It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Chemical God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Lately i have ran into the thought presented by non believers that because their is chemicals and responses involved in our existance that it somehow negates the existance of GOD. I do not believe that and long before that band wagon started i realized that GOD designed us to live in a world that could be minipulated by chemicals.
I would like if willing all those who use the chemicals as proof that we were not created to debate over how that is something that makes up your mind to believe that we were not designed this way at some point. I say that your non belief in GOD is just a chemical response givin by GOD to delude you further into non belief because of your unrepentence.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So God releases chemicals in unbelievers brains to push them away from him even more? That's kinda like a parent slowly poisoning their kids to death all because they didn't make A's in school. Not very loving of him to do so.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well I guess you'll believe what you want.

You can make any claim you want. Most religions do. Without any proof to add, other than belief. As per logic I can only believe that which I have taken note of indicating it's true. Your belief does not fulfill my logical need for proof. So unfortunately for you believing that a god made chemical reactions, I am going to have to conclude your theory as false.

If it makes you feel better, I also don't believe that Santa brings presents on Christmas simply because my nephew currently believes he does. My adult brain has experienced enough clues over the years to know that the belief in Santa as a gift bearer is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So God releases chemicals in unbelievers brains to push them away from him even more? That's kinda like a parent slowly poisoning their kids to death all because they didn't make A's in school. Not very loving of him to do so.

^^^What this guy said. Also, why does God have to use chemicals when he created the universe from scratch? Surely he can just bat an eye and anything he wants becomes reality. No chemicals necessary. The argument that you, Deadeyedick, are referring to, is necessary in absence of a god. Chemicals and molecular interaction are an absolute must without a higher power to just will things into being. Because everything requires a cause, and physics is that cause.
edit on 3-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There is an analogy I use specifically for this.

If you and your dog were sitting in a room enjoying the light from a lamp, you both see the light. If you were told that the light is actually turned off and on by a switch and is produced by electricity, that light is still there. You now know why the light is on and the dog does not. Is the light any dimmer or brighter for you than the dog now that you know? No.

Understanding the mechanism behind some spiritual experiences does not negate those experiences. Of course spirituality acts in accordance to science. Everything we experience on a spiritual or mystical level will someday either be explained through science or the science will adapt and change to justify it. This does nothing to negate or explain away any phenomenon.

I totally agree with you on this.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

If you and your dog were sitting in a room enjoying the light from a lamp, you both see the light. If you were told that the light is actually turned off and on by a switch and is produced by electricity, that light is still there. You now know why the light is on and the dog does not. Is the light any dimmer or brighter for you than the dog now that you know? No.

Understanding the mechanism behind some spiritual experiences does not negate those experiences. Of course spirituality acts in accordance to science. Everything we experience on a spiritual or mystical level will someday either be explained through science or the science will adapt and change to justify it. This does nothing to negate or explain away any phenomenon.

The thing with that is, some people aren't content with waiting for science to do its thing. Also, your wording here...

"...the science will adapt and change to justify it."

There's no justification involved. Either it can be explained, demonstrated, and proven, or it can not be. There's no justifying anything. Justification implies that something needs to be excused. Science isn't about excusing, it's about explaining.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I say that your non belief in GOD is just a chemical response givin by GOD to delude you further into non belief because of your unrepentence.

And we live in duality so the same could be said Your belief in GOD is just a chemical response created in your brain by external stimuli to delude you even further into belief because of your narrow mindedness.

But I have love for all even the evil ones you guys love to judge and label evil which I thought was Gods Job and do so I will leave why people disbelieve or believe up to individual or GOD to explain.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So far thanks for the responses. I think many miss the point that GOD in his creating everything as we see it would need some type of mechinism that could be utilized to control life to some extent that he wanted. It seems to me that we get a small bit of the big picture and just try to use that info. to reaffirm our beliefs either way. Our lives are based on stimulas ,timing and reaction and what we have named the GOD particle is what i think many fail to realize is the way our interactions evolve us into our mindset. Why is it so hard to see that someone or something could manipulate stimulas and timing to get a desired reaction and when that someone is not wanting a desired reaction then all those parameters are still present and we still have reactions of our own that is viewed as freewill. Surely the androids and such in the future would be created in the same manner we were with control mechinisms but having freewill also.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Dang you always take the thought of someone having some control over you to the extreme negative. Perhaps it is just something that in the grand scheme has to be done. More like guiding your children rather than your example of poisoning your kids.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale I agree with your post but fail to see how duality come to that mix you present. Your love is not lost.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Dang you always take the thought of someone having some control over you to the extreme negative. Perhaps it is just something that in the grand scheme has to be done. More like guiding your children rather than your example of poisoning your kids.

What you said: "I say that your non belief in GOD is just a chemical response givin by GOD to delude you further into non belief because of your unrepentence." That qualifies as interfering with our free will. It also initiates an unending cycle of punishment and segregation. The free will part is not something anyone should take lightly. The unending cycle part is just pure childishness, if it is true. To push someone away because they don't love you is immature and only serves to perpetuate the issue.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo Yep understanding those expierences is a tough job givin all that one can open their self up to. Sometimes we are guided to these expierences and sometimes we are bored and just want to go hang out in the same place we once had something profound happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

The thing with that is, some people aren't content with waiting for science to do its thing. Also, your wording here...

There's no justification involved. Either it can be explained, demonstrated, and proven, or it can not be. There's no justifying anything. Justification implies a subjective angle, but that's not what science is.

But that is science. We have been changing models and theories for centuries in order to adapt to "explainable" phenomenon. When I say "justification", I mean that science often adapts and theories change in order to explain and justify certain phenomenon. For example, for a very long time, we wholly believed in Newtonian physics on gravity. When there were some heavenly bodies out there in space that weren't moving correctly, we realized that our understanding wasn't good enough to understand why. So we changed our understanding of physics. This happens a lot in cosmology.

If something as seemingly mundane as physical objects in space can hand our asses to us and make us feel stupid until we adapt to it, then it doesn't seem too hard to swallow that spiritual matters will do the same. The holomovement physics model alone demonstrates possibilities into explaining such things.

That's what I meant. Either current understanding will explain everything or we will change our current understanding. We've been doing that for ages. If we hadn't, we wouldn't be using electricity or going into space.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There's no justification involved. Either it can be explained, demonstrated, and proven, or it can not be. There's no justifying anything. Justification implies a subjective angle, but that's not what science is.

But that is science. We have been changing models and theories for centuries in order to adapt to "explainable" phenomenon. When I say "justification", I mean that science often adapts and theories change in order to explain and justify certain phenomenon. For example, for a very long time, we wholly believed in Newtonian physics on gravity. When there were some heavenly bodies out there in space that weren't moving correctly, we realized that our understanding wasn't good enough to understand why. So we changed our understanding of physics. This happens a lot in cosmology.

If something as seemingly mundane as physical objects in space can hand our asses to us and make us feel stupid until we adapt to it, then it doesn't seem too hard to swallow that spiritual matters will do the same. The holomovement physics model alone demonstrates possibilities into explaining such things.

That's what I meant. Either current understanding will explain everything or we will change our current understanding. We've been doing that for ages. If we hadn't, we wouldn't be using electricity or going into space.

Clarification, not justification. I guess it has different connotations to me. Thanks for, um, clarifying.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity Bingo. Seems like hell on earth to me. HOWEVER it is not unending their is one that can save you out of the vicious cycle. He can wipe away all of the debt that is owed to his seemingly corrupt father.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology Logic is a cardboard box that coincidences happen in.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You either go to heaven or hell when you die, there are no second chances remember? If God is forcing people away from him by releasing chemicals in their brains then he is basically forcing them into hell. What long term goal or grand scheme is there in hell? It's eternity and it's goal is to make those there sorry for not believing.

The thought that God would force people into hell is pretty shocking to me.

To quote you:

I say that your non belief in GOD is just a chemical response givin by GOD to delude you further into non belief because of your unrepentence.

You said it not me.
edit on 7/3/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 You are either dead or alive in christ. There are second chances. There is judgement when you die and also judgement at the end of life as we know it on this rock. When you look at all the verses of judgement it points to this. I say the dead are risen out of there graves and walk amoung us trying to become free of the debt of the short judgment of life and waiting on the long judgement. It does clearly say that most will be decieved. Perhaps there is a need for many to be decieved.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Clarification, not justification. I guess it has different connotations to me. Thanks for, um, clarifying.

I was clarifying in order to justify my position.

Seriously, though, I get what you mean. "Clarify" is a much better choice.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So what kind of second chance is releasing chemicals in the brain to promote disbelief? This is what god is doing in your opinion. How is injecting someone with heroine every few days helping them to get sober? In the same way, how is releasing "unbelief" chemicals helping to get an unbeliever to repent and avoid hell, which is infinitely worse than heroine?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join