It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zer0megAlpha
As excited and giddy as I am now, I'm afraid of what's to come when their lab will "mysteriously" be burned to the ground. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
You won't be wrong I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

A beam is focused using an array of projecting antenna and is directed to a receiving antenna situated down in the valley
(From your source that this site's horrible wysiwyg can't link to)

This is not at all the same technology. I'm not familiar enough to explain to you the difference (I don't fully understand it), but I'm pretty certain it isn't just concentrated microwaves. As you said, we've had that technology for a long time.

I was planning to give a demonstration in the transmission of power which I have so perfected that power can be transmitted clear across the globe with a loss of not more than five percent

Nikola Tesla

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

as far as inherent dangers with scalar technology or zero point energy (even that name has changed) aren't you limited by the engineering, insofar as blowing up the world? we would prettymuch do things the way we do now sans pollution and raping the planet by disrupting her innards. We could sustain a much higher population globally and bring clean food and water to everyone. people could sustain themselves locally and the Earth killing/people killing way of life would be over.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

If presented as a UPGRADE to/for the species and not another tax based agenda, this is a GREAT Job from the RUSSIAN land mass brethren

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just some thoughts from my side. As unfortunately most of what is said about Tesla on the net is simply not correct.
To everyone interested in Tesla's work: Please read the original articles from Tesla himself and not some nutty interpretation from the net.

I think much of the misunderstanding from people reading Tesla is based on poor electrical knowledge coupled with an expecting biased view.
Like that people interprete complete wrong things into Tesla's words. E.g. Lyne is a famous example. If you take the parts, he cites about Tesla mentioned the Anti-Grav or OU, you clearly recognize that Tesla meant something completely different, and only someone without knowledge in (HV) electronics can interpret it that way.
Like Lyne with his generator many people seem to think, that if you accumulate energy in an oscillator, that you get OU.
"Look, there's now more energy in the oscillator, than the input energy". But they do not seem to realize that this is just accumulated energy, and that you cannot get continuous output energy with such a high power. Many of the QEG supporters also seem to make this error."

Just ask yourself:
Tesla proposed to transmit energy from all around the globe to where it shall be used, with his magnifying transmitter. But he himself stated, that now such transmitting towers can be built directly at the power plants. Like that power plants, like water, geothermic, wind, ... can be built everywhere on the world, where they are economic and you just have to place such a tower beside it to transmit it globally.

Why should he propose transmitting energy with his tower from conventional power plants, if he had any OU device???
Tesla surely thought and speculated, that maybe it is possible to make an OU device.
But actually Tesla never said, he had made an OU device.
Well except for one exception. And as from his description of this invention it is clear, what it was: A heat pump. And yes, a heat pump is OU. But not the type of OU we want.
You must be aware, that at Tesla's time it wasn't yet known, that some types of energy are less "in quality" than others. That's the reason, why you cannot make a self looping device from a heat pump. As any conversion back to mechanical energy from the heat pump OU heat difference has a reciprocal efficiency that equals or is less than the heat pump efficiency for generating the temp difference.

Back to the "Wireless transmission of energy":

IMHO it is actually quite forward how the tower(s) should have worked, as Tesla explained it several times in several different articles.
(e.g. this article: www.tfcbooks.com...
a nice comparison picture can also be seen in this article: teslacollection.com... f_energy
and obviously also in a subchapter of the famous "THE PROBLEM OF INCREASING HUMAN ENERGY")

(there are actually a lot of articles describing his system, this was just a small sample. But I guess you all know them anyway...)

The principle was simple. He recognized that the earth was an electrical conductor. And that you could therefore create standing waves on it, so that somewhere else you could again connect a receiver to it.

How good this would really work in reality is still an open question. But I strongly guess the losses would be terrible...

It is obvious that such a system would need a very good electrical connection to the earth, and even Tesla himself stated how important the earthing of the tower was to get a good grip to the earth. He went down about 30m 'til groundwater and from there he went out on 4 sides and drove 12 steel shafts almost a further 100m down into the earth. Although he stated in the later court trial it were 16, later sonic measurements only showed 4*3=12 of them. Still impressive. He made a special device to drive these steel shafts down...

IMHO the history is quite obvious (but that's just my 2 cents):

To have the most impression on the earth capacitor you need to oscillate a lot of energy (as much as possible). So what you want is a resonator with a very high q factor.

But Tesla had to recognize that in a normal "Tesla coil" the lose coupling between the secondary and the primary was still limiting the q factor, for the primary circuit still damped the secondary circuit.
Additionally the lose coupling is a big problem if you want to couple a lot of energy continuously, what was intended for a running transmission system.

Both these problems are solved with a magnifier system:
* Very high q factor.
Simply because the extra coil as main resonator hasn't any inductive coupling to another circuit, so no energy get's coupled again out of the resonator.
* Very high Power-Coupling
Simply because you have a very high coupling between the primary and the secondary. Like that in each period a lot of energy can be coupled into the resonator. The important thing here is, that the secondary impedance is very small compared to the extra coil.

That's why he used as primary/secondary a coil with big diameter and only very few turns secondary.

Sure, there is some coupling out through the secondary, as the secondary is obviously also part of the resonator. But this is why it is important that the impedance of the secondary is very small, for then only a marginal part again get's coupled out of the resonator into the primary.

The funny thing is, almost all the magnifier constructions I saw on the net are IMHO not magnifier constructions. There they often feed the output of one Tesla coil to another Tesla coil. But this again just limits the power and is not the idea of this construction.

This was the setup he used at Colorado Springs. But even there he realized, that this system would not be good enough for transmission, as the resonating energy is still too small.
So he came up with another idea. Mainly to have a second completely free oscillator which gets top fed by the usual magnifier construction. This setup can be seen in the "rare notes" from Tesla.
This free oscillator would not have any coupling anymore to another circuit except for the top feeding. But as the topload of the free oscillator is very big, the energy accumulated in the free oscillator would be enormous for the same voltage as the energy in the magnifier construction feeding the free oscillator.

But, as said, I have my serious doubts if this transmission system would really have worked, as IMHO the losses would probably have been quite big...
But that's surely just a guess...

But back to the project of the russians. As explained, this system must have an extremely good connection to earth to function properly. I do not see, that the russians are planning to do this. Additionally the resonator must have an enormous amount of energy oscillating to have a big enough impact on the earth. And honestly: the planned tower from the russians is IMHO waaaayyy too small to have any usable effective impact on the earth to be usably as a power transmitter.
The problem is: This idea doesn't really work in small scale...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
BTW:
Often it is said that the evil J.P. Morgan crashed Tesla's plan of a FE tower as he egoistically wanted to continue selling his power.

Nothing could be more far away from the truth.

J.P. Morgen wanted a way to communicate with his transport ships on sea and his divisions in other countries. This would have been a huge economic advantage for him.
And Tesla said, he could do that with his tower.
So Morgan gave him the money to make the tower.
But then after some time Marconi made his first transatlantic transmission. Then Morgen wanted to have a serious talk with Tesla, why he made such a large and expensive tower, while Marconi does the same just with a simple and cheap setup.

Tesla then had to admit, that his tower wasn't just for communication with e.g. the ships but at the same time also for power transmission, e.g. to power these ships.
The obvious immediate question which came back from Morgan: If my ships can receive this power, then what prevents others to receive that power?
There Tesla then had to admit, that this would have been possible and unpreventable. But as Morgan would have had to pay for the power, which has to be fed into the tower, and as you cannot put a meter on the receivers as anyone on the world can put up a receiver, the project was surely a complete "no go" for Morgan anymore, and has been abandoned.

So no conspiracy here, just true logic. Also no free energy here. Well it's the same kind of free energy as if you tap your neighbours' power line. Just someone else has to pay for it...(but it's free energy for you ;D )

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
This would be totally awesome if it works.

At the 2014 Energy Science & Technology Conference, two people who have studied the work of Tesla, research engineers Jim Murray and Paul Babcock, gave a joint presentation.

Apparently the presentation included a demonstration of a working model of Tesla’s magnifying transmitter, and it is alleged that it increases input power by 4790 %.

edit on 07/18/14 by Mary Rose because: Spacing

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Apparently the presentation included a demonstration of a working model of Tesla’s magnifying transmitter, and it is alleged that it increases input power by 4790 %.

As has been said on and on in this thread. The Magnifying Transmitter is not and has never been anything which outputs more power than one does put into. Also Tesla never said or claimed anything like that!

Such allegedly OU claims always come from people having no clue of standard electronics. This is exactly the same you see from the QEG people.
They accumulate energy in an oscillator and then think they have OU. Which is (unfortunately) pure nonsense...
edit on 18-7-2014 by hulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose
That sounds fantastic but is it true? I can't believe them.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hulli
Such allegedly OU claims always come from people having no clue of standard electronics.

The electronics they do is not standard.

There is another thread on their work - "Switched Energy Resonance/Magnetic Energy Recovery."

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I guess this is a diy book / cd and if it doesn't work, tough luck you are doing something wrong. Why don't they make working units and sell them, I wonder.
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Why don't they make working units and sell them, I wonder.

That's a logical question so it probably can't be applied to their 'work'. Besides, what market would there be for a device that could only magnify energy by 4790% ?

Also selling devices could lead to profit and that's evil. These guys don't seem to be interested in profit, I think they just need funding.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lol. Had to say, that's a nice one
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The electronics they do is not standard.

Lol, and how do you know that???
Do they use some mysterious components, which had to be made during full moon by a virgin?

It is obvious what is going on here. Again people, not knowing even basics in electronic circuitry are fascinated by not so common resonating circuits and derive completely wrong conclusions.
Why they don't sell it? For this OU is just a interpretation error, a measurement wrongly interpreted.
They would never even be able to even self loop this (100% efficiency).

As I said: It's exactly the same error, the QEG people make. And they also will never be able to self loop, as their generator hardly shows a bit more than 30% efficiency...

Honestly, for everyone even just understanding basics of resonant circuits, this is just ridiculous...
The interpretation error they make is so obvious and typical for laymen.

Unfortunately this is too often seen on the net eating up people's attention, and diverting people from stuff, which would really be interesting.
edit on 24-7-2014 by hulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I was just going to post about this but I found this post instead.

I figured you all might like to know that sadly it didn't reach its funding goal but they are planing to go ahead and run tests on a smaller model soon. They are also in discussions with private investors to fund a large scale tower as tesla envisioned, so hopefully there will be some good news in the near future!

For anyone interested in the blueprints for the re-imagined tower check out the link below.

globalenergytransmission.com...
edit on 9/11/2014 by constant_thought because: link failure

<< 1  2  3   >>

join