It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the first trumpet of revelation preparing to blow at Yellowstone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: glendYellowstone has suddenly started issuing huge amounts of helium-4, a very rare form of helium. What surprised scientists is that Helium-4 appears to be the strongest predictor of activity, as demonstrated with other volcanoes. The latest reports show that the emission rates of crustal helium- 4 from Yellowstone exceed (by orders of magnitude) any conceivable generation within the crust.

Helium-4 (4 2He or 4He) is a non-radioactive isotope of the element helium. It is by far the most abundant of the two naturally occurring isotopes of helium, making up about 99.99986% of the helium on Earth. Its nucleus is identical to an alpha particle, and consists of two protons and two neutrons.

Alpha decay of heavy elements in the Earth's crust is the source of most naturally occurring helium-4 on Earth.

The whole premise here seems to be false and fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

thanks for heads-up, I will keep that in mind in future.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Lol, if Yellowstone blows up, a few nukes blowing up with it will seem pretty trivial.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Except that they are not prisons.. and people actually live there. They are not empty.. they were just some very bad real estate decisions. When they put some 2,500 + units up for sale.. they sold a whopping 220 units. People in that part of the world simply can't afford what they are charging for them. They are certainly not cities built to hold Americans after a super volcano blows up.

Yea, I wasn't 100% serious, but it's an interesting thought. Apparently China has roughly 64million uninhabited newly built residences. That could take 20% of the US population right there. It strange because none of the locals can afford these places.

Apparently chinese construction companies have so much money now, that with limited access to the Chinese banking system they are making their own direct investments and trade deals with African countries for mining contracts etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Short answer: NO

Long answer: NO!

Give it about 5000 years before the super volcano blows in yellowstone.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Ummm...Hell...even drag a huge...big ole pipe...over there and pump that pressure three states over...I think the Reid ranch would be about right...solves our lackluster helium balloon shortage problem and powers one hell of a power plant...or two, or three...and hell......if we can send in the clowns over grazing rights then I'm pretty sure...Dingy Harry might have a speckle spotted dust devil...at risk...so DHS can commandeer his property.............for the good of the tribe...after all...

Now I say...screw the anthropogenic causal crowd...it would sure beat the "nuclear winter" mini ice age from all that particulate after the eruption...if the pressure could be relieved...it could also power growth in other industrials and not just excesses of electrical generation.....................................

Whoda thunkit....................

Reporting!

YouSir
edit on 4-7-2014 by YouSir because: one illustrates...credit.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Give it about 5000 years before the super volcano blows in yellowstone.

(I know I'll be sorry I asked this, but ... ) And you magically know that ... how??

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Math...

Pressure, crust thickness, swelling rate, earthquake frequency and intensity, and of course old faithful being regular.

But hey, why not flip out now? Seems like a good pastime.

Listen, that caldera has to swell a heluva lot more, creating a much much larger magma chamber beneath the valley.

Basically when yellowstone stops being a valley, and starts being a hill, it's getting close, do the math on what that will take and your gonna come up with about 5000 years from now.

When old faithful stops, then worry.
edit on 4-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
also don't trust anything form the daily mail, its sensationalist Murdoch crap.
edit on 4-7-2014 by Dr X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Math... Pressure, crust thickness, swelling rate, earthquake frequency and intensity, and of course old faithful being regular.

Geee .. you must be super brilliant ... you've figured out something that scientists and geologists and vulcanologists with advanced doctorate degrees couldn't figure out. 5,000 years .... color me just so impressed. /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

actually they have, but not the ones that would talk to the daily mail.

And real reporters aren't interested in stories that end with nothing is going to happen any time soon.

But please, don't stop the panic train with boring reality, continue to try and spread fear. It's so much more interesting.

Not like actual science is gonna get in the way right?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That info wars article is a joke as related to Yellowstone. Dyess is in Texas. Post something when they start moving those 350 ICBM's out of Montana and Wyoming.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

We all die, it not matters how and when.

So true and many of us are counting on that.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

North American Mag Anomaly Map, USGS

To everyone: this is a hoax...no truth to it whatsoever.

To the guy who figures 5k years to blow out. No. It could happen anytime in the next million or 2 years. That pretty much means anytime. Chances are lesser for one right at this exact moment, but for any given period during the next million years or so the chances are low (for any given period) with the chances of it happening sometime during the next million or so years being fairly high.

There are no geophysicists who have calculated boom in 5k years unless it was an exercise based on "if upheaval continues at a constant rate" which is not how it works. Not now, not yesterday and not tomorrow.

I am no expert in vulcanism but I do have a degree in Geology. There is no way to accurately predict eruptions. At least not like Mr. 5k years above. They are refining the science, but it is still as much an art as a science (prediction).

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah its a trumpet/hoax. Hoaxes are becoming common here.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

You are right, there is no completely accurate way to predict an eruption.

The 5k value i used above was based on the upheaval rate.

There are determining factors that will show that an eruption is pending. Those factors aren't present at this time and the best theory going.

Sure there could be an eruption tomorrow, but not on the level of a supervolcano.

the geology of yellowstone is the best indicator of what's happening under the surface.

drastic changes in the thermal features of the park are your best bet of an impending eruption.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: bbracken677

You are right, there is no completely accurate way to predict an eruption.

The 5k value i used above was based on the upheaval rate.

There are determining factors that will show that an eruption is pending. Those factors aren't present at this time and the best theory going.

Sure there could be an eruption tomorrow, but not on the level of a supervolcano.

the geology of yellowstone is the best indicator of what's happening under the surface.

drastic changes in the thermal features of the park are your best bet of an impending eruption.

That volcano can easily be set off at any time. All anyone has to do is dig underground some miles and start setting off underground nukes. It's basic weapons tech from even back in the '60s. If they want to set it off, it can be set off any time.

The underground chambers are there, and so are the weapons. So 5,000 years is a fantasy. It simply takes an order and it would be done.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

ALL of revelation happens, on the micro-scale, every time God pulls the veil back from someone's eyes and shows them the transpersonal.

People keep expecting it to happen on the macro-scale. But that's not the way it works.

Oh it is going to happen on the macro-scale.

You think somehow that God wants things the way they are, yet another pawn in a never ending symphony of delusion.

I tell you , you are wrong, and it will be proven to you, IN THIS LIFETIME.

Stop believing that you know what is going on, since you learnt HOW to have YOUR veil pulled off, you see what you are "TOLD" to see.

We need to move far beyond this ridiculous nightmare that GOD, is behind anything, and that the systems are unfolding "naturally".

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
Just creepy, and here I am paranoid about the San Andreas fault slipping. Between this economy collapse, world war possibility, and this, America might be heeded the same way as the titanic.

The only things that should REALLY cause you paranoia, is why everything on earth is being truth-hidden, and all the blame foisted upon "humans" and their "nature".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join