It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Perform a Seance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever been involved in a seance?
Here are the steps to follow, according to this article below.

I've never been in a seance, but I would love to hear any stories from people who have.

www.facebook.com...

How to perform a Seance

A seance is the practice done by a group of people who gather together to contact and receive messages from ghosts/ spirits. The minimum number of people who are taking part should be three, a medium should be among those people. Protection and safety is very important and a professional must be present.

1. Decide what your purpose is for conducting the seance , it could be to contact a deceased relative or friend or maybe you want to communicate with a spirit who is attached to your home or a haunted location, either way a professional should be present during the procedure. This is not a game and a seance should not be conducted by amateurs who wish to have 'fun ' or intend to summon demons out of curiosity, nor should spirits be mocked or disrespected by asking silly questions.

2. Set the table. Place three candles, or a number divisible by three, in the center, and place an offering of food in the center, as well. Create an atmosphere conducive to connecting to the spirit world. Light the candles, dim the lights, light some incense. A round or oval table is preferred to a rectangular one as this fulfills the requisite for a circle needed in a seance. Gather everyone around the table and hold hands to create a circle.

3. You cannot expect it to be like the movies it may be that you will have to attempt this on more than one occasion to achieve successful contact with the spirit, sometimes spirits are difficult to communicate with it may be that they simply don't feel ready to communicate with you whereas sometimes it will be a success and they will happily answer your questions.
A popular method is using the Ouija board. The ghost, once conjured, uses telekinesis to rotate the pointer and answer your questions.

4. Now all the people must sit around the table, hold each other’s hand making a circle and close their eyes. It is good to begin by saying a prayer, which helps cleanse the environment and emanate positivity. Summon the spirit(s) by chanting in unison: "Spirits of the past, move among us. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us." If you are wishing to contact a relative or friend, you may chant something like this: "Beloved (name), we bring you gifts from life into death. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us." Please be patient, and wait for the spirit's response.

5.Now ask the spirit to provide a sign of its presence. Don’t ask for a specific sign, just be open to receive any signal. When you know that the spirit is present, try to communicate. Begin slowly with simple yes or no questions, if the spirit responds well, move onto more complex questions.

6. Always be calm and respecting. However, be warned, at the very first sign of any rudeness from the spirit’s side politely ask it to leave, if it doesn’t abide, forcefully end the session by blowing out the candles and switching the lights on. Always stop a séance if someone asks due to fear or other concern. Never force anyone to continue if they do not want to.
Once done, thank the spirit for its help and slowly end the session.

7.When everyone is satisfied, end the séance by thanking the spirit for visiting, breaking the circle of hands, extinguishing the candles, and turning on the lights.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i wouldnt mess with that stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
i wouldnt mess with that stuff.

I don't condone it either, but I would like to hear experiences from members who have tried it.

I don't like opening any door where negative energies can come in. And to anyone who is thinking about performing any type of spirit communication, please do a prayer for protection first, and imagine a white, loving wall surrounding yourself so any negative energies won't possess you.

edit on 7/3/2014 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would like to try it. I have never experienced anything supernatural. Until i do I will continue to be a non believer.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well from my point of view it's all bogus anyhow. So you can't really do it wrong. Lol

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

not a seance...

As an under grad my friends and I performed a fake voodoo ceremony for a class project in comparative religion.

It got real weird as one of the female participants became possessed. We entered into the assignment as just another excuse to party and it blew up in our faces.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The first time I went to The Palmer House and did the paranormal tour we had a short seance session in the basement.

That is not what they called it, but bottom line, that was how the spirit contact started. We all sat in a circle, did a prayer, and started to get responses. We didn't use any candles though.
How was it?
Strange, but very cool.

We got everything from spirit knocks to pictures of odd things and each and every person there was "touched".
There was no doubt it was active spirit contact. I had never done it that way before, and it was totally foreign to me.
I could not seem to make contact with whatever we were all in contact with like I would normally be able to under right conditions, so I think when spirits are called this way, the vibe is different than say just sitting down with someone and talking to past on loved ones. The seance seems to pull something different, maybe it is in how the contact is initiated, I am not sure.

It was interesting though for sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

not a seance...

As an under grad my friends and I performed a fake voodoo ceremony for a class project in comparative religion.

It got real weird as one of the female participants became possessed. We entered into the assignment as just another excuse to party and it blew up in our faces.

Wait... now that story warrants some more details. Please?

I've never done a seance, nor would I ever participate in one or even be in the same room where one is being conducted. I'm not 100% convinced they "work"... but I wouldn't expose myself to it anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

The first time I went to The Palmer House and did the paranormal tour we had a short seance session in the basement.

That is not what they called it, but bottom line, that was how the spirit contact started. We all sat in a circle, did a prayer, and started to get responses. We didn't use any candles though.
How was it?
Strange, but very cool.

We got everything from spirit knocks to pictures of odd things and each and every person there was "touched".
There was no doubt it was active spirit contact. I had never done it that way before, and it was totally foreign to me.
I could not seem to make contact with whatever we were all in contact with like I would normally be able to under right conditions, so I think when spirits are called this way, the vibe is different than say just sitting down with someone and talking to past on loved ones. The seance seems to pull something different, maybe it is in how the contact is initiated, I am not sure.

It was interesting though for sure.

Was that the Palmer House in Chicago?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

No, the one is Sauke Centre Minnesota.

Short vid clip of Ghost Adventures from there.

A picture while we were doing it.
I'm the freak with the semi-smiley face t-shirt,
long hair & ATS hat
...lol

edit on 3-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think Derren Brown mainly proved live on TV in 2004 that a 'seance' is baloney!

I still remember watching it live too!

edit on 3-7-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was about 15 and my 2 friends and I decided to try having a seance, my one friend wanted to talk to her cousin and I wanted to say hi to my grandfather.

We sat on her floor and lit one candle in the middle of us, we held hands and kept thinking to ourselves a saying for my granddad to please let a train honk 3 times to let us know that he was here, he used to live behind some railroad tracks. After a bit of time went by we all heard 3 knocks on the outside wall of her bedroom. So next we tried asking for that kid she knew that had been run over by a tractor, after a bit she blew out the candle and jumped up on the bed and started crying uncontrollably after a bit she finally told us that as she was thinking about him she could hear her own thoughts and another voice started to speak to her.

I have tried to get her to do this again and she refuses.

I would be into doing it again.

Stari

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

not a seance...

I've never done a seance, nor would I ever participate in one or even be in the same room where one is being conducted. I'm not 100% convinced they "work"... but I wouldn't expose myself to it anyway.

I'm writing a screenplay about that incident. When we shoot the "teaser" for utube, Ill send you a link.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's pretty cool!

Would like to know myself when you do it if that is ok.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I did that thread on the Palmer House being in Chicago. I got the city wrong. It was the one that DarkBlade went to.

I couldn't correct my post after the 2 hour mark (which says you have 4 hours to edit).

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Did anyone notice the black shadow and orbs in DarkBlade's picture?!

Thanks for sharing that, DB.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I still have to check that thread out. Might do that now.
I tend to be that, whatever is posted on the board right now kind of guy.

I missed the 2nd Ghost Adventures episode on the palmer house. Friggin work getting in the way...lol
Although everyone else saw it, the boss and everyone...

*grumble*

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

not a seance...

I'm writing a screenplay about that incident. When we shoot the "teaser" for utube, Ill send you a link.

Far-Friging-Out!!! Don't forget!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stari
I was about 15 and my 2 friends and I decided to try having a seance, my one friend wanted to talk to her cousin and I wanted to say hi to my grandfather.

We sat on her floor and lit one candle in the middle of us, we held hands and kept thinking to ourselves a saying for my granddad to please let a train honk 3 times to let us know that he was here, he used to live behind some railroad tracks. After a bit of time went by we all heard 3 knocks on the outside wall of her bedroom. So next we tried asking for that kid she knew that had been run over by a tractor, after a bit she blew out the candle and jumped up on the bed and started crying uncontrollably after a bit she finally told us that as she was thinking about him she could hear her own thoughts and another voice started to speak to her.

I have tried to get her to do this again and she refuses.

I would be into doing it again.

Stari

No, don't force/push anyone into doing any type of communication when they're scared. Fear attracts negative spirits/entities. That could turn out really BAD!

Thanks for sharing with us though.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

I still have to check that thread out. Might do that now.
I tend to be that, whatever is posted on the board right now kind of guy.

I missed the 2nd Ghost Adventures episode on the palmer house. Friggin work getting in the way...lol
Although everyone else saw it, the boss and everyone...

*grumble*

Here's the link, in case you don't find it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join