It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic Independence Day Pic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Our framers should be rolling over in their graves about now, not just because everything they worked for is polar opposite, but also because the apathy, blindness, and ignorance of the people here in the USA.

If a pic is worth a thousand words then this one should speak volumes.

Have a great 4th! And make sure to abide by all the rules. smh

edit on 3-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
LIBERTY!!!

thx, good post. depressing, but good.
reminds me of a pic I took once of a bald eagle...in a cage in the zoo.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No fireworks bitches...we are watching.

LOL!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Ahh, freedom!

Wait... wuh?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18104956]Realtruth[/pos

Is this a joke sign?? though I wouldn't be surprised if its not, its funny at first but then it gets pathetic and sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
a reply to: [post=18104956]Realtruth[/pos

Is this a joke sign?? though I wouldn't be surprised if its not, its funny at first but then it gets pathetic and sad.

Not a joke at all I'm afraid.

I wish it was.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow... So much freedom we have now. /sarc

#3 makes my stomach turn.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes, enjoy your freedom day. Now here is a list of rules for everyone to follow. Happy independence day!

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The one I find most absurd is #3.

I mean f###ing seriously? Police will search bags and coolers for "reasons of public safety" is it just me or does that just make it seem like we slipped through a wormhole into the "Nazis won WWII" universe?

People should be free to go to the park on INDEPENDENCE day without having to worry about cops searching through their personal belongings.

Que the "if you have nothing to hide" rhetoric.

Seriously though, if I lived in whatever town this abomination of an independence day celebration is being held, I would organize a boycott/protest to show just what I thought about their misconstrued idea of freedom. F### these guys.

edit on Cpm4Thursday1220140131Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:12:01 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Yes, enjoy your freedom day. Now here is a list of rules for everyone to follow. Happy independence day!

What's a matter with you didn't you see the notice at the bottom too.

And PS: Video surveillance too in case people don't follow the rules.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yeah that sucks. Where the hell was that taken, and what ARE people allowed to do there?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Yeah that sucks. Where the hell was that taken, and what ARE people allowed to do there?

Sit quietly?

Annnnd thats about it. I'm very curious as to where this sign is located too.

Off-topic: Nice kit!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

what ARE people allowed to do there?

Walk quietly through the turnstile, hands held rigid at your sides and let the Nice Man scan your chip.

Please enjoy your independence. And remember... Big Brother is watching.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Not exactly sure a friend shared it on FB about an hour ago, so it could be anywhere in the USA.

All the rules ring true though.

All I can think about when I read that sign is all the A-holes in D.C. making up more laws and rules everyday. smh

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Pretty much, sheesh. With the Op's permission I might spread this irony on FB. It actually looks kinda like a park near me. Then again, most parks looks pretty much the same..

Edit - I see, yep this is going on FB, lol.
edit on 3-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Not exactly sure a friend shared it on FB about an hour ago, so it could be anywhere in the USA.

I'll wager it's in NY. Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow listen to you people bitch..every rule on there was obviously made necessary by self centered jackoffs who need their "freedoms" to be the only ones that matter. Grow up.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As much as I never use Facebook, I had to post that to my page with the greeting, "Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!" Ha! Made me laugh. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Wow listen to you people bitch..every rule on there was obviously made necessary by self centered jackoffs who need their "freedoms" to be the only ones that matter. Grow up.

LMAO!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just found the original source and person that went the extra step.

A man by the name of Tom Wysocki from Ohio tape the 4th amendment to every sign that was posted.

ACTIVIST POSTS 4TH AMENDMENT ON ORWELLIAN SIGN BANNING 4TH OF JULY

The sign (now covered in Fourth Amendment copies thanks to Tom), which is actually located in Lakewood Ohio as proven by The Lakewood Observer website, is a result of Lakewood city Mayor Mike Summers’ decision to institute the bans in order to make citizens ‘safer’. Because who cares about your independence when celebrating Independence Day. Among the regulations, which includes a ban on fireworks like sparklers, is the enactment of random and mandatory bag seizures — which the Fourth Amendment clearly protects against.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join