It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sunken Kingdom Re-emerges

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

When the sea swallowed part of Britain’s western coastline this year and then spat it out again, leaving homes and livelihoods destroyed but also a dense forest of prehistoric tree stumps more exposed than ever, it was as if one had caught a faint glimpse of that Welsh Atlantis.

i love reading stuff like this i hope all the people envolved in the search find some incredible stuff before mother nature recalims everything. Maybe this is the one upside of global warming , is that we get a chance to see long forgotten relics

a suken kingdom re-emerges
edit on 2-7-2014 by jed001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jed001

Awesome, thanks for bringing it.

…But the floods and storms that battered Britain earlier this year…

Especially that Stags hoof print in the mud. (see the photo in OP link).

For a moment the mind swims with a scene of forest canopy and birds singing as a lone stag moves silently through the shadows.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i was hoping that some members from the area could add even more to what is going on a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jed001
i was hoping that some members from the area could add even more to what is going on a reply to: intrptr

British coastline has been eroding for thousands of years. In 500 years, some parts of the coastline have move inland by 3 miles (5000 metres). There are old maps that show villages, roads and churches that no longer exist. These days, you have people who buy a home with acres of garden next to a beach, only to see their garden disappear over the years.

Whenever there is a severe storm, the large sea swells and waves scrape away all the sediment slopes underwater. That sucks away all the sand and land above sea level as well. Then all sorts of archaeological artifacts appear.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Marvelous, just look at all that ancient wood. I wonder what other goodies from long ago will turn up with it?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jed001

nice find s@f

but

there is no global warming, just little correction for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
that is not what i heard
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
awesome

new topics

top topics

join