It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capleton is a prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hope you have seen / heard Capleton ... the fire prophet

www.youtube.com...

21:30 its not even funny the knowledge Jah lets flow

www.youtube.com...

life isnt easy

but the kicker is www.metrolyrics.com...

ISIS I shall stand and see

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-7-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Truth in Capleton's words..reggae artists like this know how to tap in to higher than human knowledge and bring it down. It is a spiritual based music, but the method is applicable in in all walk of life.
That is, be thankful and appreciate spirit, open and loving, and you will become a co creator and conduit of God's wisdom. And be held in grace despite the raging evils of the world in these times.
it is further refreshing to dig those dope 90's dancehall rhythms. Simple, and solid as ever.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. Reggae is about 80% of what I listen to because it's mainly a spiritual music with great knowledge.
Capleton is definitely tapping in something higher power.
A prophet is in other words a messenger, which is what Capleton basically is.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How about an example of this prophetic gift for those of us not familiar with him. e reply to: samsamm9

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

what dem gonna do when nuff of them see true (Isis) Dem get slew yaw ( disgusting but true)

who do you think you are?, we're living ina small world
We all living in da one ya name!
I will see the day they come with all their bullets and bayonets and bombs.
That Day i will praise my King (muhommed)
who by his own law shall see the poor and persecuted uplifted (never happened) We just happened to live on Oil . Thats where u have to ask yourself serious questions about your faith. just sayin'
but the thing he is saying at 1:02 When hes says outta the ghetto slums He reall means outta islam
and then when he says I would love to see their face for all the evil they do to they human race . thats drones. This why we dont understand fundamentalist Islam. I watched every interview. I like the the guy in charge of Iran. Hes a wise man Ali Khameni . He will tell you exactly the same thing Capleton and i say. Terrorism cannot be beat by bombs or force. Then he talks about space. Its truly amazing I invite all of you to critique both this song and my interpretation
edit on 26-9-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
He is not a prophet. He is a social commentator and knows how human nature works. Nothing more. He also appears to have a massive ego, and has exploited this for his own gain.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

I dont know what kinda of person your looking for in the 21st century to tell you how it is? Of course they will have an ego complex? Where else will the masses hear this ? I guess you are driving towards the exploding christian music world. But point taken, right message no ego. That would be wonderful. But hes way ahead of the curve with this. All of his good stuff is from the early 90s. At that point, I believe , he was a prophet. Now maybe hes more of a priest and we have a surplus of those.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Speckle

I don't need anyone to tell me how it is. I can find out for myself, sure I can get other people's opinions, perspectives and experiences, but ultimately, I am the only person who can tell me how it is. Just as you are the only person who can tell you how it is.

Capleton was never a prophet. Ahead of the curve? I don't agree. What he sang about is common knowledge to those in the know. And not everything he sang about was right either, he is a part of a fringe religion, that has some dubious and intolerant, even outright hateful doctrines. I understand how you need something to cling onto, we all do really, but surely you can do better than religion?

How about I put it another way, if someone comes on here claiming to be King David, a prophet, they get shot down for the frauds they are. So why is it different for Capleton? He is no different to anyone else who claims to be special. Nobody is special, nobody is a prophet, nobody can see the future, and nobody is in direct communication with any god (unless, of course, that god is a human being).

Its usually the subject matter that puts me right off this style of music, which is a shame cos the actual music is good.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ooh fun thread!!

love me some Capleton!!! However I don't believe him to be a prophet anymore than lets say Richie Spice or AnthonyB or Sizzla or any artist that is aware of the social injustices and chooses to sing about them. We all have our moments in which we can seem prophetic, I just think he is "awake" and "aware" no more no less.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
You both make valid points. I'm actually surprised to have this discussion and to take some knowledge away from it. Thanks for the posts!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hey
www.youtube.com...
yep 2004
isis in there and as tough as you think you are (you get drone fury) but still
please listen to the song

I tried to tell you when they cant escape you will try to escape to space.

cmon who do you think you are

edit on 21-10-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
As a matter of Rastafarian prophecies I'd rather consider that this particular one is likely to happen this year :

I know it was originally planned for 1977 ... but 7+7=14.

edit on 21-10-2014 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Spelling

top topics

join