It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not a Jew. I am not included in their covenant one way or another. Do you have a reference that applies to the rest of us?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Homophobic cults don't hold the monopoly on the word "religious".

Of course not, Homosexuality is just one of the issues, but at the same time, unlike you, religion doesn't promote Homosexuality and neither should so-called followers.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

People aren't born Gay.. They are born like everyone else is born. The decision to become a homosexual comes later in their life, are you trying to tell me that they have already decided in the womb? F**king bs, you people make me laugh.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed
People aren't born Gay..

Yes they are. Educate yourself.

are you trying to tell me that they have already decided in the womb? F**king bs, you people make me laugh.

The 'decision' for sexual orientation is made by the body.

Medical and psychological experts have put decades of research into the DSM-V. They decided back in 1973 that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation. It's different from the majority ... but it's a NORMAL VARIATION. Expected. Within norms. Research continues by the experts - including the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association.

Examples of normal variants -
10% of the population is left handed.
5% of the population is homo/bi sexual.
2% of the population has green eyes.
1% of men in the USA have freckles.

Huffington Post

A 1992 study showed that the anterior commissure, a smaller connection between the brain’s two hemispheres, is larger in homosexual men than in straight men.

Science Magazine - A difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men

The anterior hypothalamus of the brain participates in the regulation of male-typical sexual behavior. The volumes of four cell groups in this region [interstitial nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus (INAH) 1, 2, 3, and 4] were measured in postmortem tissue from three subject groups: women, men who were presumed to be heterosexual, and homosexual men. No differences were found between the groups in the volumes of INAH 1, 2, or 4. As has been reported previously, INAH 3 was more than twice as large in the heterosexual men as in the women. It was also, however, more than twice as large in the heterosexual men as in the homosexual men. This finding indicates that INAH is dimorphic with sexual orientation, at least in men, and suggests that sexual orientation has a biological substrate.

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects

Cerebral responses to putative pheromones and objects of sexual attraction were recently found to differ between homo- and heterosexual subjects. Although this observation may merely mirror perceptional differences, it raises the intriguing question as to whether certain sexually dimorphic features in the brain may differ between individuals of the same sex but different sexual orientation. We addressed this issue by studying hemispheric asymmetry and functional connectivity, two parameters that in previous publications have shown specific sex differences. Ninety subjects [25 heterosexual men (HeM) and women (HeW), and 20 homosexual men (HoM) and women (HoW)] were investigated with magnetic resonance volumetry of cerebral and cerebellar hemispheres. Fifty of them also participated in PET measurements of cerebral blood flow, used for analyses of functional connections from the right and left amygdalae. HeM and HoW showed a rightward cerebral asymmetry, whereas volumes of the cerebral hemispheres were symmetrical in HoM and HeW. No cerebellar asymmetries were found. Homosexual subjects also showed sex-atypical amygdala connections. In HoM, as in HeW, the connections were more widespread from the left amygdala; in HoW and HeM, on the other hand, from the right amygdala. Furthermore, in HoM and HeW the connections were primarily displayed with the contralateral amygdala and the anterior cingulate, in HeM and HoW with the caudate, putamen, and the prefrontal cortex. The present study shows sex-atypical cerebral asymmetry and functional connections in homosexual subjects. The results cannot be primarily ascribed to learned effects, and they suggest a linkage to neurobiological entities.

Sexual orientation and the size of the anterior commissure in the human brain

The anterior commissure, a fiber tract that is larger in its midsagittal area in women than in men, was examined in 90 postmortem brains from homosexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women. The midsagittal plane of the anterior commissure in homosexual men was 18% larger than in heterosexual women and 34% larger than in heterosexual men. This anatomical difference, which correlates with gender and sexual orientation, may, in part, underlie differences in cognitive function and cerebral lateralization among homosexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women. Moreover, this finding of a difference in a structure not known to be related to reproductive functions supports the hypothesis that factors operating early in development differentiate sexually dimorphic structures and functions of the brain, including the anterior commissure and sexual orientation, in a global fashion.

Stress during pregnancy results in higher numbers of homosexual births.
Brain Development and Sexual Orientation

Psychology U of C

In a review of published scientific studies and archival data, Ford and Beach (1951) found that homosexual behavior was widespread among various nonhuman species and in a large number of human societies. They reported that homosexual behavior of some sort was considered normal and socially acceptable for at least some individuals in 64% of the 76 societies in their sample; in the remaining societies, adult homosexual activity was reported to be totally absent, rare, or carried on only in secrecy.

Unaware of each subject's sexual orientation, two independent Rorschach experts evaluated the men's overall adjustment using a 5-point scale. They classified two-thirds of the heterosexuals and two-thirds of the homosexuals in the three highest categories of adjustment. When asked to identify which Rorschach protocols were obtained from homosexuals, the experts could not distinguish respondents' sexual orientation at a level better than chance.

A third expert used the TAT and MAPS protocols to evaluate the psychological adjustment of the men. As with the Rorschach responses, the adjustment ratings of the homosexuals and heterosexuals did not differ significantly.

Hooker concluded from her data that homosexuality is not a clinical entity and that homosexuality is not inherently associated with psychopathology

edit on 7/4/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You know, i dont think its reading comprehension that is your problem. I think you are naturally dishonest. I havent equated them, you have. I was quick to express gays are sinners just as me and others. You mentioned projection, good. You are good at it. I mention pederasts because they are the ones waiting in the wings for these laws. They are the real power brokers. You are being used by them vor these laws.that really should be obvious.

my you can be exhausting with your need to redefine dialogue for your personal dishonest rants. You make claims i say and do things but its you that say and do them and claim its me. You brought no science to the table for instance. You made scientific claims, got called out on it, ran and did a google and posted a google search results for your support. How old are you?a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You resort to lies quite easily. A sign of weak character. You probably lose friends much easier and quicker than you can make them. Its a really bad social trait you are cursed with. Google is a bad teacher it seems. a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2

originally posted by: drivers1492
a reply to: manna2

Hmmmm my cousin and HER wife are christians. Some of the most straight up god loving people I know. Perhaps you might consider saying the its your opinion they aren't instead of insisting your correct.
ok, what society club do they belong too? Buzzy has a thread for you to read through. Here is where most get confused. We do not judge the world, Yah does. But we as Christians have all rights bestowed upon us to be salt and preserve truth and if you claim you are a Christian then you are to be judged by all Christians using the Word for reproof. Its in the rules. Didnt you get the memo? If you do un Christ like things and do them in His name and call it good. You, or they are not Christian and we are not to even fellowship with them till they repent and turn from their error. Everyone feels free to go off script in these discussions always pleading to emotion.

That would be the concern of others not mine when it comes to judging I'm not a christian. They love god, others and make an honest effort to live their lives like the bible teaches folks to live. They raise their 2 kids in the same manner.

As far as pleading emotion, I'm sure many do but I haven't. Your interpretation of the text isn't the same as others and you can make no honest claim to be correct. You can have your opinion. In order for you to make the case in your favor you have to actually "know", and unless your a prophet of sorts, another heavenly being, or a manifestation of god, you cannot make that claim. That doesn't mean that you're wrong though anymore than it makes you right.

My personal reading of the bible when it comes to christians judging other christians in almost all instances refers to a congregation and those you are personally in contact with. It doesn't appear to be a blanket statement. If you use a little common sense when applying it you realize that if you met my cousin on the street and were verbally judgmental of her and her wife do you honestly think that you have accomplished anything? No, because you don't know them, and being critical of someone you don't know is counterproductive. You would think that god has pretty god insight into the human psyche yes? A person responds to criticism to people that know them no to strangers. Perhaps(I might be wrong) you should consider that when chastising others.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So your evidence shows what i have been stating. "Neurons that fire together, stay together" it even influences the size of different pats of the brain. Just as those that over eat. a reply to: FlyersFan
I found a thread from another poster that I found truly informational. The thread deserved more attention but

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With regard to nature, so far no “gay genes” have been found, but the researcher Simon Levay (who is himself gay) discovered that a particular area in the hypothalamus called the INAH3, which appears to regulate sexual arousal, is smaller in gay men (resembling the size in woman) while in heterosexual men it is twice the size. 

This doesn’t prove that homosexuality is “genetic”, because we don’t know if this is a cause or an effect of homosexual proclivities: as pointed out before, the brain is plastic. In london cabbies, for example, researchers found that compared with bus drivers, taxi drivers had greater gray matter volume in mid-posterior hippocampi and less volume in anterior hippocampi. Link. They deduced that this was the result of years of navigational experience which produced a great deal of spatial knowledge about Londons complicated street systems. 

On the nurture side of the equation, researchers have noted the power of FEAR (in Panksepps language, these subcotical action systems energize our conscious experiences, and so, is the engine behind experience dependent plasticity) in energizing plastic development in directions that the FEAR system is cognitively and socially correlated with. In brain language, the subcortical FEAR pathways become strongly associated with upper limbic (insula, anterior cingulate) and neocortical areas (prefrontal cortex) which process emotions related to self, identity and preference. 

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Correct. It's well established that there are physical elements and that orientation isn't a 'decision'. A case can be made that SOME homosexual orientations are the result of life events. But even in those cases, it's still not a 'choice' decision. So Darknstormy is wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
But i did not approach them to judge them nor would i. You brought them to the discussion and claimed they are christians. You used them as fodder to make a point. I addressed them in the context of the point you made. I interact well socially with all people. I dont go running around with signs. I am very libertarian minded and walk the walk. I dont know these people other than what you shared of them. So as a fruit inspector, the tree bears bad fruit. Based on your info. I do not condone sin for anyone no matter the emotional strings attached.a reply to: drivers1492

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Correct. It's well established that there are physical elements and that orientation isn't a 'decision'. A case can be made that SOME homosexual orientations are the result of life events. But even in those cases, it's still not a 'choice' decision. So Darknstormy is wrong.
the biggest factor by far is the depleted male role models in western society. Add to that the SATURATION of our food and water with synthetic hormones and endocrine disruptors that change the chemical make-up so drasticaly we have to wonder whats next? Chimeras? It is starting to look like its all in the brain. Yes, genetics play a role. For instance because of chemicals in todays culture many women gain allergies that they pass onto their next gen children. So now we have people hyper-sensitive and allergies and reactions non existant years ago are now common place. Peanuts for instance. Nobody was allergic to peanuts when i was a kid.

Btw, of course it is a decision. But I agree, its a tough road for some. They have been inundated with culture and environmental poisoning that looks intentional where generations are being groomed and experimented on to further an agenda. I dont see too many accidents. Its much more design than misguided science.
edit on 4-7-2014 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
But i did not approach them to judge them nor would i. You brought them to the discussion and claimed they are christians. You used them as fodder to make a point. I addressed them in the context of the point you made. I interact well socially with all people. I dont go running around with signs. I am very libertarian minded and walk the walk. I dont know these people other than what you shared of them. So as a fruit inspector, the tree bears bad fruit. Based on your info. I do not condone sin for anyone no matter the emotional strings attached.a reply to: drivers1492

According to your words

if you claim you are a Christian then you are to be judged by all Christians using the Word for reproof. Its in the rules. Didnt you get the memo?

Your statement places you in the position to judge any christian, yet you say you wouldn't. Why not, it's in the rules and memo correct? I brought them to the discussion as an example of people who do identify as christian and strive to live as such. I'm not sure why you keep referring to emotional attachments since it isn't relevant to any part of the discussion. I made clear the the biblical references to judgement of other christians which in context would put you outside a judgement making circle. Making that distinction when discussing such things shows you understand what is taught in the bible but you didn't do that until it was brought up.

So my question to all of this is do you feel that the bible, in context, teaches christians to judge all other christians or does it teach to judge within their circle, or congregation, church, neighbor, however you want to state it. If you do agree with my stance would it not be wise to make that clear for others when reading about such things so they do not misunderstand the scripture and in turn practice in an inappropriate way?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why would it set off a fire storm? First of all, as a Baptist, I can tell you that the word Baptist doesn't mean what it used to. There are a lot of very liberal Baptist churches out there, and they are already well known for the most part by the more traditional and conservative Baptist churches, so this will come as no surprise. Also, just because a church uses the word Baptist in their name does not make them Baptist... for example see Westboro Baptist Church... they aren't Baptist at all, they are a cult. As the world gets closer and closer to the end, and by end I mean the "Day of the Lord", we will see more and more apostasy like this, so get used to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here are a couple of great quotes from the Pastor of this church that prove that not all Christians are backward and hateful, but are truly embodying the words of their Savior:

“All of God’s children are equal; we have to obey our conscience.”

“150 years ago the issue was slavery. 100 years ago it was women. Today, I’m excited to be in a point of time where it has to do with persons who are gay and lesbian. The same words, the same vows that we ask of our other sex couples who marry, we’re going to ask of these same-sex couples.”

Reference (provided only for those that are not pathologically terrified of facts or "the Google machine")

Raw Story article

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: Cuervo

Homophobic cults don't hold the monopoly on the word "religious".

Of course not, Homosexuality is just one of the issues, but at the same time, unlike you, religion doesn't promote Homosexuality and neither should so-called followers.

You totally missed what was saying. Some of you guys keep using the word "religious" like it only means your specific brands of cults.

I am very religious yet me and most people on similar paths as mine have no problems with two people of the same gender marrying.

My point was that the word "religious" covers much more than your myopic path. Words mean things and that word doesn't mean what you think it does.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Theologically speaking, this Pastor's first quote is very wrong. He is one of the many misinformed and ignorant who believes that ALL people are God's children. This is just simply not true. As we clearly see in John 1:1-14...

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The only people on Earth who are considered Children of God are those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Period. As a Pastor, this apostate false teacher should know this basic theological truth.
edit on 4-7-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I realize that many believe that their understanding and interpretation of the Bible is the only one that matters.

The problem really kicks in because the Bible is internally self-contradictory.

The Apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 3:26-28 that:

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So here, faith is the criteria for being a child of God ... belief in Jesus, in other words.

Romans 8:14 ... "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God."

Jesus Christ, as the story goes, took the sins of the whole world, past, present and future, on his shoulders on the Cross and PAID for those sins. Jesus didn't say "I'm only doing this for those who believe a certain way." The price was paid, hell was emptied, we're all returned to right standing with the Father ... isn't that how it goes?

Belief is a matter that can be decided ONLY between an individual and their God.

Anyone else who comments on it is just declaring their own, often rather malicious, belief.

So, this Pastor is giving humanity the benefit of the doubt, I guess. It's a great sentiment anyway.

Again, it's all bunkum to me and arguments of this type are equivalent to "who would win in a fist-fight, Superman or the Hulk or the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy?"

... also, claiming the context thing or the need to have special magical abilities to truly understand what the Book says is also bunk ... it either means what it says in every location, or, it's imperfect and flawed.

/shrug

edit on 11Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:51:33 -050014p112014766 by Gryphon66 because: Words

edit on 11Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:53:19 -050014p112014766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I didnt know you actually concluded you were in a club, membership card and all. Since you consider your club works based we can only give you christian cult status.

Don't know much about the history of Christianity, do ya?

I didn't conclude I'm in "your club" - and frankly, I'd want no part of it anyway.

Yeah, I'm in a "cult," though - the one called "NONE."

Your posts are so full of it I can hardly believe you're on this site at all. News flash: self-righteous, hateful, bigoted, and narrow-minded are not "superior" qualities.

edit on 7/4/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

No, you support Homosexuals and Christianity doesn't.. The math is pretty easy.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
God money we'll do anything for you.

God money just tell me what to do.

edit on 4-7-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join