It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: VegHead
A picture while we were doing it.
I'm the freak with the semi-smiley face t-shirt,
long hair & ATS hat ...lol
originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: sled735
The boss and I both saw it moving around when we were there.
That is her picture she took.
That is also one I enhanced (contrast to see if anything showed up in the shadow),
here the original,
And then enhanced...
Yeah, this photo was kind of neat.
I was surprised that it showed up on camera.
originally posted by: sled735
Has anyone here ever been involved in a seance?
Here are the steps to follow, according to this article below.
I've never been in a seance, but I would love to hear any stories from people who have.
How to perform a Seance
A seance is the practice done by a group of people who gather together to contact and receive messages from ghosts/ spirits. The minimum number of people who are taking part should be three, a medium should be among those people. Protection and safety is very important and a professional must be present.
1. Decide what your purpose is for conducting the seance , it could be to contact a deceased relative or friend or maybe you want to communicate with a spirit who is attached to your home or a haunted location, either way a professional should be present during the procedure. This is not a game and a seance should not be conducted by amateurs who wish to have 'fun ' or intend to summon demons out of curiosity, nor should spirits be mocked or disrespected by asking silly questions.
2. Set the table. Place three candles, or a number divisible by three, in the center, and place an offering of food in the center, as well. Create an atmosphere conducive to connecting to the spirit world. Light the candles, dim the lights, light some incense. A round or oval table is preferred to a rectangular one as this fulfills the requisite for a circle needed in a seance. Gather everyone around the table and hold hands to create a circle.
3. You cannot expect it to be like the movies it may be that you will have to attempt this on more than one occasion to achieve successful contact with the spirit, sometimes spirits are difficult to communicate with it may be that they simply don't feel ready to communicate with you whereas sometimes it will be a success and they will happily answer your questions.
A popular method is using the Ouija board. The ghost, once conjured, uses telekinesis to rotate the pointer and answer your questions.
4. Now all the people must sit around the table, hold each other’s hand making a circle and close their eyes. It is good to begin by saying a prayer, which helps cleanse the environment and emanate positivity. Summon the spirit(s) by chanting in unison: "Spirits of the past, move among us. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us." If you are wishing to contact a relative or friend, you may chant something like this: "Beloved (name), we bring you gifts from life into death. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us." Please be patient, and wait for the spirit's response.
5.Now ask the spirit to provide a sign of its presence. Don’t ask for a specific sign, just be open to receive any signal. When you know that the spirit is present, try to communicate. Begin slowly with simple yes or no questions, if the spirit responds well, move onto more complex questions.
6. Always be calm and respecting. However, be warned, at the very first sign of any rudeness from the spirit’s side politely ask it to leave, if it doesn’t abide, forcefully end the session by blowing out the candles and switching the lights on. Always stop a séance if someone asks due to fear or other concern. Never force anyone to continue if they do not want to.
Once done, thank the spirit for its help and slowly end the session.
7.When everyone is satisfied, end the séance by thanking the spirit for visiting, breaking the circle of hands, extinguishing the candles, and turning on the lights.