It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another federal judge tells IRS to explain itself on lost emails.

page: 2
19
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You are probably right ,but I remember at the time that some of the discussion in Canada was about a flat 1% gross tax .The numbers it created at the time were quite impressive and I was paying something like 20% so you can imagine how good it looked to a common fella . I think Webster Tarpley is advocating a wall street tax but a flat gross tax what ever the number would be sounds good .We know that big business will argue for the lower % and we could all get behind it ..None of this net crap . Too many loop holes and too many lawyers . lol a reply to: butcherguy




posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Interesting??? Sure..


A surprise??? Shouldn't be.

There is only on reason why they can't get those emails.

They were purposely disposed of.


Do you really think they are going to destroy those emails and lose them for ever? From what we can guess there are multiple parties involved. Each of them has office PC's, home PC's, smartphones, Blackberries, as well as the office servers. Anyone could have taken a copy for career insurance purposes, if nothing else but to remember what they said or didn't say just in case they get caught.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Oh, I believe on the surface most involved think they are golden.

I wouldn't doubt there are copies somewhere.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All they need to do is cut out the middleman(IRS), and just subpoena NSA records.

Instead of getting the run around.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just a quick comment and question on the flat tax and corporations.

If you take 20% of every dollar that comes into the cash register for taxes, that leaves 80% to pay salaries, run the stores and buy the things they sell. I don't know of a corporation that could survive that. Their prices would have to go up 25% instantly to remain where they are now.

If you let them deduct the cost of the things they buy to resell, salaries, and the other normal business expenses - in short, the current situation - let's look at the taxes they pay. In the 2010 tax year Forbes reported the following:

To see if GE was an aberration, we took a look at the 2010 annual reports of the 20 most profitable U.S. companies. Some of the results may surprise you.

The average income tax rate within the group was 25.4%. America’s three biggest oil companies, ExxonMobil , Chevron and ConocoPhillips , all endure income tax burdens of more than 40%–higher than the statutory U.S. rate of 35%. Exxon, with a 45% rate, tallied $21.6 billion in worldwide income taxes for 2010. Wal-Mart Stores paid $7.1 billion (at a rate of 32.4%) in income taxes.

www.forbes.com...

And you want to cut them to 20%? They'll love you for that.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Those emails were between Lerner, et al...and others, I presume.
(Would be EXTREMELY coincidental if they were only in, among & between the six computers that 'crashed'!)
So - subpoena every email account that each of the crashed computers communicated with before and after the time/s in question...for emails sent to & received from the 'suspect accounts' during/through the suspect time frame.
May miss a couple/few...but, should get the bulk.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
All they need to do is cut out the middleman(IRS), and just subpoena NSA records.

Instead of getting the run around.



I really think just getting on the White House email server and doing a search for irs.gov should bring up every email sent to the WH from the IRS servers. Much easier, after all their emails at the IRS had to go somewhere might as well start there.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Just a quick comment and question on the flat tax and corporations.

If you take 20% of every dollar that comes into the cash register for taxes, that leaves 80% to pay salaries, run the stores and buy the things they sell. I don't know of a corporation that could survive that. Their prices would have to go up 25% instantly to remain where they are now.

If you let them deduct the cost of the things they buy to resell, salaries, and the other normal business expenses - in short, the current situation - let's look at the taxes they pay. In the 2010 tax year Forbes reported the following:

To see if GE was an aberration, we took a look at the 2010 annual reports of the 20 most profitable U.S. companies. Some of the results may surprise you.

The average income tax rate within the group was 25.4%. America’s three biggest oil companies, ExxonMobil , Chevron and ConocoPhillips , all endure income tax burdens of more than 40%–higher than the statutory U.S. rate of 35%. Exxon, with a 45% rate, tallied $21.6 billion in worldwide income taxes for 2010. Wal-Mart Stores paid $7.1 billion (at a rate of 32.4%) in income taxes.

www.forbes.com...

And you want to cut them to 20%? They'll love you for that.


You know for sure it will always be John Q. Citizens that pays any taxes. Business just adds any expense right on top, taxes included.



posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That the Federal Government Departments have time to circumvent laws and engage in wrongdoing tells me that they are too large to exist as an entity.Cut them all back 50% and see what happens.

This Gov. is costing way too much for what they do,it is time for elimination.



posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
That the Federal Government Departments have time to circumvent laws and engage in wrongdoing tells me that they are too large to exist as an entity.Cut them all back 50% and see what happens.

This Gov. is costing way too much for what they do,it is time for elimination.


That would quadruple the unemployment rate. But we could work through it.



posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It seems absurd to me that there's even a debate over checking the machines these emails were supposedly on. If that's what the IRS wants to use for the defense that's fine but the prosecutors should in turn have full access to those machines in order for experts to see what type of data retention they can find.

a reply to: butcherguy

Do you know why no one would pass a flat tax? It's extremely regressive. Those who use all their money on the bottom to consume effectively pay tax on everything while those higher up the income chain pay tax on fewer things. Basically it moves all of the tax burden to the poor, and considering that the bottom 50% collectively have 2% of the nations wealth, there's just nothing there to make a tax base from.

The well off who actually have the money to pay taxes in a progressive system though sure would like it, it would reduce their tax burden.

a reply to: butcherguy

Be glad you're not disabled. They get taxed 70%. There's the 50% working tax, then the typical 20% or so. And they're typically below 10k/year.
edit on 5-7-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 1   >>

log in

join