It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
What I'm saying is that Gay's should have the freedom to marry but at the same time they should respect religious institutions if they are denied marriage in churches knowing full well of the religious stance concerning homosexuality.

But these guys WEREN'T denied marriage in a church. They were welcomed and married there. No one forced the church to marry them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or maybe he was actually gay... but didn't want to release said information

Ye think?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

What, in your opinion, would Jesus have thought about gays and gay marriage?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

This is the same person who said women should be silent in church, and their only real use is to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen...

Why trust a Pharisee?

I'll tell you why. Because if you look at Jewish religious law, Homosexuality is condemned, if you look at Islamic religious law, homosexuality is condemned, if you look at the Noachide Laws some of the earliest we have, homosexuality is alongside Beastiality.

So using references from other religions, it would suggest that he is correct because prior to the New Testament, this act was also condemned and why would the almighty have a sudden change of heart to something that is considered unnatural and a blasphemy throughout history? Promotion of Homosexuality in religion is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Or maybe he was actually gay... but didn't want to release said information

Ye think?

Good evidence for that possibility too, as mentioned above. He certainly did favor young male travelling companions.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

What I'm saying is that Gay's should have the freedom to marry but at the same time they should respect religious institutions if they are denied marriage in churches knowing full well of the religious stance concerning homosexuality.

But these guys WEREN'T denied marriage in a church. They were welcomed and married there. No one forced the church to marry them.

Then the Church is a phoney.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

keep the hateful opinions to yourselves?

See this is what irritates me more than anything about a certain group of people here on this site. There is absolutely nothing hateful about what I said, but its almost impossible to not develop hate for people who keep making the same baseless assertion over and over and over again. I have no hate in my heart whatsoever towards homosexuals (my grandmother and my brother were gay btw), but I seriously hate you freaking activists with a passion. You are the most intolerant and hardheaded people I have ever had the displeasure of conversing with in my entire life.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Bone75

I know a couple of Christians who are Gay what right do you have to say they are not Christian?.
Shame on you.

dude, the Bible gives Christians the right to reprove and reproof other Christians using scripture. We are not to judge others outside the flock. But careful inspection for those that bear bad fruit is a must. Consider the examples of the use of levan. You dont get a free pass once you claim to do things in His name. At that point your works are most definately to be judged by any and all Christians in defense of truth. You dont get to make it up as you go because you love it. In fact we are taught love is the active aspect of declaring the rootof all evil. It is here where the battle lines are drawn and it becomes apparent that this is not about some slighted rights, but to force people to claim what they do in private is righteous and good irregardless of what it is, if you can do it in the name of love.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You are really worked up about this ... if you're a non-believer and not gay ... what's your angle?

Why is the question burnin' your biscuits so badly?

Besides that, your logic is flawed. Islamic law is based on Arabic tradition and the intersection with both Judaism and Christianity. They called them "the People of the Book."

You can't prove something about Paul the apostle by evidence that came into being 600 years or so after his death.

Besides, the Torah is all you need for your point. Don't pour mud in your own soup.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

What, in your opinion, would Jesus have thought about gays and gay marriage?

Too be honest with you if he was who he said he was, he would of denounced it.. He wouldn't of gone out and persecuted Homosexuals but he would not promote it either. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

There's a lot of overlap in that list

:-)

Always seemed kinda redundant to me - but who am I to critique perfection?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Bone75
Practicing homosexuals can't be practicing Christians anymore than practicing murderers, or practicing liars, or practicing heretics.

So... Practicing Christians NEVER lie?
no, they do not condone it, propogate it as truth and certainly do not call it good.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The evidence is that all 3 Monotheistic religions are against Homosexuality. That is all the Evidence I need.. You can pull the old Paul was a Pharisee or a traitor, do what you will but when it comes down to it, throughout history homosexuality has been condemned. That is undeniable regardless of what angle I'm coming from.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: blupblup

There's a lot of overlap in that list

:-)

Always seemed kinda redundant to me - but who am I to critique perfection?

yep God knew what he was doing.... he likes to be alone

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

See this is what irritates me more than anything about a certain group of people here on this site. There is absolutely nothing hateful about what I said, but its almost impossible to not develop hate for people who keep making the same baseless assertion over and over and over again. I have no hate in my heart whatsoever towards homosexuals (my grandmother and my brother were gay btw), but I seriously hate you freaking activists with a passion. You are the most intolerant and hardheaded people I have ever had the displeasure of conversing with in my entire life.

I realize that you see nothing wrong with condemning others, even though your own Book not only advises against it but commands that you not do it and love others as you love yourself. You just stated up there that there's no way a gay person can be a Christian, and guess what, YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT. You're not God.

As to the rest of you spiel, believe me, the feeling is mutual toward the holier than thou crowd those who wander into any thread that suits you and start spewing your absolutist crap and THEN pretending like you're the victims when we stand up to you and call you on your garbage. Who cares if you believe gays will burn in hell? Who cares if I believe that 99% of the people I have met who claim to be Christian are really psychopaths barely restrained from burning others at the stake (again.)

And guess what? I don't have any Book telling ME it's wrong to HATE. You DO.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Neither Romans nor Corinthians gives instruction to kill homosexuals.

Just out of curiosity, since you, as a non-believer, have these verses saved in your special place ... do you also find threads talking about sexual swingers, sexually active teenagers, burglars, drunks, et. al. and point your verse out? Or is it just the gays that get under your skin?

You're mistaken. You've proven you're mistaken with the verses you quote. There is no instruction, injunction, direction, etc. to kill gays in the NT. Period.

Where did I say that the Bible said to go out and kill Homosexuals? I said something along the lines of they are deserving of death.. Big difference pal. Don't distort what I am saying.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The evidence is that all 3 Monotheistic religions are against Homosexuality. That is all the Evidence I need.. You can pull the old Paul was a Pharisee or a traitor, do what you will but when it comes down to it, throughout history homosexuality has been condemned. That is undeniable regardless of what angle I'm coming from.

The evidence is good enough for you, not for anyone else. That is called an belief, to which, of course, you are welcome. But you're mistaken in point of fact in your assertion about commands to kill gays in the NT, about Islamic law making any point about Paul's validity, etc. etc. That's just the obvious fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I realize that you see nothing wrong with condemning others, even though your own Book not only advises against it but commands that you not do it and love others as you love yourself. You just stated up there that there's no way a gay person can be a Christian, and guess what, YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT. You're not God.

As to the rest of you spiel, believe me, the feeling is mutual toward the holier than thou crowd those who wander into any thread that suits you and start spewing your absolutist crap and THEN pretending like you're the victims when we stand up to you and call you on your garbage. Who cares if you believe gays will burn in hell? Who cares if I believe that 99% of the people I have met who claim to be Christian are really psychopaths barely restrained from burning others at the stake (again.)

And guess what? I don't have any Book telling ME it's wrong to HATE. You DO.
you seem really mad at someone. Shouldnt you be happy from this news? Or is it becoming apparent to all you hate Christians, and you do not need a book to validate it. Please dont bite me,

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Neither Romans nor Corinthians gives instruction to kill homosexuals.

Just out of curiosity, since you, as a non-believer, have these verses saved in your special place ... do you also find threads talking about sexual swingers, sexually active teenagers, burglars, drunks, et. al. and point your verse out? Or is it just the gays that get under your skin?

You're mistaken. You've proven you're mistaken with the verses you quote. There is no instruction, injunction, direction, etc. to kill gays in the NT. Period.

Where did I say that the Bible said to go out and kill Homosexuals? I said something along the lines of they are deserving of death.. Big difference pal. Don't distort what I am saying.

Mmmmhmmm. Seems like an awful lot of protesteth too much going on here. What's your point about being "deserving of death" then? Are you just treating death as a literary device? Is it a metaphor for something else? Please. Something's got you hot under the collar, but far be it from me to guess what.

BTW, I'm not your "pal".

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Dude, his exact words were

it actually says in the New Testament that Homosexuals are deserving of death.

Then you asked him to back it up with scripture, and he did. In fact, it said exactly what he said and exactly how he said it.
No one said there was an instruction to kill gays, so you are the one who is mistaken, and the fact that you're being rewarded for it just goes to show how stupid you people really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join