It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The quran was also written by man not god
You wonder why I thought you was a muslim...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The quran was also written by man not god
You wonder why I thought you was a muslim...

Maybe, but at least the Muslims admit that their prophet was only a prophet, can't say the same for Christianity and their Clark Kent God.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Clark kent god lol gonna nick that.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
at least the Muslims admit that their prophet was only a prophet,

Get back to us when they actually admit that Muhammad was only a man with an agenda, and that he lied about having 'visions' from God (and/or angels).

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I guess we now know why the Qu'ran was sent in the first place...

It wasn't 'sent'. It was fabricated.

Because the Bible was fabricated by the sounds of it...

You think the bible was fabricated, but you can't see how the Qu'ran was? Really?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Im glad you replied... I always enjoy an opportunity to help others understand

But some say that the accounts are 2nd and 3rd (maybe even 4th) hand which means they didn't come from the apostles but people later on in history.

Actually that is a fact... there are no first century original writings in existence that we know of... then again the Vatican might have some, and there may be various libraries all over the world in possession of such texts, but they keep then hidden for whatever reason

One of the Oldest Christian texts from James in a Greek Orthodox Church in Palestine refutes most of what is written in the New Testament,

Which text would that be... Im quite familiar with most of the early Christian documents and I don't seem to recall the one you're speaking of..

does this mean that the Bible isn't telling the truth about Jesus and it was fabricated after the death of Jesus?

Some parts were...

Maybe Jesus is not the Son of God either as there is no reference to him being the Son of God in that book either.

He calls himself the son of God in the earliest texts we have... the earlier the better for the most part....

Though there were many people who were considered "sons of God" within the bible... including you, and I...

It's funny we are having this discussion because Islam paints a very clear picture of what's happened and funnily enough, it is an undeniable fact which I guess you could say is still being practiced today.

Islam makes the claim that they know who Jesus was more so then the people that were close to him... Theres no logical way to work with that... Other then to say that "God gave us this information"... but the Quran proves itself to be unreliable in that aspect... And there are several threads on ATS that show said unreliability

I guess we now know why the Qu'ran was sent in the first place... Because the Bible was fabricated by the sounds of it... Isn't it funny that it's the only one out of the three religions that doesn't fit in let alone make any sense most of the time?

Doesn't fit what?

Each of the Abrahamic religions are incompatible with the other.... that's why they're all different religions and not one big one...

And none of said religions are compatible with the words of Jesus... but at least Christianity is close... Christians on the other hand... that's a different matter...

I personally believe IF Jesus comes back the first people he will be dealing with are people who claim to be Christians....

Lots of them will probably receive a good backhand from the good lord

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Get back to us when they actually admit that Muhammad was only a man with an agenda, and that he lied about having 'visions' from God (and/or angels).

lol, Mohammad was only a Man but Allah is Allah.. Muslims don't worship Mohammad, they worship Allah. I bet Jesus didn't have visions either, I bet he just copied and pasted from the Old Testament before he put his red cape on and flew off to Nibiru.
edit on 7-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The Book of James (Jesus's Brother) was on a documentary and would be very hard to get your hands on unless someone has translated it and circulated it. If I could find it myself, I would already have it sort of thing. Look up Greek Orthodox Church in Palestine and Book of James I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Alright well IF you can't produce the text we can hardly have a decent discussion on it now can we....

Im not about to go searching for something just upon another member mentioning it...

The book of James is in the bible, and I highly doubt it would be against what the rest of the NT teaches.... In fact I know its not.... so...

Said missing book is irrelevant to this discussion

Anything else you'd like to add aside from referring to Jesus as superman?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The start of the video explains how the letters of James were not going to be put into the Bible in the beginning but there is another book which is claimed to be from the time of when his family was around.

The Book was never filmed prior to this documentary and I'm guessing that it has never been circulated because Christianity would be meaningless if it was.
edit on 7-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Me too. That's pretty refreshing.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

unfortunately I don't have time to watch a video right now, but I will later...

One thing you should know though... Just by the title of the video I can already tell you what its about...

And its probably correct... the fact is the bible does not teach a trinity anyways... neither did Jesus or any of his followers... Not even Paul taught a triune God...

And most credible scholars also know that the trinity is not specifically taught in the bible either... its only found by piecing together fragments of texts... and its only specifically mentioned in passages that are also known to be additions to the texts

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Actually, the trinity is not really mentioned in the video, it has more to do with the divinity and teachings of Christ which contradict what we know from the Bible today.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

hmm... the title suggest otherwise... No matter

I will take a look a bit later, and give you another reply at that time...

Good to know i'll have something nifty to watch over a few beers later tonight...

chat with ya then

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Well I was honestly expecting a little more then what that video had to say...

Im not sure why... but anyways... Its pretty much like I said previously

No trinity, Just one God, the Father....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Mohammad was only a Man but Allah is Allah.. Muslims don't worship Mohammad, they worship Allah.

As I was saying - Get back to us when they actually admit that Muhammad was only a nefarious man, a thief and a murderer, with an agenda ... AND NOT A PROPHET .... and that he lied about having 'visions' from God. He made claims and gave no proof to back them up. And much of what he said has been proven wrong. So get back to us when they admit that.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Mohammad was only a Man but Allah is Allah.. Muslims don't worship Mohammad, they worship Allah.

As I was saying - Get back to us when they actually admit that Muhammad was only a nefarious man, a thief and a murderer, with an agenda ... AND NOT A PROPHET .... and that he lied about having 'visions' from God. He made claims and gave no proof to back them up. And much of what he said has been proven wrong. So get back to us when they admit that.

Nothing has been proven wrong. I could give you many examples that he is 100% accurate which you would disagree with. The only place it has been proven wrong is in your head. Where do all these accusations come from? From Fanatical Christians.. Now that is a Fact.

Even some Jews agree that Islam is the closest thing to the original monotheistic teachings and they also believe that Islam is the religion of the future, funny that, why would they agree with a religion that apparently spews hatred towards them? Because Propaganda rules at the end of the day.

If you want to talk about a religion being false, altered, fabricated, fraudulent, counterfeit, lie, brutal, look no further than your own religion, it reeks of Romanised fabrication yet you still actually believe It is the absolute truth.
edit on 8-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Nothing has been proven wrong.

That's funny. I have posted many irrefutable examples of him being wrong.

I could give you many examples that he is 100% accurate which you would disagree with.

Even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while. If Muhammad managed to guess correctly on something, that doesn't mean that the rest of the bunk he spewed is somehow magically immune from examination. And Muhammad fails the examination. God doesn't make mistakes. But Muhammad did. Therefore his so called 'visions' didn't come from God.

The only place it has been proven wrong is in your head.

Wrong. It's been proven wrong by science and archeology.

Where do all these accusations come from? From Fanatical Christians..

Wrong. From science and archeology.

Now that is a Fact.

You don't seem to understand the difference between fact and propaganda. It is a FACT that science and archeology have proven much of the Abrahamic religions dead wrong. Period.

Even some Jews agree ....

Jews believe in Exodus and Adam and Eve and Noahs Ark. They are dead wrong too. It doesn't matter what you claim they agree on. Wrong is wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The only reason to withhold marriage equality from homosexuals would be religious reasons. Those are found in Abrahamic religions that base those anti-homosexual beliefs on ancient religious texts. Considering that we can prove a lot of the ancient religious texts wrong, then obviously we shouldn't be trusting them to be 'God's Word' for sure. And that means we can't trust the 'homosexuality = bad' law either.

10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
Did Abraham Ever Really Exist
Noahs Ark Proven Not To Have Happened
Exodus Did Not Happen as Scripture States

Leviticus ... anyone who cuts his beard 'incorrectly' is sinning. Anyone who plants their garden with mixed seeds is sinning. Anyone who eats bacon will go to hell. These are absurdities by superstitious peasants who attributed their own social norms to be 'God's Law'. They severely misunderstood Who God Is.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's funny. I have posted many irrefutable examples of him being wrong.

You can assume he was wrong all you like, but your examples are taken in a literal context and that does not prove anything.

Even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while. If Muhammad managed to guess correctly on something, that doesn't mean that the rest of the bunk he spewed is somehow magically immune from examination. And Muhammad fails the examination. God doesn't make mistakes. But Muhammad did. Therefore his so called 'visions' didn't come from God.

Many of the things in the hadith have already happened, some are taking place right now, some still haven't happened. The reason why I believe this is because I do not taken the hadith's literally. Here's an example.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said that the hour will not be established until the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings (Book 88, hadith 237)

So this is a sign of the times.. You cannot prove that wrong because it can happen at any time. Right now it's actually happening in the Middle East.

Wrong. It's been proven wrong by science and archeology.

Wrong. From science and archeology.

Archeology cannot prove things like the above wrong. Science would likely prove the above right. This goes Much deeper than trying to simply discredit Mohammad, you have to prove everything in Islam wrong, not bits and pieces of it.

You don't seem to understand the difference between fact and propaganda. It is a FACT that science and archeology have proven much of the Abrahamic religions dead wrong. Period.

I agree they have, because they take everything written literally and spiritual enlightenment doesn't factor in their findings.

Jews believe in Exodus and Adam and Eve and Noahs Ark. They are dead wrong too. It doesn't matter what you claim they agree on. Wrong is wrong.

So everyone is wrong because you and your scientific community say so? Your not a very spiritual person aren't you? Very closed minded when it comes to anything around your fabricated New Testament.
edit on 8-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join