It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOVIE: HEAVEN IS FOR REAl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sinfulknowledge

I hope you make a thread about your experience. I would love to read it.

I grew up in the early 60's and experienced '___', also known as blotter, window pane, to name a few and had both negative and positive "trips" however I knew in the back of mind that what I was experiencing was not real.

I have also had an NDE - no way can the two be compared to one another.

Just so everyone knows: I am against illegal drugs and I tell our youth the same!
edit on 3-7-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u
I have never had an NDE, can you describe yours? I've tried hallucinogens many many times and have never had a "bad" trip can you describe that to? haha, no joke i really want to know what those feel like, i mean my trips have gotten intense before but i have always known it was the hallucinogens. I remember once on shrooms i was in down town L.A. starring at the side of a building (their was a rave so it wasnt like i was just doing it for the heck of it haha) and i started to see faces on the wall and the would move and some looked demon like, but never was i scared i actually enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

If heaven is real send me to hell, because I don't want to be around most of the people who say they are going to heaven for eternity. Besides, I am always cold, even in 100 degree weather. In hell I could finally get warm!

With that attitude I am sure you will have no problems getting into hell. You will no longer have to worry about getting cold again.

Thanks goodness. Truly, if heaven is going to be packed to the rafters with god bothering, annoying hypocrites I am also happy as a clam to spend eternity in the other place.

What's that say about those who say they are going to heaven, when they're driving good and sane people in the opposite direction?

I never heard that saying before.

BTW I do not know if I make it into heaven but of course I hope that I do! It will be the grace of God and nothing that I did if I make it.

Not 'what's that saying' but 'what's that say - as in what does that say about the religious? They don't exactly make their versions of the afterlife to be very enticing - or anything about their religions, for that matter.

By the way - if you don't think you're going to get into the heaven you believe in for whatever reason, it's not really worth believing the particular bulldust you have chosen to believe in.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Thanks for your post.

Actually no one walking around today can say they are going to heaven. They can only assume that....like I am doing. You can not get into heaven for any good/great deed you preform on this planet. Why even if you save the world from nuclear destruction is not a reason for going to heaven. (But if there was a reason - I think saving the world would get you in)

So I put my faith and belief in my God who is known as Jehovah, and his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit who guides me.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I find prospect of divine afterlife insurance to be utterly heartbreaking. I know that it gives you comfort, though so I hope you'll forgive that I take the mickey.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Well, if it's in a movie it must be true!

Aaaaaahahahahahaha! Oh, save me before I fall off my chair and pee my pants laughing!

Religions are a never-ending source of humor for me and I think that more than makes up for all the destruction it also provides.

I recommend you start wearing adult pampers to keep your pants dry because one day you will not be laughing about this instead running for your life ......as we all will.

Yeah, if god is that petty and childish that we all must quiver before the thought of not being allowed into the cool club upstairs, then let me in downstairs.

Or perhaps you are preaching for the wrong side and don't even know it.

Rewards vs Punishment - is not that the way parents treat their children when they do something good or bad?

I have been punished by my parents and never did I think either one was petty or childish but it sounds like you are.

How am I being petty or childish? Parents discipline their kids via made up, arbitrary rules usually passed on generationally and ruled by socioeconomic status. In other words, they are complete bull dung. The very worst peculiarity which tends to pop up, is complete hypocrisy by the parents when the winds blow back in the opposite direction.

I hope to hell I never become so egotistically asinine that I try and force my kids to take my words like the word of god. Sure, come to me for guidance and direction, but only they can truly know right from wrong as it is a part of who they are.

Like I said, if god is a petty, spiteful egotistical prick that wants everything to be his way or else, I will choose to spend eternity with the other option on the ticket.

And as I said, to reiterate... Perhaps those of you who really believe in black and white, heaven and hell, satan and god, it might be time to really think about which team you are playing for, since the devil meant to trick you all to begin with...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
There are many accounts of near death experiences that have been documented in detail.

The difference between those and 'Heaven is Real' is this story is about a child who sees heaven in a NDE, but is actually written by his father who just happens to be a preacher.

Unlike any other account I'd read about, this NDE begins with the young boy reaching heaven by "seeing" the front doors of his fathers church and upon passing through them, finds himself surrounded by dead people.

This version of a NDE is the first I've seen that endorses Organized Religion as the specific route to eternal life and consequently for me, rings false.

I wrote a review reflecting my opinion of the movie, but for reasons unknown to me, it was not published. All my other movie reviews are published on Cinemaclock, but this one was not. The only movie reviews that were posted in Cinemaclock were laudatory and obviously from 'Believers'. They were invariably 10 out of 10. My 2 out of 10 review was never averaged in to the rating and consequently this B movie languished for two weeks on the movie guide with only unanimous rave reviews.

Was it for monetary reasons the movie was promoted falsely or was it a Christian thing? Other reviews I'd written panning other films got published, but for some reason, criticizing a 'Christian" film was NOT acceptable.

I call BS.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
While I do believe in New Death Experiences and I do believe in Heaven ... I'm not buying this story at all.

The kid didn't 'remember' the event until years later. The father is a pastor. There could easily be some major psychology going on here of the kid saying exactly what he thinks the dad would like to hear in order to get dads approval. And it could easily be the dad trying to make a splash with fame and money.

It COULD be real. But I'm very skeptical of this one.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I gather you haven't seen the movie or read the book.

Or perhaps you slept through both.

Skeptics have no adequate explanation for several aspects of the toddler's experience.

Doesn't keep them from blathering utter nonsense, however.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Your "facts" are inaccurate.

The boy did remember . . . earlier than you assert.

He just spread telling it out over the following year . . . because the parents weren't toooo swift on the uptake enough to encourage the boy to be candid about his experiences.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Of course there is hell dimensions and please be more specific on what hell dimension you are talking about. For some souls earth is one of the hell dimensions. But the whole wear/join this religion or go to an unspecified hell is not for me. I know to much of the other side to fall for that lie.

edit on 3-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
Your "facts" are inaccurate.

No. It's accurate. The fella didn't 'remember' until later ... a fairly long while later. And there are psychological influences and the fathers profession to consider. You are free to buy the story. Like I said, I believe NDEs happen and I believe in Heaven. But this story doesn't make it as far as I'm concerned.

Whatever.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
Dimethyltryptamine plays a large role in near-death experiences (NDE). Not to push this post or thread into a ToC violation, but dimethyltryptamine can be used as a psychedelic drug. If you care to delve further into the matter, you'll find that dimethyltryptamine is one of nature's simples compounds that is present in nearly every life form. In the event of an NDE, the pineal gland releases dimethyltryptamine into the brain causing strong hallucinations.

To keep with the idea of of NDEs and heavenly experiences, there are Native American cultures who use dimethyltryptamine and similar hallucinogenic agents to communicate with the spirit world.

If you took a bunch of drugs and came out of it saying, "Oh my God! Heaven is real!" would you expect people to believe you? As far as I see it, scientifically, the situations are the same.

There are people who are in the bliss and have the high naturally in them without adding external compounds so just because the near-death experiences push said molecule as a transmission agent do not mean the physical/biological is an all explanation to the experience with the third eye. It is like saying that because you understand how to create a television you know all about the content that the television can show.

At the same time however, I am not dismissing the fact that said hallucinations could be a doorway to spiritual experiences. Natives obviously believe this, and the ancient ones certainly had knowledge that still baffles scientists today. Maybe they still know a few things that we don't, like how to communicate with the spirit world.

. In a way you are saying the same thing from my point of view that I say above.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If heaven is real send me to hell, because I don't want to be around most of the people who say they are going to heaven for eternity. Besides, I am always cold, even in 100 degree weather. In hell I could finally get warm!

I can relate in an opposite way to this place, since I am almost always to warm on this freaking planet. Are you sure you are not normally an being inhabiting a place with warmer climate?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I've seen the movie because a friend wanted to see it. Personally, I gave up on the conventional views about heaven and hell a long time ago. What I personally know from experience is that there is a "condition" in the Universe that allows such "activities" that are so difficult to understand and accept that they must be reduced to almost visible details of actual objects/places in order for the typical human mind to accept. "Heaven" and "Hell" are nothing more than shorthand for this virtually unknowable aspect of the real reality.

(How many of you totally reject the beliefs of Islam that include, among other ridiculous concepts, a bunch of virgins waiting in rich reward in that version of "Heaven?" And how can you do so? Pretending that you have the answer is not the answer. Keep searching.)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I gather you haven't seen the movie or read the book.

Or perhaps you slept through both.

Skeptics have no adequate explanation for several aspects of the toddler's experience.

Doesn't keep them from blathering utter nonsense, however.

You gather incorrectly. I saw the movie this afternoon and I read the boy's story a while ago.

I like my nonsense far more than your nonsense and my nonsense doesn't damage individuals and society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I haven't seen the movie, but I did read the book. From what I'm reading here, it sounds like the movie deviates from the book a bit - which isn't surprising, I guess. In the book the father didn't ever seem to lose his faith. He did have challenges in approaching his church with this information, but there was no crisis of faith presented. Also, Colton did begin to mention his experience, I think, within the year? I think it was when they were driving by the hospital he was in originally?? Sorry it's been a while since I read the book. HOWEVER... after the first mention of seeing Jesus, his story came out in bits and pieces over the course of a couple of years. It didn't come out all at once, and it wasn't immediately after his experience either.

After reading the book, my personal opinion was that there was no intentional deception of manipulation on anyone's part. I believe it is possible that Colton experienced "something" when he was near death. But he was a child, and what he experienced may have been subconsciously embellished to please his father who, even though he was earnestly trying to remain neutral, would undoubtedly get a bit excited when his son mentioned seeing Jesus. How his father interpreted certain things his son said may have also been giving Colton's vague descriptions much of his own (the father's) spin on it. He claimed in the book that his son saw and knew biblical truths/facts that he couldn't have known... but to me it sounded more like his father was choosing to interpret certain things that way.

Colton did mention a sister that he "shouldn't have known" that he had. The parents lost a pregnancy between Colton being born and his sister. They lost the baby early enough that they didn't actually know the gender. They never told Colton of this... however, in the book it seemed that the older sister knew of this lost baby. Now... this just made me wonder if the older sister might have said something (even off hand or accidently) around Colton at some point. This was presented as one of the (few) "facts" that Colton knew that he "couldn't have known" if not for her NDE. It wasn't especially compelling to me. It could very well be true that he met his unborn sister and that is how he found out... but far less remarkable explanations cannot be ruled out.

Again, I didn't feel anyone was intentionally being deceptive. Ultimately, I don't and can't know what Colton saw. Frankly, Colton may not even know what he saw either... with his father's interpretations and unintentional embellishments his own memories might be distorted.

I am a Christian and I do believe in the validity of NDEs, but this one left me a bit underwhelmed. I'm glad they shared their story, and if it can get some people interested in thinking about their own stance on faith and the afterlife than I think that is fantastic. My interpretation of the book could be completely wrong (and likely is in at least some respects) but it was just my personal response to the book.

I do plan to see the movie at some point... hopefully it'll come out on demand through Netflix sometime.

edit on 3-7-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Its always interesting to hear things like this, and it never seems to be fully thought through..

First, it assumes that the people who say they are getting into heaven really are going to get into it. Second, it assumes that such a thing would be limited by human definitions.

Essentially, it is making the same erroneous assumptions as the ones the statement is meant to attack. That said, I LOVE irony! I hear the same "joke" about the "rapture," where people think they will get away from the a-holes if it happens. However, according to the sources themselves, this will not be the case if it ever happens. All those people whom annoy you the most will be right alongside ya!

Of course, the statement of "if heaven is real, so is hell" is not a logical conclusion either.

I think people should look into this story more before they start to participate in a thread on it, its actually an extremely fascinating NDE. Whether or not everything is accurate is another story, but if true, the experiences this child had are absolutely begging to be explored. I also suspect that we could only ever experience events of this nature through our own cultural lens, which is defined largely by the balance of our upbringing and our contrarianism (at the applicable age).

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Heaven is wherever those annoying religious a-holes aren't. They are oblivious to this.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well, if it's in a movie it must be true!

Aaaaaahahahahahaha! Oh, save me before I fall off my chair and pee my pants laughing!

Religions are a never-ending source of humor for me and I think that more than makes up for all the destruction it also provides.

Well yes the movie is based of a best selling book written by the Pastor father of the child that had the experience.

So the story is true, a child had a near death experience and told stories after coming to of things he couldn't know.

Whether the ideas brought forward like heaven is for real and did the child visit the so called heaven are true well that depends on faith.

You might not believe where as others might entertain the thought to where others will have beliefs reinforced with this story.

Will be watching it very soon, was very anxious to see it.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join