It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl kills endangered animals for enoyment and popurlarity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm not offended, I'm annoyed by the people that go out of their way to piss and moan about somebody else's choices that do not affect them or anyone else.

To me this is a form of political correctness. I don't like the way you live your life so you need to stop and conform to my ideas and beliefs.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

I'm not offended, I'm annoyed by the people that go out of their way to piss and moan about somebody else's choices that do not affect them or anyone else.

To me this is a form of political correctness. I don't like the way you live your life so you need to stop and conform to my ideas and beliefs.

What are you doing with your post? Why, I believe you're commanding me to conform to your ideas and beliefs

:-)

I was affected by this story - and I'll say whatever I want - thank you very much

(within the T&Cs if course - which have me straining at my restraints even as I type...)

edit on 7/3/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This is a rant forum. If you don't want to hear about people whining or complaining, then don't go to a forum that is about whining. Even you yourself are whining about people whining.

Also, i never said she should take them down or w/e.

edit on 3-7-2014 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The day may come that her pretty little self just happens to ~

get back sided by big mama hiding in the bushes.

edit on 3-7-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but here is real info about the girl and more info about the hunts.

Facts

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

all the information you posted can be found on what my link said. It referred to the elephant one feeding people, the rhino was tranquilized so people could take blood test, ect...

Of course i didn't sign the petition because she should upload what she wants within the legal realm and she can go kill animals as logn as it's legal but it doesn't mean i have to feel right about it.

edit on 4-7-2014 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

'Hunting for Conservation' Backfires

There's more than one way of looking at this. I grew up with conservationists - and hunters. I understand how hunting can play an important role in the world of conservation. However - factoring in the sheer numbers of trophy hunters/or tourists with guns, then the number of animals killed on trophy hunts (and then trying to sort out after how those numbers either help or harm) - then finally, trying to track all that beneficial conservation money - and figure where it actually ends up...

Well - like anything - depending on who you ask - the statistics can end up saying whatever people want them to say

Please have a look at this “Hunting Report” published on the
accuratereloading hunting forum.

The professional hunter mentioned is Jamy Traut, a “long-standing
hunter in Namibia”. The report details the lion hunt as follows:

“At the next to last dune before being able to see thehouse, Jamy squatted like he was hit in the head and duck-walked backward towhere I was squatted. He had seen the top of the head of a male lion on top ofthe next dune, about 110 yards away. We eased up slowly, looked through the binos and we could each see the mane moving in the wind as he looked the otherdirection. We did not see any other lions and hoped the others were still asleepon the porch about two hundred yards away. We slowly set up our sticks in atripod so I could sit on the ground for this easy hundred yard shot, or so wethought.

The lion stood up, wind blowing the mane, stretched and promptly laid back down for a nap out of our sight. Jamy said to only shoot on
his word and to wait until he stood again and gave a perfect broadside shot. I replayed the “Perfect Shot” DVD in my mind on where to shoot a lion, I practiced breathing slowly, I played with the scope until I figured this was one soon to be very dead lion. This went on for thirty minutes – no action, no movement, no nothing. Then the situation changed.

Enter stage right, the lioness with the radio collar. She casually strolled near the male I hoped to shoot, looked at him as he stood up, then walked over and laid done. He did the same, but out of my sight.

Jamy then said, “This is not a good situation. If she is the one with the cubs or if she has been accustomed to people, she will charge us if she sees us or she will run for her cubs. Either way, when she moves, the male will stand up and you need to shoot him and be ready.”

At seventy yards, my first shot hit him in the right shoulder spinning him around. He recovered and came on.

Jamy fired a split second before my second shot catching him in the mid-body as my second shot caught the top of his lungs. He was at forty yards and coming up our hill now. He dropped at my shot but was back up quickly and obscured by brush.

Jamy shouted if anyone could see the lioness. I glanced and never saw her. I saw her stop when the first shot hit the male. He had growled/groaned at the shot and she put on the brakes to look at him. I said I could not see her and looked back for the male. I was trying to walk backward to get around a bush and started to fall backwards. I yelled for Willem to push me in the back as he was right there as well. He put a hand on my back and I steadied in time to see the male appear at fifteen yards.

When he rose above the brush, Jamy fired again hitting his back hip knocking down again. He rose a last time dragging that hip and I shot him in the neck. He dropped for good at 12 steps.
africageographic.com...

Very exciting! I can only imagine that it was just as exciting for the lions - but maybe not as much fun

There's some pretty good arguments for photo safaris as well - it's still money. A lot of money. Maybe let individual countries take care of their own culling - spend the money how they want to

Not everyone who speaks out against hunting is coming at it from the same perspective. But, for those that look at a picture of a dead animal and are repulsed - I have to say - I understand. And - they're entitled to their opinion - PC or not

Your last post was a much better approach than telling everybody who has an opinion that's different from yours to just shut up :-)

Anti-PC may be the new black - but not for too much longer

:-)
edit on 7/4/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: cleanup

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join