It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Festering Anger and Conversation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am writing this post because of all the negativity I see spewing from the members of ATS.

So much of today’s important topics are dominated by the emotions of those involved, and the decisions derived from those emotions are often subject to pitfalls.

Some of the most talked about topics of our modern age are homosexual rights, abortion rights, religion, taxation, governmental shifts, etc. Each of these topics has equal merit, and must be discussed for our social evolution to move forward.

Unfortunately, human nature brings about unstable elements that cloud the minds of men and women alike. These elements are inherent to every person in the world, from every walk of life, religion, and creed; robbing mankind of our most precious gift – intelligent reasoning.

Anger

Passion

Hate

Lust

These four things are just a few of the negative aspects of human nature – each one has had its hand in instigating wars, fights, arguments, and hostilities. Each of these negative emotions is spawned in the realm of selfishness.

While discussing the important issues of the times it is imperative that you still your mind, think with calm reasoning, and attempt to empathize with your opponent.

In order to better understand any intellectual or philosophical opponents you must empathize; only after seeing their viewpoints can your mind gain the clarity it needs to reason properly.

When you let anger enter your mind you allow the manse of your mind to be divided between negative emotions, and true reasoning; a house divided cannot stand.

But just because you empathize with an individual does not mean you have to agree with them. Empathy, despite misconception, allows you to maintain your own individuality while contemplating another.

Remember – we are all suffering in this life, some greater than others. That suffering can unite us if we allow it, can be the glue that unites two halves, and can also be a catalyst for change.

edit on 3-7-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Each of these topics has equal merit,

No they don't, imo.

Some of those flames are fanned by the media to bigger fires than they need to be. If you understand their desire to divide and rule, then why pour more gasoline on their fire?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I hope when others see this post that they not only read it.........but they hear it.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Each of these topics has equal merit,

No they don't, imo.

Some of those flames are fanned by the media to bigger fires than they need to be. If you understand their desire to divide and rule, then why pour more gasoline on their fire?

Because you do not see them as having equal merit - you have missed the point of this exercise in empathy.

One subject to you may not seem that important, while to another person it means everything. If you employ empathy, then something which wasn't important to you before suddenly matters.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have to disagree . there are things we should be legitimately angry about .Never mind the propaganda that pushes us this way or that , there is some very legitimate reasons for anger .

Passion is something that is very good and can have many benefits that derive from someones passion for their work or cause .Yes some causes are nefarious but passion is like our eye site .It probably should be held in check instead of being voyeuristic .

Hate is sometimes mixed up with dislike but I do hate that I am not as good as a person as I could be at times .And that my ability to apply myself seems to be limited .

Lust for what ? It always starts out as love making and then turns into lust .Lust for things and power is a big deal and has some very negative consequences associated with it .But I have 3 beautiful sons because of it . Oh ,what to do . I have become undone ... Sorry for my mini rant on your thread ,please don't hate me. :>) a reply to: MentorsRiddle

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I have to disagree . there are things we should be legitimately angry about .Never mind the propaganda that pushes us this way or that , there is some very legitimate reasons for anger .

Passion is something that is very good and can have many benefits that derive from someones passion for their work or cause .Yes some causes are nefarious but passion is like our eye site .It probably should be held in check instead of being voyeuristic .

Hate is sometimes mixed up with dislike but I do hate that I am not as good as a person as I could be at times .And that my ability to apply myself seems to be limited .

Lust for what ? It always starts out as love making and then turns into lust .Lust for things and power is a big deal and has some very negative consequences associated with it .But I have 3 beautiful sons because of it . Oh ,what to do . I have become undone ... Sorry for my mini rant on your thread ,please don't hate me. :>) a reply to: MentorsRiddle

I think you have not understood the nature of this post.

There are many things in life to get angry about. I get angry every day.

What I am referring to is political, religious, and other intellectual conversations, etc.

You see, if someone has a clever agenda and is trying to push it on you - they are depending on your anger and emotions to fuel your stupidity. The more angry you get, and less empathetically minded you are, the more you will succumb to their agendas.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree with you .The fact that people invest in these things and become passionate about them does make them vulnerable through emotions . One can never be too calm when things get hot .We have all suffered from it and likely will again . a reply to: MentorsRiddle

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Empathy is a fine thing and is helpful in some certain situations. But in others it just gets in the way. That's why Justice is portrayed as being blindfolded. It is supposed to apply the laws equally to one and all regardless of their condition in life.

Further, having a miserable childhood does not affect the truth or falsity of a syllogism.

Use empathy when it is appropriate to the goal, but not otherwise.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I shall think about it, glitch..........................are we talking about gov crap again? Might have posted in the wrong topic channel lol.

No. As much as is sounds good it leave one dreaming afterwards what They Wanted to do. Sure, it is nice to listen to go about looking at all angles before speaking. Taking a deep breath, pausing, regrouping oneself that sort of thing. Still you even wonder why doing this when somehow one just knows being Nice is how the World plays things off.

Take anger, being nice all the time leads to blowing up later, going Way Overboard since you held back an anger that was small at the time. Hate. Darn right I Hate some #! Some Actions in this World are allowed to Play as they do because of this #! Hate is just another word people use anyway to not have to deal with something anyways! Things happen we all do not like; rather then get to Hating it. Take care of it, and its over.

Passion, most of the time, this word means one having it actually Works in Creating it themselves! Sure might be some flaws, Yet if People would start having some things might not be as they are in their lives! Last, always save the good stuff for the end lol

Everybody has Lust, see someone on the street and Oh Boy! Just a Thought, should be considered normal unless you happen to be Looking over the Other side of your Fence! Explains people who haven't Learned How to Plant their Own Grass in Their Yard! Took the easy way, if one asks me. Them are the people never to be Trusted!

As told, most follow a set of words handed down so most will behave, stay in tune with the rest of the Group. Then when looking at the group as a whole, its a mess! 1/2 half can not sleep at night, 1/4 are either drinking way to much and the rest have Pills in order to enjoy Live.

With any emotions, thoughts it is better to say/do as one feels at the time. So you go way overboard, looks to be a problem you won't work on or just plain way to Nice about it. All it does is end up eating at you since Truth be told, One Has to be this way to fit in with the world views.

Lets look at How the world is now! Warped!

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Because you do not see them as having equal merit - you have missed the point of this exercise in empathy.

You started this thread complaining about anger displayed by "other members" on these subjects. Now its an exercise in empathy? Imo, you just want to bicker.

Have fun.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

edit on 3-7-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hm, anger? The way i see it the opposite is the problem. People are NOT angry enough. They don't care anymore and they perceive injustices end evil as something "normal". Just a century ago there would have been revolutions over much less than what's happening in today's "civilized" world. WTF would it take for people to actually get angry?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Great topic that I've pondered a lot.

Another conservative forum I was on . . . about as big or bigger than ATS in terms of membership . . . one of the very high ranking principals . . . noted that I was a "hate magnet." i.e. that for some reason, my posting style, my personality--whatever combination--seemed to fiercely attract hateful attitudes and responses.

That's true on ATS, as well.

Thankfully, there are some on the opposite side of the fence toward me. LOL.

But the polarizing effect has been a sobering fact of my life over most of my 60+ years. And the last decade or so, it has become more intense.

I think it is because of spiritual factors. And I think those same factors are driving so much of the intense emotionality on the net and on ATS.

In my case, I've had folks walk into a cocktail party who have never met nor known me--take one look at me and walk out the door and never return to the party.

Sometimes, I've walked into a room and even without saying anything, the emotionality in the discussion intensified markedly.

I seem to trigger folks categorizing me in stereotypic ways that may well have NOTHING AT ALL (of any significance) to do with me as an individual. But suddenly, I'm cast by other posters as the POSTER CHILD of their most hated religion; philosophy, perspective.

And their seething hostility instantly flames into a bonfire that seems to know no limits--often--on ATS, merely because I've said anything--however mild, on the thread.

Certainly I'm a forceful writer and don't tend to roll over instantly and play dead to every fool thing anyone says. Nevertheless, I don't engage in PERSONHOOD, PERSONALLY ASSAULTIVE insults. I'm not above insulting ideas, perspectives or habits. LOL.

Yet, I attract . . . probably the MOST personally assaultive posts and attacks that I've observed on ATS. Sometimes, it's incredible as well as incredibly mystifying--unless one factors in the spiritual dimension.

OF COURSE, ATTACHMENT DISORDER junk from childhood is a HUGE factor in hate, attacks, assaults, hostility, unbridled lust . . . and their expression beyond the bonds of civility.

I agree with THE2OFUSR1 that PASSION is a priceless thing of great benefit when originating out of honorable inner centers and governed by honorable values.

However, Passionate hate can be incredibly destructive.

Unbridled Hate and hostility, imho, always have a root in the unresolved inner conflicts of childhood.

Certainly we can most all hate child and animal abuse instantly and fiercely.

But hate which is seething, chronic, unrelenting, instantly flashable, haughty, . . . that comes from inner hideousness, hurts, conflicts which have never been resolved. And, usually, unforgiveness, bitterness, resentment are wrapped up in the tangled knots inside, as well.

I believe that the forces of evil are doing their utmost within and without every individual possible to cause hurt, discord, hostility, conflict, war, destruction on every corner, in every relationship, in every way.

Some of us give-in to such evil pressures within and without more easily and more fully than others.

Striking out fiercely against someone who reminds us of an abusive parent; a harsh, hated teacher . . . can be almost an instantaneous reflex for too many.

On top of that is a world obviously going to hell in a handbasket. Government is saturated with evil individuals hell-bent on evil goals--particularly at the top. Individuals feel trapped, helpless and too often hopeless.

Given the churning angst underneath the surface of most individuals, it's almost a miracle that more conflict hasn't occurred more dramatically already--just as the globalist oligarchy is pushing for and building toward.

Patience is in short supply.

There are few constructive options. Most folks know the One's I advocate so I won't belabor those.

Certainly EMPATHY is also in short supply and rarely very robust.

The practice of EMPATHY is very admirable, constructive and even life saving.

And, yet, as has been stated, empathy does NOT = agreement.

Many posters on ATS will continue to remain SEETHINGLY HOSTILE AND ASSAULTIVE unless and until the other party totally capitulates and agrees with the hostile one. THAT'S UTTER CHILDISH NONSENSE. Such folks need many hours of therapy--particularly group therapy.

We have an opportunity hereon to refine our better qualities in relationship dialogues. Many, instead, seem intent on amplifying their outrageous angst, hostility, hate, spears, clubs and arrows. They fail to appreciate sufficiently that THEY WILL reap all the sowing of such.

I don't have a handy, one-size-fits-all solution.

I think earnestly working every post . . . every sentence . . . to be civil and AS HEARABLE as possible, is a crucial task worth genuinely applying ourselves to.

I certainly think that PRACTICING EMPATHY bears a great harvest in our hearts, in our lives, in our person, in our relationships.

It can help a lot on ATS.

It doesn't seem to mollify those who are bone-marrow arrogantly hostile out of a great seething cauldron of childhood attachment disorder.

But it can help a lot with those who are typically angry but with more control over it.

Anyway--thanks for the thread. Well worth pondering.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Dear BO XIAN,

May I say that your post frightened me? There is no anger involved here, but you've opened the door to a new thought for me. The fact that there are posters who show me new ways of thinking is probably why I stay on ATS.

I think it is because of spiritual factors.

Forgive me if I babble here, I'm not sure how to express it.

The Visitation comes to mind, when John in Elizabeth's womb leapt for joy at the presence of Mary and the unborn Jesus. I see no reason why Satan and his servants would not recognize each other in a similar way.

Have we come to the place where sides have been chosen so definitely and completely that more individuals are being recognized as clearly servants of God or servants of the Destroyer?

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.
While I know that specifically refers to Jesus, may we also take it to include His followers?

Is this hatred for good and for love the foundation for Armageddon? I don't necessarily mean the military battle, but the war between the two camps, Hate and Love. And why is the conflict reaching new heights now? Could it be that some individuals are simply more sensitive to the spiritual struggle, or is it becoming more of a pronounced struggle which anyone can observe?

BO XIAN, I thank you for the fear you have introduced because it is swept away by an even greater hope.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I was only going to read your post and not comment because I need to get things ready for dinner and guests tonight.

HOWEVER, your post brought me to tears.

Literally.

Yeah. INDEED.

I think you put your finger on it and articulated it far better than I did.

LIKE RESONATES WITH LIKE.

And the arrogantly insecure and angry, hurt, conflicted bullies strike out at the weak . . .

or the loving . . . daring the loving to love them still.

And The Loving did love them still . . . hanging there, on that horrid Tree . . . that tree that He had, essentially, created.

I don't measure up by far. But I have learned, by His Grace, to love my enemies.

That may mean some tough love taps upside the metaphorical side of the head with a verbal 2 X 4 . . . however.

I think your more important point is that the battle is spiritual and LIKE RESONATES WITH LIKE.

And the darkness is angry and hell-bent on destruction--almost--exclusively.

These are the times when the Manual has some conflicting exhortations . . .

when . . . 'the good hide themselves' . . .

and yet we are also called to be leaders and martyrs and shelters in the storm . . . and shoulders to cry on . . . and even fodder . . . as at the stake centuries ago . . . .

in terms of ATS . . . all we can be is broken bread and poured out wine . . . holding up a standard while admitting we also fail miserably . . . and loving as best we can, as empathetically as we can . . . as bleedingly as we must.

top topics

join