It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Pretty sure that people did make those rules. And in perfect honesty, it's those people that homosexuals are insulting. I've never once heard a grandiose voice echo from the sky in declamation of gays. It's always the bigots I see here on Earth.

Honestly I don't give two hoots what people do whether they are homosexual or not, that's none of my business. But when it comes to religion and religion's stance towards homosexuality, shouldn't homosexual's also respect that aspect if they were denied marriage in a Church?

I'm not saying I'm against Gay Marriage, It's an issue that I really don't care about, but when it comes down to it regardless of whether humans or a magical man wrote the Bible etc, the teaching is the same. Religion condemns homosexuality and no Christian in their right mind should accept this act in their Churches. Don't discriminate against homosexuals, just keep it away from places of worship. Where does the Bible teach to promote Homosexuality? It doesn't.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Someone should start painting these Churches in Rainbows...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

That is still discrimination towards the many gay Christians and Gay Muslims out there.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm not saying I'm against Gay Marriage, It's an issue that I really don't care about, but when it comes down to it regardless of whether humans or a magical man wrote the Bible etc, the teaching is the same. Religion condemns homosexuality and no Christian in their right mind should accept this act in their Churches. Don't discriminate against homosexuals, just keep it away from places of worship. Where does the Bible teach to promote Homosexuality? It doesn't

You're not saying you're against gay marriage, but you're against gay marriage. I get it.

It's not your church, ergo it's not your problem. And when you make it your problem...well, that's your problem. Besides, I thought Jesus was all about forgiving? Seems you're having difficulty in that area.

edit on 3-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

That is still discrimination towards the many gay Christians and Gay Muslims out there.

Practicing homosexuals can't be practicing Christians anymore than practicing murderers, or practicing liars, or practicing heretics.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

tough room

:-)

maybe we need a fresh thread on sarcasm

Meantime - Baptists marrying gay couples?

Hell must've frozen over - finally!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I know a couple of Christians who are Gay what right do you have to say they are not Christian?.
Shame on you.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a Gay Christian or Muslim... Religion denounces those people whether or not they proclaim to follow either of those religions. Obviously they aren't following the religion if they are embracing actions which are contrary to the teachings.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

There is no such thing as a Gay Christian or Muslim... Religion denounces those people whether or not they proclaim to follow either of those religions. Obviously they aren't following the religion if they are embracing actions which are contrary to the teachings.

My mom is a gay christian. Doesn't make sense to me either, but she does believe. She was raised Catholic and her current views are Episcopalian.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Judges on high horses...
Iam way out of this thread it has sickened me.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I am not a Christian and I say that because I cannot uphold what is taught in the Bible, I'm at least honest with myself. Homosexuality is condemned in all 3 major religions. If people don't like it, then don't follow the religion or proclaim to be part of that religion. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I am not a Christian and I say that because I cannot uphold what is taught in the Bible, I'm at least honest with myself. Homosexuality is condemned in all 3 major religions. If people don't like it, then don't follow the religion or proclaim to be part of that religion. It's as simple as that.

I am aware of this. Like I said, it doesn't make sense to me either. But she does believe, very much so.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

My mom is a gay christian. Doesn't make sense to me either, but she does believe. She was raised Catholic and her current views are Episcopalian. So where is all that love and forgiveness you should have learned from Jesus? Those were in his teachings too.

Again, I'm not a Christian and don't claim to be... But I do understand what is taught and Homosexuality is condemned regardless of what people call themselves...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I know a couple of Christians who are Gay what right do you have to say they are not Christian?.
Shame on you.

You've already stated on these boards that you will fight against religion until the day you die, so don't come in here and tell me who's a Christian and who isn't, or that I should be ashamed of myself for knowing the difference.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So if you eat shellfish be practicing? If you trim your beard you can't be practicing? If you wear clothes made from blended fabrics you can't be practicing? I mean all of these things are forbidden in Leviticus. I assume you've killed every fortune teller you've seen. I mean that's what you've been instructed to do by your book.
edit on 7/3/2014 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Judges on high horses...
Iam way out of this thread it has sickened me.

People can make opinions when it comes to what is taught in the Bible or even the Qu'ran. I am not judging anyone personally, what I am saying comes from the religious texts, it actually says in the New Testament that Homosexuals are deserving of death. So if that is the case, Homosexuality is a very big insult to religion.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Shame on you.

You've already stated on these boards that you will fight against religion until the day you die, so don't come in here and tell me who's a Christian and who isn't, or that I should be ashamed of myself for knowing the difference.

I don't think it's your place to decide who is a Christian and who isn't.

link   
Who here speaks for God?

All three of these religions also have aspects that teach that love and forgiveness are qualities to be emulated and striven for here on earth. Caring for one another, doing good to each other.

Why not let God/Allah/Yahweh decide who belongs to Him and who doesn't, and keep the hateful opinions to yourselves?

link   

Except that was Paul...

Who really cares what he said... Jesus had no issue with being gay... And Jesus trumps Paul

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Who here speaks for God?

All three of these religions also have aspects that teach that love and forgiveness are qualities to be emulated and striven for here on earth. Caring for one another, doing good to each other.

Why not let God/Allah/Yahweh decide who belongs to Him and who doesn't, and keep the hateful opinions to yourselves?

Because there has never been a more divisive or subtle tool than religion. Behold its work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join