It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic Independence Day Pic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

As has been pointed out, there are several other sources proving this sign does indeed actually exist.

This might seem slightly off topic, but this is a nice lesson that sometimes saying "photoshop", even when pointing out reasonable evidence of such, isn't always correct or proof of a hoax. Sometimes there may be genuine material falsely claimed or deemed as hoaxes... And sometimes being overly skeptical is just as bad as being overly willing to "believe".

Just something to ponder...
edit on 3-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Reason #1764 why it's better to just stay home.

Have family and friends over for a backyard bbq, set off your own fireworks, let the kiddies run around with their sparklers and write their names in the air, enjoy a few bubblies, and play a game of "Who Can Recite The Entire Constitution".

... then once it gets nice and dark, have everyone climb onto your rooftop to sit and watch the big "oooh aaah" display happening in the park that your tax dollars bought and paid for.

Let freedom reign.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Realtruth

That sign needs to be met with a healthy dose of civil disobedience.

In order to remain the land of the free, it must remain the home of the brave.

So the question is: Is America the home of the brave?

Answer that and you have answered Americas destiny.

I'd give you ten stars if I could! You are absolutely right.
This reminds me of a friend of mine who was normally a really laid back, easy to like fellow, but upon hearing that the city of Lexington, Kentucky was going to have as their 4th of July parade theme: The United Nations, he became a raging mad man. He ranted about it to everyone who would listen but the city fathers held firm. When the 4th came and the parade started---there he was---in the middle of the street, holding up the parade and preaching about how the 4th of July was a celebration of AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE that had nothing to do with the United Nations. People along the parade route were cheering him but none had the guts to step out into the street with him. But he wouldn't move until the police came and dragged him away to jail. To me he embodied the concepts of freedom. Sadly, he's no longer with us but lots of folks still remember his actions. We'll light off a few to salute you Gatewood, with fond memories of the man who stood for what he believed.

What an inspiring story, thank you for sharing. It's great that this brave man's righteous actions are remembered.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You know... here in europe (not in civilized europe of course, those mind-controlled zombies do know how to behave) we dont have our 4th of July. And... looking at that sign its turning out to be a good thing because an independence day with police searches and no alcohol... I mean... lol... let alone the other freedom rules.

In the 80s and 90s we'd love to be in the US... today we'd hate to be in the US and we're dying to get out of EU... lol

All that freedom is driving people insane... we're so free we cant contain ourselves lol...

Nah... I'm paving my way to other parts of the world right now where I can be more restrained. I cant deal with so much freedom.

EDIT: I personally like the "notice" part - its freedom all over... "the land of the free" right?
edit on 4-7-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni
Freedoms just another word for nothing left to loose

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
ah the yearly re-posting of the park sign, wasnt this pic last used in a american new years eve/thanksgiving thread in december ?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
yaaay sounds like a great celebration

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
I just found the original source and person that went the extra step.

A man by the name of Tom Wysocki from Ohio tape the 4th amendment to every sign that was posted.

I was sure this was fake until you posted the link. Now I'm angry and feel like scoping out nearby parks. Fortunately, while I saw some signs near me yesterday that warned of traffic delays and a few other normal bits of info about the 4th celebrations, I saw nothing like the sign in Ohio. Thank God!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Our framers should be rolling over in their graves about now, not just because everything they worked for is polar opposite, but also because the apathy, blindness, and ignorance of the people here in the USA.

If a pic is worth a thousand words then this one should speak volumes.

Have a great 4th! And make sure to abide by all the rules. smh

I used to live by a park that had an even LONGER list of rules year round...and the police station/city bbuilding Was on premises so it was constantly patrolled by bike cops...

There list included the above PLUS:

No organized sports or practices
no rc vehicles of any type
No hard ball sports
No pets of any kind
Bikes may only be on the bike path
No Glass of any type

And they will ticket you.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

And that is exactly why the terrorists do what they do and the authorities just don't get it.

Hello!!! anyone in authority listening. The terrorist wants to destroy the way of life they do not believe in. That notice is perfect.....well done, who needs bombs !!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I used to live by a park that had an even LONGER list of rules year round...and the police station/city bbuilding Was on premises so it was constantly patrolled by bike cops...

There list included the above PLUS:

No organized sports or practices
no rc vehicles of any type
No hard ball sports
No pets of any kind
Bikes may only be on the bike path
No Glass of any type

And they will ticket you.

Isn't that special.

Thanks for the validation and sharing with us.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah, there was a spot on the news where some Sheriff came out and was talking how about EVERY KIND of firework was illegal and how it was for our own safety. Being told I have to wear a seatbelt...for my own safety, I have to wear a helmet for my safety, I expect I have to wear a condom for my safety. I mean let people live their lives in a matter where they can freely peruse their own happiness.
I understand the argument about accidental fires, don't think that they don't hold you responsible for that. I find that accidental fires are reserved for people that work for the city/state as it was just 2 or 3 years ago a "controlled burn" was neglected and spread. Good people lost homes/live and the devastation was unimaginable. There were all kinds of laws protecting them. The conspiracy buff in me believes that they want to end that type of celebration, it almost evokes the feelings of our forefathers fighting for the right [we use to] here in the USA. It's probably safe to say children born in the 2000's will have no memory that the previous generations had of the celebrations.
RIP America, Hello Amerika

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That is funny but at the same time looney and somewhat turning into a police state.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

The 4th amendment (along with all the others) cannot be infringed.

As a slight aside; this doesn't actually infringe upon The Fourth Amendment.

The open fields doctrine was first articulated by the U.S. Supreme Court in Hester v. United States,[3] which stated that “the special protection accorded by the Fourth Amendment to the people in their ‘persons, houses, papers, and effects,’ is not extended to the open fields."

en.wikipedia.org...

Parks are considered open fields.

However, I would guess, and I admit its only a guess, that by law police must still have reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed, or is about to be committed, before any search of personal possessions etc would be allowable - at least that's how its supposed to happen here in the UK and as far as I'm aware its the same the other side of the pond.

a reply to: TechniXcality

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to loose

Me and Bobby McGee.

Regardless of all that - I sincerely hope you are all having a great 4th of July in whatever way you all see fit.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Where is that?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The sad thing is those rules are but a few of all the other unpublished ones. And all of them apply everywhere all the time now.

Right to privacy? Gone.

Probable cause? Gone.

Guilty until proven innocent? Enforced.
edit on 4-7-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think some of these are a good idea; most of it could be just an effort to avoid having to clean up after people.

gas-grills/propane tanks + fireworks = boom.
alcohol + fireworks = asking for trouble.
dogs/pets = poop
personal fireworks = inevitable bits of debris left-over for someone to clean up in the morning.

alcohol+ big-public crowd = possibility of something stupid happening during the firework show or afterwards, when everyone is going home.

Independence was declared from Britain because of a lack of representation in parliment; if citizens do not like their local government enforcing these rules, then they should take it up with the local government.
edit on 4-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To all those in The USofA you just dont get it! FREEDOM and CONTROL are like oil and water, they will not mix. What do you expect happens when you preach that control is a virtue, when you create a culture that worships control defined as capitalism, rules by the nature of control are compelled to escalate and freedom is compelled to diminish!
Getting tired of reading posts on ATS where most people continue their habitual indoctrinated behavior to complain and moan rather than ask the reasonable question of 'WHY IS THIS HAPPENING'
I understand it is easier to bitch and moan rather than spend the time it takes to actually try and understand human behavior and engage in in effective change, I guess though this is why ATS hasn't been shut down by the TBTB, yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What a bunch of power hungry scum bags. Number 3 clearly is a violation of the 4th Amendment. Behold, The sheople nation.

~$heopleNation
edit on 4-7-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic
a reply to: Thorneblood

What better way to celebrate our overthrow of British tyranny than... more tyranny?

Freedom is not, nor should it ever be considered, wholly safe. That's the cost, that in order to be free, you accept the realistic view that yes, indeed, bad things can and do happen.

"This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector." -Plato

ENGLISH TYRANNY!!!!
Scotland were getting killed and raped around this time also..By England

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join