It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Our Sun Capture Alien Worlds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Computer simulations show a close encounter with a passing star about 4 billion years ago may have given our solar system its abrupt edge and put small, alien worlds into distant orbits around our sun.

www.spacedaily.com...

Bromley and Kenyon simulated what would have happened if our sun and another star in our Milky Way galaxy had passed a relatively close 14 billion to 19 billion miles from each other a few hundred million years after our solar system formed.

At that time, our solar system was a swirling "planetary disk" of gas, dust and rocks, with planets newly formed from the smaller materials.

Astronomers have been searching for years for extrasolar planets, or planets in other solar systems. Few considered the possibility that "the nearest extrasolar planet might be right here in our solar system," says Kenyon.

Maybe this is the event that helped Earth be where it is today.

Surf

[edit on 12/2/2004 by surfup]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well I know it's been theorized that there is a number of large objects in the out regions of our system. Some might even be out as far as a light year. Even more amazing is the fact that some scientists are speculating that some could be as large as pluto or even mars

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Well I know it's been theorized that there is a number of large objects in the out regions of our system. Some might even be out as far as a light year. Even more amazing is the fact that some scientists are speculating that some could be as large as pluto or even mars

Well they are speculating, open mindness is good.

If they are that far wouldn't it be a little tough for scientists to check the gravitational effects of that planet on Pluto or Neptune?

Surf

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
And this isnt even taking into account the amount of "Dark" or Invisible objects that have been predicted to inhabit our solar system which we have not yet been able to see. Take the new planetary body of Sedna, it is theorized that it may have a small moon effecting its orbit due to the abnormal orbit it has, only problem is that its believed this object may be to dark for us to see at the moment untill we use some of our more advanced imaging sat's to probe the mysetry deeper.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
well i read a book once and ill relate the information to you and leave it up to you if you feal this may be what accutly happened or not. Me personly have looked up as manny facts to test this hypothise and I say an 85% chance it DID happen.
on words. The planet venus may not have aloways been a planet .
In much of mitholgy the main planets were used as gods but venus was BORN from these gods and described in much mitholgy as having two tails of fire . Now onto more mitholgy the Good book describes a time of tryels in wich moses was moving his people and the sun stood still in the sky and even moved back words and was jumping around. also on story gives this COMET venus a orbit of eather 58 days or 58 years dont rember wich.
So going by this mytholgy venus was a comet that came in at just the right angel to be captered by the suns gravity and became a new planet then and this happened sometime within the last 10,000 years.
This would explane the sudden end of the ice age and the massive flooding .If venus even came within a million miles of earth in passing TIDEL WAVES earth quakes the earth would littlery STALL and the sun frezz .
Frozen mamathes no problem if a huge down draft was created.
Now on to real science venus has MORE heat energy then can be accounted for by eather its place near the sun or its SIZE. The only science answer to this is Deceleration caused by the sun grabbing it on its way by as a comet. A LOT of energy is being transfered durning this transistion from comet to planet and this energy would be transfered as heat.
The whole planet was heated up tremendsly if this is true .
Ps the only science evedence is that ONE thing venus could have got the extra heat another way though I cant think of another way it doesent mean there cant be.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry but you need a spell check or something...that was hard to read. No offence if your first language isn't english, it is a hard one to learn.

[Edit: Made spelling mistakes...ironic huh... lol]

[edit on 2-12-2004 by _BLiND_]

new topics

top topics

join