It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia deploys 30,000 soldiers to border with Iraq: al-Arabiya TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia deployed 30,000 soldiers to its border with Iraq after Iraqi soldiers abandoned the area, Saudi-owned al-Arabiya television said on Thursday, but Baghdad denied this and said the frontier remained under its full control.

The world's top oil exporter, Saudi Arabia shares an 800-km (500-mile) border with Iraq, where Islamic State insurgents and other Sunni Muslim militant groups seized towns and cities in a lightning advance last month

news.yahoo.com...

King Abdullah has ordered all necessary measures to protect the kingdom against potential "terrorist threats", state news agency SPA reported on Thursday

Wait WHAT ?

WHAT ?

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a thought House of Saud ?

How about STOP creating them terrorists eh ?

How about stop financing them terrorists eh?

Ya know Mr. 'King' Abdullah?

Sort your snip out. Stop messing up other countries.

The last decade of war was to get US to fight your little 'war' for you.

The First Gulf war was.

The Second Gulf war was.

And those who are paying attention knows your behind the renewed violence in Iraq, You were behind the 'civil' war in Syria.

You and your Sunni Wahhabists.

Wahhabism (Arabic: وهابية‎, Wahhābiyyah) is a modern religious movement in Islam [1][2] variously described as "orthodox", "ultraconservative",[3] "austere", "fundamentalist", "puritanical"[4] (or "puritan"),[5] an Islamic "reform movement" to restore "pure monotheistic worship",[6] or an "extremist pseudo-Sunni movement".[7] It aspires to return to the earliest fundamental Islamic sources of the Quran and Hadith, with inspiration from the teachings of Medieval theologian Ibn Taymiyyah and early jurist Ahmad ibn Hanbal.[8] In July of 2013, European Parliament identified the Wahhabi movement as the source of global terrorism and a threat to traditional and diverse Muslim cultures of the whole world.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

The majority of the world's Wahhabis are from Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia.[

The majority of 'terrorists' are wahhabist's. and those countries above is where they hail from, and get their cash.

'Protect' Saudi' Arabia's borders eh!

That was damn right hilarious.

Since the House of Saud doesn't give a snip about any borders but their own.
edit on 3-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

the 30,ooo man strong 'border guards' are both a public display for the world & a coded signal to the radical-Jihadists of al-Baghdadi...
and the manpower acts a repelling force to keep out the fleeing Shia from Eastern Iraq from seeking refuge in Saudi Arabia & points inland in other Gulf States
plus has the benefit of showing any internal dissent or wannbe Jihadists that the Saudi internal police will quell any anarchy that might arise

I seriously doubt the Loyal 'Islamic State' would make friction with their best benefactors Qatar/Saudi

edit on rd31140442311103312014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Talk about creating a monster you can't control.

How ironic.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Unless of course their funding comes from enemy parties in Saudi who want the King to fall.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Looks like they're putting on a show to make it look like they somehow are against the Sunni "intrusions".

All while they support those intrusions.

I think they will be rounding up the Shi'ites fleeing the herding tactics used by ISIS.

And perhaps this is a "set-up" to "Lure" foreign forces into the battle.

All part of the game IMO.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Saudi's have the right idea fund the Wahhabist's and allow them to go to Iraq and Syria.

After they leave call them terrorists and don't let them come back.

Back that up with 30,000 soldiers ordered to shoot any "terrorists" that try to reenter ''attack" Saudi Arabia.

edit on 3-7-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Unless of course their funding comes from enemy parties in Saudi who want the King to fall.

that's a possibility...
but the Islamic State is reported to have robbed more than one Iraqi central banks of some 500 Billion
on their terror-road-to-Baghdad... so further need of funding is hardly a pressure point for the 'IS' continued loyalty to the insurrectionists hiding in the Kingdom

ANNED...star that post
edit on rd31140442357003392014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Chicken comes home to roost. These medieval religious bigots in Saudi Arabia are the source of all this madness.

They perverted the teachings of Islam and joined with Wahhabi to create the monstrosity of Saudi Arabia

Now they are afraid of the monsters they have created

Reap what you sow

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Two of the west creation, Zionism and Wahhabism.
Both cancers for the world. Both seem in a mission to destroy Judaism and Islam.

ISIS is just an offspring of the house of Saud. I don't see any difference between the two.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

but the Islamic State is reported to have robbed more than one Iraqi central banks of some 500 Billion

But now they have oil.

And two guess's who they sell it too.

Only one guess is needed though.

The group is also believed to be receiving considerable funds from its operations in Eastern Syria, where it has commandeered oil fields and engages in smuggling out raw materials and archaeological artifacts.[105][106] ISIS also generates revenue from producing crude oil and selling electric power in northern Syria. Some of this electricity is reportedly sold back to the Syrian government.[107]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Russia?
China?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Russia?
China?

Saudi Arabia
Qatar
UAE.

Sunni friendly 'allies'.

Russia ?

Nah they back the other side of that sunni coin vis a vis Iran and the Shia sect within Islam.

China ?

China was making $$ pre ISIS Iraq.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Another possible factor. Saudi oil has taken a hit via the booming fracking in the U.S.. Funding-by some faction within the House of Saud- could destabilize Iraqi oil supply and the troops at the Iraqi border ensure their oil remain producing at maximum and enjoying the spike in prices.

Maybe a stretch, but not impossible.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Saudi Arabia is the strictest of all of the Muslim countries? I find it kind of ironic that even they don't want these ISIS people coming into their country

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How many of the 30,000 Saudis Sunnis soldiers WILL cross the boarders to reinforce ISIS I wonder?

Come of we all know the Saudis are the puppet masters and the US to a degree control them

Like davey jones and the kraken

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've said it before I'll say it again...

Next stop for ISIS... Iran, and more Islamic attacks in Muslim regions of Russia and China are on the way

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Next stop for ISIS... Iran, and more Islamic attacks in Muslim regions of Russia and China are on the way

Perhaps.

But I think maybe Damascus first.

The Saudis and Qatar want Syria and Iraq secured for their gas pipeline to Europe.

edit on Jul-03-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Perhaps.

But I think maybe Damascus first.

The Saudis and Qatar want Syria and Iraq secured for their gas pipeline to Europe.

I think by the time Syria is settled and not in Assad & Russia's favour... alternatives and alternative routes maybe available.. But I could be wrong, I certainly don't think, at least not now, that Syria is just about Qatar and a pipeline, it's also about a Islamic Superstate, and I think the west are keen on the idea of supporting it and allowing it to grow thus taking out Iran in the process before stoping the threat, crippling Russia and Chinas economy's while maintaining there own secure sources by being in bed with the Saudi puppet masters

But personally I think ISIS will have more luck in Iraq, and Damascus will come second, with the Russians throwing everything they can at Assad to fight its a tough fight, but on the other side you have the Us in Iraq with nothing on the table other than air cover whose to say they'll intentionally not do a very good job, while the Saudis can throw everything and anything into the hands of ISIS... Directly over the boarder

Motives...

1) The West want to stop China's expansion along with its Far East allies /most of China's neighbours

2) The West/NATO also seeks to contain and cripple Russia's economy further than the Ukraine crisis has allowed reason for,

3)The pipeline was strongly opposed by Russia because they know full well being a resource based economy there economy is done for should the EU snap up cheaper Qatari gas, and they will want it and would rather it from Qatar after Ukraine, hence Putin is arming Assad to massacre his own people etc and doing much of the same in Ukraine,

4) Iran... Iran, iran, need we say anymore

5) the Sunnis want a superstate

edit on 3-7-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I agree mostly.

They are establishing a new Caliphate.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

by this time,,crippling Russia and Chinas economy',, whats to stop Russia from stepping in first,,u know to save the Christian's,, yeah who would have guessed,, thanks, Fatima.
Cause know where on the World Stage has the cry of the Christians being ,heard/recognized,,
anyone know how the Christian Village that had been in the area, for 2000 years,,how they are?

strange times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join