It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes scientific research is just so .... cool!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Physics students at the University of Leicester have ran the numbers and shown that it might be possible to make boots that would enable you to walk on the ceiling.

The Wrong Trousers

They were using the idea from the Wallace and Gromit cartoon, The Wrong Trousers

It is possible, but you would have to finish your dancing on the ceiling, painting the ceiling, dusting the cobwebs or whatever it is you need to be up there for in 20 minutes, because then the batteries would run out.

At the same university other students have studied the feasibility of Batman's cape Holy Smoke, Batman!. but the results are not pretty.
It turns out size IS important

I'm contacting these students and placing my order for my jetpack!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They didn't factor in the tensile or sheer strength of the dry wall or plaster ceiling. You would have to attach yourself directly to the unexposed ceiling/floor joist for you weight to be supported. Cause if you don't ....you are going to crash to the ground and break your neck while taking foot print sized chunks of ceiling with you.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PinealJockey
Lol, thanks, I'll remember that when I decide to dust out those cobwebs

Perhaps if I combine the boots with a really BIG batman cape .....

(and I'm waiting confirmation of my jetpack order, so if can combine all three then hey! Sorted!)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Okay, so this reply will be met with eye-rolling...BUT when I was little I would lay hanging off the bed or couch with my head upside down and imagine that I was walking on the ceiling. Ok, so I might still do it.
It is cool that I might actually be able to do it one day! I'll get my husband to shore up the ceiling in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Anti-gravity underwear is the wave of the future!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

G,day mate.
you will need to resubmit your order i want one too.
mate you gotta like wallace and gromit
point is if the uni boffins think that it can be done the boffins working for the govt's on black projects prob have the thing all sorted out and operational
what a way to go mountain hiking/rock climbing
or you could just hang around with your mates all day

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What happens when you jump?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When I was VERY young, I used to walk holding a mirror under my head/eyes, seeing on
top of me, but looking down.

It was fun to avoid the "top" of the doors, and avoiding the lamps. . .etc. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What about velcro shoes, and a velcro ceiling? lol kidding.

new topics

top topics

join