It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOVIE - GOD IS NOT DEAD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

grandmakdw, instead of responding to afterinfinity's responses to others, you should probably be working on a response to xDeadcowx's rebuttal to your previous post. He pretty much made anything you say in this this thread irrelevant.

I actually did watch this movie a while ago, well most of it, and I thought it was terrible. At first I thought it was a parody. The movie presents no logical arguments and instead plays on the viewers emotions by using stereotypes and fears. It portrays atheists and people of other faiths as being angry, empty people. You know because without the christian god, no one can be truly happy. Not only that, it puts higher education in a negative light as well. The makers and supporters of this movie only show that they have very little understanding of what they are rejecting. And as xDeadcowX said "At the end of the day, with or without this movie, we are left with exactly the same amount of evidence for a God or gods that we had yesterday. " Just because someone plays on your emotions doesn't mean they have actually presented a legitimate argument.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Again, you have no real understanding of what Christianity actually teaches. You spout the propagandized version (the TV's portrayal). I've seen a lot of your posts. You don't know what you're talking about.

'Nuff said from me to you today.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Nah God isn't dead...

I think HE just doesn't waste his time with people that won't listen

He sure likes to waste his time smiting them, though...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I don't recall him "smiting" anyone...

any examples at least?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I don't recall him "smiting" anyone...

any examples at least?

"Smiting" is a debatable term but... turning people into pillars of salt, slaying them for dropping a box, etc. Not to mention commanding folks to slaughter men, women, and children. Not to mention giving bounties for foreskins of victims. Not to mention celebrating over infanticide. Not to mention etc...

I know you are well-versed enough in the bible that I don't need to give you a list. I just thought it was funny that you said he doesn't pay attention to people who don't listen yet there are countless very clear examples of him paying plenty of "attention" to non-believers.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

meh... that's the OT god...

That would be a false god... quite literally "the destroyer"... Jealous, envious, wrathful, spiteful...

Rather pathetic actually...

The true God rarely interferes in human affairs... Theres really no point in him doing so since we all return to him anyways

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That would be a false god... quite literally "the destroyer"... Jealous, envious, wrathful, spiteful...

The true God rarely interferes in human affairs... Theres really no point in him doing so since we all return to him anyways

C'mon, that's not fair. You know I don't even operate in that pantheon but I play along in order to participate. I figured you were doing the same. On ATS and in most "western" discussions, "God" usually means the Christian god who is the OT god.

Jeesh. I should have known you'd say that.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

C'mon, that's not fair. You know I don't even operate in that pantheon but I play along in order to participate. I figured you were doing the same. On ATS and in most "western" discussions, "God" usually means the Christian god who is the OT god.

I don't see how its not fair... especially since you should know I would say that by now...

Its been a few years... You've been in my threads and seen my discussions with Christians... so what exactly isn't fair?

As a member on ATS I have the right to express my thoughts on God as I choose to, and the OT critter is NOT God

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I don't see how its not fair... especially since you should know I would say that by now...

Its been a few years... You've been in my threads and seen my discussions with Christians... so what exactly isn't fair?

As a member on ATS I have the right to express my thoughts on God as I choose to, and the OT critter is NOT God

Dude, I was being light-hearted about my reply. You are right, I know you better than to expect that. I just thought we were all talking about the typical "God" (with a capital "g") that most people mean when they say "God".

I wish jest and jabs were easier to convey here. I was seriously smiling when I posted my last reply.

But anyway, that movie... bad for everybody. Makes Christians look like parodies and non-Christians look like hopelessly flawed people with no spirituality or even characters from those Chick Tracks.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Funny though, my GF recommended I watch this movie...

She said it was just amazing... then again shes not your typical Christian...

I might have to watch it

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
Just watched the movie God is not dead. I would recommend both believers and non-believers to watch it. A debate between a college student and his professor about God.

Though it is a movie I enjoyed it.

So what do you think, is God dead?

Cool thanks for in depth points on the movie. Here is a video that at least counters the title of you movie. I would recommend it to both believers and non-believers to watch.

Though it is just a video short one at that I believe it makes some excellent points.

As far as if I believe gods dead. Well if god is alive he is the best in the universe at hide and seek. In fact I would say he is a fanatic at it.

I give up already come out and show your self. ....hmmm...still nothin.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Nah God isn't dead...

I think HE just doesn't waste his time with people that won't listen

And people who are starving, diseased, broke, homeless, abused, etc.

This does not mean he is dead, does it?

Maybe he's just an asshole.
or maybe he is just a dick. But perhaps that suffering is what we need to grow just like his son promoted. In other words perhaps every negative utterance of him will lead to suffering and he is just giving them a chance to pay the piper.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
That which does not exist cannot die...

This is just another typicaly awful and dishonest American christian movie.

The 'atheist' professor character is a complete shill.

Its the definition of propaganda

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369 First you gotta prove he does not exist. Maybe he just does not like you and has chosen to give you that viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Prezbo369 First you gotta prove he does not exist.

I do? why?

Has the claim for it's existence been proven?

Maybe he just does not like you and has chosen to give you that viewpoint.

Maybe, maybe such a creature only talks in ancient palestinian and I don't?

Or maybe we just have people who are silly enough to believe desert cults and superstitions.

What's more likely?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join