It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be any other nationality which would you be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
New Zealand.

My avatar might give you a clue as to my own nationality, but I live in the UK (which I love, by the way). But if I had to be something else, then I would go for a beautiful country with great scenery, friendly people, out-door lifestyle, great beaches, decent weather and a rugby team that is awesome!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Odd no one mentioned Japan so far.
I think they are so perfect - especially since the Empire was undone. Whatever you can reach on this planet, in many respect some tops are no doubt in Japan.
Tea and Zen and - garden culture, shiitake, the Japanese are even great at films (e.g. Miyazaki, and one generation ago,
Kurosawa) and not bad at rock. I think it is a great way for an ancient tradition to arrive in modernity.

On second thought, I wouldn't mind being English, Irish or Scotttish - I studied them long enough. (I used to prefer the US when I was a student and had to study British stuff all the time - nothing to do with politics, just a matter of temperament).
So... subconsciously it is different for me than it is at the conscious level, and it was different when I grew up than it is now.

Chinese I have been in many lives I think. But also Tibetan so don't make a fight there.

For a clue, I was born in Hungary and I am a proud citizen of the USA along with many relatives (nothing wrong with that, and I used to think when I was young that it was the best in the world). But I've been up to here with being the member of a small nation.

Does anyone want to be Hungarian?

(Women are really pretty here and wines are really good - and we're not bad at science either - we invented Vitamin C, the Rubik's cube and the H-bomb).

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

I have had an obsession with France since I was little. I would definitely say French 100%!

My room is French themed, my apt is European themed, mostly French and Italian. I LOVE French food and I have Eiffel Towers all over the place, even permanently on my body as a tattoo.

I have no idea why I have had this obsession or draw to France since I was a kid but I just love everything about France, the culture, language, people, history, architecture, food and so on. Who knows maybe I was French in a past life.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Come to think of it, Norway is attractive too - especially since they show a very different sensibility of the future and politics...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Swedish. Free college and university educations. I think I'd probably just stay in school and become a career academic.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
3rd choice, Russian ...I love the Russian language, I have no clue what they are saying but I can listen to them say it all day anyway, plus a lot of their Architecture looks pretty neat, they seem a rather serious sort of people though not too sure i'd fit in.

2nd Choice Japanese, The food, the surroundings, culture, fashion, people, and Shintoism are all so fascinating to me. Honestly, it is their take on religion and their ability to mesh them together that puts Japan at my number two spot, but the whole Fukushima thing that keeps it from my number one spot.

1st choice Greek, come on now they got the Gods, the food, the people are lively and seem generally cheerful and friendly. Plus I love a place with a lot of history to it, and Greece has that in abundance.

edit on 4-7-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

I would not be ANY nationality at all - because I believe it's dead wrong for any government to allow a society that is based Nationalism - better to be a world citizen and be free to live where you want and as you please.

Say you don't want to work for a living - you wont have to! You can just live off the land and be free - No rules that mark you an "Americas Citizen" for example. No restrictions on travel. No taxes etc. Why should I "belong" to America for example simply because my parents had me there?

People think Americans are free - BS - nothing could be further from the truth. It could be argued we are freer than other nations but so what - free is a subjective term.

We have a highly corrupt President in the White House that is illegally allowing illegal aliens to become citizens in exchange for joining the military - who's to think these guys will fight for us - when they did not respect us in the first place to enter the country legaly?

I call these so called "citizens" - Second Class Citizens - they are beneath me and are disgusting. If thats freedom, I want no part of it.

Other countries will have the same or similar problems. You show me a country were I can really be free and i'll be there but that country Does NOT exist.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm an Aussie and became a yank, and as much as I love it here, its actually a really weird place. hard to explain unless you are from the outside. THE COUNTRYSIDE IS BEAUTIFUL. And some of the coolest cities on earth, but I feel a little unsafe here.
There is a very different relationship between people and police, and people and the medical profession, a lot of distrust.

I don't feel very free here at times, but that is focusing on the bad, I also love so much about the place.

Been to Iceland, and people brrrrr its frickin cold.

Wish I coulda stayed in OZ
Beaches, sunshine friendliness, laid back attitude.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join