ask Cai how he feels about giving birth to Dante, he says he feels like a dad still.

Cai and Emily share their experience as to how they felt about their bodies as kids, when they realized that they were transgender, and shared much more in a detailed interview with Tara Brown of ninemsn.

Dante is now 22 months old.

This is just one example of Transgendered having children. They may not all have children this way but they can. If not they can adopt one of millions if not billions of children who need adoption all over the world.

What about heterosexual women who are born barren? Are they abominations because they are incapable of creating life? Should they not exist because "the only thing to life is to create life"?

When most countries don't tolerate homosexuality or transgender people, dang rights they are going to be beat when they are children, heck sometimes it happens in North America too. There are a lot of intolerant people who are sick & twisted like you who would harm children just because you think they were created differently but GOD CREATED them that way & not to be any less human than anyone else on this planet. Hell some of them are more humane than you. However, it doesn't just stop once they get older, they will continue to have horrible things done to them, lesbians can be raped by men, LGBTQ+ being beaten and of course being murdered.

If you think that is their justice than you are sick & going to hell by your own religious convictions. You're just too zealous to realize it.

Hedonism: is a school of thought that argues that pleasure is the only intrinsic good.[1] In very simple terms, a hedonist strives to maximize net pleasure (pleasure minus pain)

Hahahaha, wow you really know nothing. Hedonism isn't a defining characteristic of a LGBTQ+ because not all of them are, just like it's not a defining characteristic of heterosexuals because some of them are like that not but not all of them. Any human, heterosexual or not, can "celebrate" hedonism.

Apathy (also called perfunctoriness) is most commonly defined as a lack of feeling, emotion, interest, or concern. It is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation, and/or passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, spiritual, philosophical and/or physical life and the world.[i/]

Again, you know nothing. Most LGBTQ+ have feelings, emotions, interests & concerns just like most heterosexuals. Only some HUMANS "worship" apathy, it's not just something only LGBTQ+ people have.

I am bi sexual and I have lots of feelings & emotions. I have tons of interests, one of them to be a counselor in order to help at risk youth. Being a teenager was hard for me because my younger sister was newly diagnosed with a terminal illness & same with my Mom. I had no one to talk to and was close to committing suicide on more than one occasion but came to my senses last minute each time. Back then I had no idea I was bisexual but I had always been from birth and because GOD MADE me that way & intentionally.

I am in counseling at the moment because my parents were both addicts, one an alcoholic (now 4yrs sober) and the other a gambler & because of the health issues of my younger sister & my Mom and all the crazy things that have happened due to all that. That's not something an apathetic person would be doing.

I am a spiritual person, there is a higher being that created me, exactly how I am and not by accident. I have beliefs, karma exists, I've witnessed it in action. People who are bad, get what's coming to them. That's why I always try to do good, plus helping someone is one of the best feelings in the world, better then any orgasm ((and I've had some amazing orgasms))

I was raised to do good & I went to Presbyterian church and was baptized into that faith by my own choosing. I had to stop being a Presbyterian because there were some things I didn't agree with that they did & vice versa. That doesn't mean that I stopped believing in a higher power or stopped doing good deeds and trying not to commit sins.
edit on 7-7-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Then you're really missing out on a whole lot of what life has to offer if you think procreation is the only purpose. Besides, any moron can procreate and be anadbsentee or dead beat parent, it takes a lot more to know and share love. A drug addicted deadbeat who procreates is not a parent and doesn't know what love means let alone how to create it or share it. An abandoned child adopted by two loving peopleirregardless of their gender gets to grow up in an environment filled with love and encouragement. Who cares if theyre two guys or two women? That seems far more importantthan writing off an entire group of people that im sure the majority of your knowledge is derived 2nd and 3rd hand.

Irony is running rampant considering the only apathy I see is coming from this post. If you're straight Nd you've never diverged into a little hedonism with your partner you're totally missing out and doing it wrong. Seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if most anti gay bigots are child molesters. See how that works? Anyone can say any stupid thing they want and pretend its true without any evidence to support it because it makes them feel better about what a jerk they are. Yup it worked, I feel so much better.

No, the abomination is treating people who are already dealing with some pretty insane if not insurmountable obstacles in their life as if there is something wrong with them. I hope you're ot a Christian cause Jesus goin be mad at youuuuu for being so judgemental.misnt that gods job not yours?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Read this Child Abuse and Homosexuality

Then this

And not to mention gay sex is the leading cause of HIV transmission between young men.

CDC HIV

Look, I'm all for do your own thing as long as it's not effecting other people in a harmful way. But that's exactly what homosexuality is doing. It's spreading HIV, it's completely screwing up the new generations by convincing kids that they were born gay (when this is a hoax and a fallacy, no one is born gay) and not to mention you have teenagers having sex changes and thinking they're opposite genders!

Everything is completely going wrong! Teenagers thinking there a woman when they were born a man. Wake the # up already! This only happens in a depraved culture that lives in excess.

Homosexuality is a mental illness and it should be treated as such. (with care and help)

Another thing, no Religion, Civilization or Generation inside the Human race has ever in 8,000 years in recorded history ever had anything close to homosexual marriages! EVER!

The whole thing is a giant hoax and fraud.

It just shows you how easily brainwashed people are, even people on a "conspiracy website".

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

One could easily argue that fundamentalist religion is a mental illness as well...

Personally I would consider that a mental issue before even looking at being gay as illness...

But so many Christians love to spread hate and fear, so do what you love I suppose

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Would you admit you are Bisexual than? seriously, if you are not "Born Gay" but have the ability to have Sex with the same sex thus making you a "Homosexual" than you are Bisexual, so you would willing admit that you are Bisexual and you "Could" have sex with the same sex if you wanted?

i'll tell you what is harmful telling any youth or adult that they are Abnormal, be it Gay straight, black white, religious or not. telling someone they are the cause of "Destruction" and are an abomination, that is harmful.

Discrimination, telling people they are below second class citizen because they are not Straight White Christians, that is harmful, Gays getting beat and murdered.. that is harmful

Who is Brainwashed?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I like how none of you are responding to the links above your post here. And then you proceed to think I am a person of religion.

I am not religious. I'm not atheist, Christian, or any other "label" to make your self feel comfortable.

It's funny, anyone that exposes the Homosexuality hoax for what it really is is always called a fundamentalist Christian.

Homosexuality is a result of mental illness and child abuse. This is fact and and well studied.

And like I said before, in over 8,000 years of written human history, there has been nothing close to homosexual marriages.

The homosexual movement serves one purpose. The destruction of families and the destruction of the US.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Read my links from above.

Homosexuality is a mental illness and is seen in higher cases where the said person was abused when they were a child.

I like how the classic argument is always "your discriminating, spreading hate."

I'm doing the very opposite. Homosexuality is the sole reason why AIDS is running rampant in America. Homosexuality is one of the leading causes of the destruction of families in America. Look at your present generation today, they are completely #ed up.

You have teens thinking their opposite genders, teens getting sex changes. Its absolutely vial and disgusting.

You want to talk about causing harm? Self mutilation and spreading AIDS is pretty high on the causing harm spectrum.

But to each his own right? As long as the kids continue to self mutilate themselves due to propaganda and one of the worst diseases in history is allowed to spread without warrant.

Oh and I almost forgot, Homosexuality and Pedophilia
edit on 8-7-2014 by Revelations29 because: Added Link

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You are spreading hate & that is 100% fact. None of what you say is true, it is all lies but whatever stay willfully ignorant.

AIDS is not caused by Homosexuals

Misconceptions about HIV and AIDS arise from several different sources, from simple ignorance and misunderstandings about scientific knowledge regarding HIV infections and the etiology of AIDS to misinformation propagated by individuals and groups with ideological stances that deny a causative relationship between HIV infection and the development of AIDS.

HIV can infect anybody, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. It is true that anal sex (regardless of the gender of the receptive partner) carries a higher risk of infection than most sex acts, but most penetrative sex acts between any individuals carry some risk. Properly used condoms can reduce this risk.

The term AIDS (for acquired immune deficiency syndrome) was proposed later in 1982[5] by researchers concerned with the accuracy of the disease's name. In this new name, scientists were supported by political figures who realized that the term "gay-related" did not fully encompass the demographics of the disease. On April 23, 1984, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary announced at a press conference that the probable cause of AIDS had been discovered: the retrovirus that was subsequently named human immunodeficiency virus or HIV in 1986.

Misconceptions about AIDS/HIV

Today, it is generally accepted that the origin of AIDS probably lies in Africa. As you said, poor places don't have homosexuals or transgenders so by your logic, the birth place of AIDS has 0 homosexuals & transgenders. That means that it would have been spread by heterosexuals *gasp*

It was not until July at a meeting in Washington, D.C., that the acronym AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) was suggested 9. The CDC used the term for the first time in September 1982, when it reported that an average of one to two cases of AIDS were being diagnosed in the USA every day. 10

In December the CDC reported that three heterosexual haemophiliacs had died after developing PCP and other opportunistic infections. 11 There was nothing to suggest that the patients had acquired AIDS through homosexual contact, or intravenous drug use. What was significant was that all of the patients had received Factor VIII concentrates – a blood transfusion product made by pooling blood from hundreds of donors.
History of HIV & AIDS

Homosexuality is not a mental illness:

Psychology was one of the first disciplines to study homosexuality as a discrete phenomenon. Prior to and throughout most of the 20th century, common standard psychology viewed homosexuality in terms of pathological models as a mental illness. That classification began to be subjected to critical scrutiny in the research, which consistently failed to produce any empirical or scientific basis regarding homosexuality as a disorder or abnormality. As a result of such accumulated research, professionals in medicine, mental health, and the behavioral and social sciences, opposing the classification of homosexuality as a mental disorder, claimed the conclusion that it was inaccurate, and that the DSM classification reflected untested assumptions that were based on once-prevalent social norms and clinical impressions from unrepresentative samples which consisted of patients seeking therapy and individuals whose conduct brought them into the criminal justice system.[1]

Since the 1970s, the consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions globally is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation, while there remain those who maintain that it is a disorder.

In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder. The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives followed in 1975.[3] Thereafter other major mental health organizations followed and it was finally declassified by the World Health Organization in 1990. Consequently, while some still believe homosexuality is a mental disorder, the current research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, reflecting the official positions of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association.

People are born LGBTQ+
Biology and sexual orientation

Results from the first large, comprehensive multi-center genetic linkage study of male sexual orientation were reported by an independent group of researchers at the American Society of Human Genetics in 2012.[18] The study population included 409 independent pairs of gay brothers, who were analyzed with over 300,000 single-nucleotide polymorphism markers. The data strongly replicated Hamerʻs Xq28 findings as determined by both two-point and multipoint (MERLIN) LOD score mapping. Significant linkage was also detected in the pericentromeric region of chromosome 8, overlapping with one of the regions detected in the Hamer labʻs previous genomewide study. The authors concluded that "our findings, taken in context with previous work, suggest that genetic variation in each of these regions contributes to development of the important psychological trait of male sexual orientation."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join