It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

curious question of the US securing its border with Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I hear a lot of American calling for its southern border to be secured.

Being from the UK and its vast immigration I kinda sympathies.

But can I as how you expect it to be done?

I mean the UK is ringed by 30 miles of ocean and its only access points are ferry terminals and the channel tunnel that are protected b y layers of fences and round the clock guards and we still get immigration by the hundreds of thousands.

So how does the USA plan to secure its very long land border?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'd build a concrete wall 50 feet high and 50 feet thick like the jews, israelis, Semites, (whichever handle they are using at the moment), it seems to be able to keep folks out as well as people in.
I would put heavy automated guns on top every so often and make the whole border up to say 10 miles a no fly zone, trespassers will be eliminated by a terminator turret guilty or not....sorry.
I would install seismic sensors to detect tunnels and if found, bunker bust them.
This wall can be built by the many unemployed we have and manned by our troops who happen to be stateside as well as the border patrol.
We can then designate 2 border entry points say one in Louisiana and one on Catalina or close by, both entry points only accessible by ferry.
There will be a 2 ferry system, no ferry can go straight from Mexico to the US under penalty of predator drone.
This will immensely cut back on "contraband" coming into the US, as well as it getting out.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

That wall alone would likely cost more than other softer options.Add the weapons? The cost would be astronomical Plus mass executing hundreds of thousands unharmed civilians? Well disgusting is one word Id use for that.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
The cost would be very doable, how many billions have we already spent on killing innocent people already?
Plus it makes a hard border to guard against invasion.
I do not believe innocents would be killed however.
If you are looking to cross the border illegally, then by definition you are guilty!
All my life I have done things legally and lawfully, just to never give anyone a legitimate excuse to cage me, I wish others would take the high road as well.
Here is one case where we can make them.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

"So how does the USA plan to secure its very long land border? "

It doesn't. The call to secure the border is sort of a pitiable plea for the impossible to happen. In some ways, its all about nostalgia and the hope is held by old white people who grew up thinking the US was "their" country. That all changed with the 1965 Immigration Reform act and the advocacy of the "diversity" agenda. As the Anglo-European-American population passes into minority status, they are coming to realize that a nation without borders is a Homeland to no one. With their passing, interest in securing the border will pass with them. The US is less a nation state and has become something more resembling a gigantic Bus terminal with people coming and going as they please, making money at the kiosks, then shipping it out in brown parcels to a bank somewhere.

But realistically speaking the border can't be secured because of two obvious problems: 1) its too long and the only way to secure it would be to erect a triple layer fence with machine gun nests every 50 yards and the will to shoot anyone trying to sneak across. It'll never happen for obvious reasons; then 2) both political parties have a vested interest in the broken border. The Democrats see the immigrants as new voters, increasing their base and the Republicans, who serve big business interests, see cheap labor for their buddies in big business.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So how does the USA plan to secure its very long land border?

As long as Obama and his cronies are around I don't think we will. That goes for many of the GOP RINO's as well. They simply don't want to secure the border IMO.

My plan would be double or triple heavy chain link fences with razor wire, CCTV along the whole thing, motion sensors and constant roving ICE patrols in as many numbers as needed to respond to any incursion.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
The cost would be very doable, how many billions have we already spent on killing innocent people already?
If you are looking to cross the border illegally, then by definition you are guilty!
All my life I have done things legally and lawfully, just to never give anyone a legitimate excuse to cage me, I wish others would take the high road as well.

Well Im be brought up to view summary execution as wrong and the only time LEO should ever use lethal force is if they are threatened with a weapon.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

My plan would be double or triple heavy chain link fences with razor wire, CCTV along the whole thing, motion sensors and constant roving ICE patrols in as many numbers as needed to respond to any incursion.

UK has that at our few entry points and a giant ocean still doesn't work, wish it did but doesn't

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: g146541

Well Im be brought up to view summary execution as wrong and the only time LEO should ever use lethal force is if they are threatened with a weapon.

That is the beautiful thing, these wont be summary executions.
The border would be guarded by automated weaponry, no guilt!
At worst the only thing that could be claimed is the worlds largest suicide machine, we should be free to do with our bodies as we wish you know.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I think I would call the guys that did Area 51 and turn them loose on the border. Isn't it amazing when they want to secure something cost is no object and no problem. If satellites can see a license plate from space in any spectrum of light, certainly they can see someone crossing the border illegally. With American business across the border and trucks passing to deliver goods we could just build a vacuum chamber to put the truck in. Have the driver get out, suck out the air. Then the second process would be making the chamber a highly electrified box. Then stowaways would last a few days and viola', no searching necessary.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
As you said...even if you secure the border...they will just take a boat...the west coast has maybe 0 protection or even just go up the gulf...heck you could do it in a kayak.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Want to know how I'd secure the border?

False Flag.

I would create a "leak" that disclosed mass graves of everyone that crossed illegally. I wouldn't actually kill anyone. But I'd use cadavers, corpses to plant the evidence.

I'd make sure that anyone that did cross over got "disappeared" somewhere via Witness Relocation.

I'd create the illusion that anyone who stepped onto US soil illegally got very dead very quick.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

All those measures are good for honest guarding the borders. What about the corporations that want cheap labor and bribe officials to look the other way when their truckload of "illegals" is ushered on through?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

I think I would call the guys that did Area 51 and turn them loose on the border. Isn't it amazing when they want to secure something cost is no object and no problem. If satellites can see a license plate from space in any spectrum of light, certainly they can see someone crossing the border illegally. With American business across the border and trucks passing to deliver goods we could just build a vacuum chamber to put the truck in. Have the driver get out, suck out the air. Then the second process would be making the chamber a highly electrified box. Then stowaways would last a few days and viola', no searching necessary.

Technology yes could secure the borders.

But again whats the price tag?

Area 51 security likely has a very very large bill.

Would it be cost effective? I doubt it. Thats the problem price tag.

edit on 2-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
We are a democratic republik we could have this if we the people wanted it, this would help stabilize our economy as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Price tag, price tag, you keep on bringing up a price tag!
How many billions does the US just throw away at bad foreign "investments"?
None of the resources need be from outside the US as we have it all here.
The jobs made as well as saved from my idea would more than pay for the wall, arming and manning it.
The price tag would be the least important thing involved.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Just for the current batch we have already dedicated 100's of millions, and there are already 12 million here, just killing the medical system.

Seriously if it cost a billion we would be money ahead the ROI would have to be just over a year. Oh and I don't think anything the government does is cost effective. I don't know how it is in the UK but in the US we have the market cornered on wasteful spending. We are the only country in the world that can drop a $55,000 laser guided bomb get 5,000 worth of dirt hut damage and kill the wrong people.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm of the opinion that achieving 100% border security, on any border, is a pipe dream. It didn't work in Berlin, it doesn't work in Israel and according to your own testimony, it's not working in the UK either.

The root of the immigration problem lies with inequality and lack of opportunity. That's why we don't see these mass exoduses coming from Canada in the U.S..

It's human nature to want to be able to provide for your family and to have a safe environment for them to live in. If I found myself trapped in the crossfire of poverty and drug wars currently taking place in Central America, I too would bring my family here. By any means possible.

IMO, what's happening at the border should be viewed as a humanitarian issue and these people should be treated as refugees. Furthermore, until the global community decides to take actions that would improve these conditions in 2nd & 3rd world countries, one can only expect that the illegal immigration problem will only get worse.

On the other hand, I'll give you credit for one thing crazyewok, with this thread you've managed to attract some ideas that would humble the builders of the Berlin Wall.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Just for the current batch we have already dedicated 100's of millions, and there are already 12 million here, just killing the medical system.

Seriously if it cost a billion we would be money ahead the ROI would have to be just over a year. Oh and I don't think anything the government does is cost effective. I don't know how it is in the UK but in the US we have the market cornered on wasteful spending. We are the only country in the world that can drop a $55,000 laser guided bomb get 5,000 worth of dirt hut damage and kill the wrong people.

The thing I think it will cost alot more than billion, especialy with goverment waste,

Cheaper option may be trying to tax illegal workers, exclude them from welfare and deport non workers.

You may be right, this isnt a bash America thread,

UK shares your illegal problem and to me US has a bigger job due to its land border.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

We will never have a 100% secure border but what we can do to slow it down is to let the agents do what they are suppose to do also I'm for letting the border states take care of business without the Feds restrictions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join