It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DanZek

Blah, blah, blah. Jesus followed the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid). He said all you have to do is love your neighbor as yourself (the Golden Rule) and love your God with all your heart. That's it. Everything else will fall into place. You can eat all the bacon and shellfish you want; you can masturbate all you want; you can love whomever you want. As long as you aren't harming anyone, you're good. If you follow the Golden Rule, you won't kill anyone, or steal from anyone, or lie to anyone, or be hateful to anyone, or beat up anyone, or refuse to help anyone, etc. See how that works?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You posted things that happen in the brainfrom learned activity. I posted from a thread that qualified it as such. Learn what it is you reference to. You posted nothing showing "born that way" . You posted evidence "learned it that way".a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: DarknStormy
So what your saying is that Homosexuality is a mental disorder? .

No. It's a natural human sexuality variant. And there is nothing wrong with being homosexual. It's just like being left handed or green eyed or freckled. Those also have physical components.

A mental disorder causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life. There is nothing about homosexuality that causes the homosexual to have impaired ability to function in ordinary life and the only suffering they have from being homosexual is put upon them by religious zealots who run around screaming that their 'god' hates them - and that is based on bronze age laws attributed to God but in which were actually invented by men.

what? You posted info on the brain. And yet you say its the same as having green eyes and freckles. Show me in your brain studies you get this correlation. God hates sin. I do not single people out. Neither does God. Neither does He wink at some sins and damn you for others.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
You posted nothing showing "born that way" . You posted evidence "learned it that way".

My degree is psychology. I know the difference. I posted information showing the brains are formed differently. That is BORN THAT WAY.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You posted info on the brain. And yet you say its the same as having green eyes and freckles. Show me in your brain studies you get this correlation.

This is basic college stuff. Natural variations. Green eyes are a natural variation. Freckles are a natural variation. Being left handed is a natural variation. Homosexuality is a natural variation. All physical elements and all within natural variation parameters.

God hates sin. I do not single people out. Neither does God. Neither does He wink at some sins and damn you for others.

Being homosexual isn't a sin. Prove that God hates homosexuality. That means you have to prove God wrote the silly Leviticus laws and the Qu'ran. You can't. It's MUCH easier to make a case that humans wrote Leviticus and the Qu'ran and that those are culture based silly human made laws, not Gods.

edit on 7/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It doesn't matter who or what they were invented by.. Many people like to pull the Christian label out and I'm just being honest with them. If they disagree with what is taught in the Bible (Including yourself), then you aren't a Christians a/hole. Stop using the label, your just lying to yourselves.

The Old Testament isn't the only part of the Bible that makes reference to this issue, the New Testament does also and if you had attention to detail concerning the Bible you would know that Jesus said himself that he did not come to change the Laws of the Prophets... In other words, he agreed with the Laws in the Old Testament and Homosexuality falls under those laws. So everything that was written previously is applicable to Jesus also.
edit on 6-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It doesn't matter who or what they were invented by..

What are you talking about? It makes a HUGE difference if a law was written by God or men. Again ... prove that GOD said homosexuality is wrong. Go ahead ... prove it.

If they disagree with what is taught in the Bible (Including yourself), then you aren't a Christians a/hole.

1 - Wrong. Certain fundamentalist Christians take the entire bible literally, but it's not to be read that way.
2 - The ONLY requirements to be a Christian are to believe that Jesus came from heaven to save souls, and that you are to try to love God and Neighbor.
3 - Stop cursing at/about people. You do it all the time. It's against the T&C.

you would know that Jesus said himself that he did not come to change the Laws of the Prophets...

Already discussed in the off topic religion forum. And you are wrong. Jesus perfected the law ... he showed what the spirit of the law really was ... and it wasn't hateful legalities. The law said 'stone a woman caught in adultery' and yet Jesus taught stoning was against God's law because he said 'let him without sin cast the first stone' (which would be no one). The law said not to do any work on Sabbath, and yet Jesus healed and his apostles picked corn on Sabbath. The people were too wrapped up in man made legalities and they totally missed the spirit of what God wanted.
edit on 7/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
FlyersFan, I know we have our differences elsewhere, but once again, I wish I could give more than one star per post here to your responses.

You're remaining reasonable, logical and citing clear evidence, while being faced with nothing but ignorance and trollishness. You're doing far better than I am, who tend to get in the mud. Bravo!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I will keep this simple. Jesus taught inherant sin nature, that there are none righteous, not even one. He taught from scripture. He taught repentance, forgiveness and new life from the bondage of sin. Go and sin no more. He not only showed the way but provided the way through grace and the Holy Spirit. He taught for us not to greive the Holy Spirit. Repent and sin no more.a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I will keep this simple. Jesus taught inherant sin nature, that there are none righteous, not even one. He taught from scripture. He taught repentance, forgiveness and new life from the bondage of sin. Go and sin no more. He not only showed the way but provided the way through grace and the Holy Spirit. He taught for us not to greive the Holy Spirit. Repent and sin no more.a reply to: FlyersFan

How would a Bible scholar miss the fact that Paul wrote that:

Romans 3:10: "As it is written: 'There is no one righteous, not even one.'" Referring to Ecclesiastes 7:20.

Hmmm. Maybe that Google Machine would come in handy, once in a while, eh?
edit on 9Sun, 06 Jul 2014 09:04:58 -050014p092014766 by Gryphon66 because: EDIT 10:04

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Sorry, Jesus didn't perfect the Law, He was under the Law just like all the believers were....

Galatians 4:4-5, "But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law,"

But I guess that cant be taken literally though? Everything he taught was based off the Laws of Old... He did not have the authority to change those laws because he was under them himself...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sorry, Jesus didn't perfect the Law, He was under the Law just like all the believers were....

Jesus perfected the law. This is evident when he 'broke' the law to tell people not to stone each other to death, when he did miracles on the Sabbath, when he and the apostles harvested corn on the Sabbath, etc etc. Old Testament law is not binding on Christians. It never was. it was only ever binding on those to whom it was delivered—the Jews (Israelites)
Jesus Perfected The Law

Jesus taught the SPIRIT of the law ... not legalities of a 'god' who was trying to trick people into ending up in hell. The SPIRIT of the law - Jesus said - "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (Matt. 22:34-40)

Catholic Catechism - the solemnity of our Lord’s opening pronouncements and his clear intention of inaugurating a new religious movement make it necessary for him to explain his position with regard to the [Old Testament law]. He has not come to abrogate but to bring it to perfection, i.e. to reveal the full intention of the divine legislator. The sense of this "fulfilling" . . . is the total expression of God’s will in the old order . . . Far from dying . . . the old moral order is to rise to a new life, infused with a new spirit. (861)

Jesus perfects the dietary law - Mark 7:14-19

Jesus perfected the Sabbath law - Matt. 12:1-8, Matt. 16:19; 18:18

Jesus perfected the death penalty law - John 8:1-11

So according to you, Darknstormy, unless you follow Leviticus law .. you are going to hell. Do you shave your beard? Do you plant your garden with mixed seeds? Do you eat bacon? Do you fail to offer salt in your offerings to God? Do you let your hair become 'unkempt'?? Did you ever touch an insect with four legs? ... etc etc According to you, you are on your way to hell. Get the picture yet? Obviously those aren't from God. And to think god is going to send someone to hell because they plant a garden with mixed seeds .. that's absurd. Jesus PERFECTED the law .. threw out the nonsense and go to the spirit of the law ... Love God and Love Neighbor. That's it.

Silly Leviticus Laws that Humans Claimed Were From God but Really Obviously Were Not

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

He did not have the authority to change those laws because he was under them himself...

Of course he had the authority to change and perfect the laws. Matthew chapter 28 verse 18, Jesus said this, "All authority is given unto Me in heaven and in earth." He backed up his claim to have all authority from God by his miracles.

Others have claimed authorities or visions ... like Muhammad ... but they never backed up those claims. Jesus backed his claim to 'all authority' by the miracles he performed, miracles which included raising the dead.

THIS is the authority of Jesus - Philippians 2:10-11 - That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

THIS is authority of Jesus - Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

THIS is the authority of Jesus - Matthew 9:6-8 - But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

edit on 7/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
He changed nothing, He made manifold that which was known in part. Not one dot nor tittle...a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

He changed nothing, He made manifold that which was known in part. Not one dot nor tittle...

Dead wrong. I already showed how he perfected all the laws. He taught the SPIRIT of the law .. not stupid human legalities. And he had full authority to do so. I suggest you go back and re-read the posts.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Actually it comes from psalms 14:3. But you are right, it is paul quoting scripture here. I think the verse before, in Romans 13:9 answers every question for both sides in this "debate". Dont you agree?a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

He changed nothing, He made manifold that which was known in part. Not one dot nor tittle...

Dead wrong. I already showed how he perfected all the laws. He taught the SPIRIT of the law .. not stupid human legalities. And he had full authority to do so. I suggest you go back and re-read the posts.
i think you are just stuck on forcing an interpretation. Jesus taught he made manifest these truths that were misunderstood from the beginning. He only became the propitiation for all sin in spilling His blood as the lamb of God. That is where the law was satisfied. Never ever by our works, only His

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

a reply to: DarknStormy

Everything he taught was based off the Laws of Old... He did not have the authority to change those laws because he was under them himself...

Causes of Religious Confusion, Division, and Disagreement

some people try to prove their practices by the Old Testament, not knowing it has been removed by Christ and is no longer in effect (Rom. 7:2-6; Heb. 10:9,10; Gal. 3:24,25; Col. 2:14,16).

This page might be of help to you in understanding what you are engaging in here with FF, and how you are mistaken. In lots of ways.

edit on 7/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Applause please ladies and gentlemen!!

Well said my dear!

a reply to: manna2

He changed nothing, He made manifold that which was known in part. Not one dot nor tittle

He wasn't talking about the laws set by Moses.... He was talking about the law that has always been, and has never changed since the beginning of human history... The law of LOVE

He not only showed the way but provided the way through grace and the Holy Spirit.

Except he didn't teach anything about Grace... that was Paul who made that little twist in the meaning of the word

He only became the propitiation for all sin in spilling His blood as the lamb of God.

He was made the "lamb of God" by John... who changed the date of his execution to suit that meaning...

edit on 6-7-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Lol you just lost every bit of credibility with that post.
If the laws were written by men (they were) it means the laws are outdated and frankly wrong and immoral in today's society.
You have just proved it is mans law which condemns homosexuals and you choose to agree with it.
That = bigot.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join