It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lobster Mac & cheese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have been intrigued by this dish and keep seeing it on food shows, I love Lobster, crab & scallops and figured I would like Lobster mac & cheese.

Anyone have it before and have any recipes or tips?

I have searched recipes online but wondered if anyone here could offer any input.

We're having a 4th of July cook out and am going to make the dish...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ruth Chris makes some of the best I've had. I love seafood in my mac n cheese. Down in Albuquerque there is a place called the standard diner that has gourmet mac n cheese which includes bread crumbs 3 cheeses and salmon...very yummy! The base mac n cheese is easy to make with 2 cups of shredded chedder or whatever you like, a bit of flour, some butter, and milk. You make a rue with butter and flour then add milk which needs to reheat. Then just add cheese and whatever other additional ingredients and stir till melted. I personally like jalapeños and pintos with a bit of red chilie sauce.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Lobster and scallops are my fav.

Here we call 'mac and cheese', macaroni cheese and whilst there are packet versions, it is easily made fresh.

I have been cooking pasta and many other foods from fresh for many years and have worked for years in restaurant management, eaten in many overpriced top class restaurants but sometimes the simplest is the best.

I recommend cooking the pasta until al dente, adding mascarpone and a small amount of butter, then plenty of fresh parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, the heat of the pasta will heat the sauce, add seasoned pan fried scallop and lobster.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Im rather confused by the idea...

Why would someone ruin lobster by adding it to anything except butter?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Certainly, lobster and scallop aren't in need of other flavours, hence the suggestion of using mascarpone and parmesan instead of a cheese sauce, it suits the freshness of using such great ingredients better, though it certainly adds to regular macaroni cheese.

Though, I prefer the only butter being from pan frying rather than US /Maine style where it is literally dipped in a cup of butter, ugh.
edit on 2-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: mwood

Im rather confused by the idea...

Why would someone ruin lobster by adding it to anything except butter?

I tend to agree with you, but thought it may be a good dish.

My ideal meal: (death row last meal...lol)

King crab legs
Side dish of scallops
Side dish of dungeness crab
nice lobster tail
"Red Lobster" garlic cheddar biscuits
side dish of bacon wrapped asparagus
half gallon of melted butter...lol

Oh, and a drink.....gallon of sweet tea
edit on 2-7-2014 by mwood because: added drink

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't know if I should say this...but I don't think lobster is really that good. I know I lost credibility with that statement...oh wait, I didn't have any to start with so it doesn't matter. I'd take a nice whitefish or rainbow filet over lobster any day.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't know if I should say this...but I don't think lobster is really that good. I know I lost credibility with that statement...oh wait, I didn't have any to start with so it doesn't matter. I'd take a nice whitefish or rainbow filet over lobster any day.

Lobster falls way below crab legs and scallops for me.

I would prefer some nice Orange roughy over lobster. The taste is good but it's kind of rubbery and tougher. Crab legs are the best.

new topics

top topics

join