It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Symbols found on children's shopping site---Weird subliminal or just being "artsy"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey everyone,
I subscribe to a site called Zulily, it has flash sales for children's products, home items, what have you.

Now part of my personal awakening has been becoming aware of at least WHEN symbols are employed, if not also why.

Today, I got onto Zulily, and the background had 3 symbols that they are added to the background since last night.

Now to see the symbols best you have to be scrolling, so its super hard to get a screenshot of all of them---I will continue to try but here is a description.

1) Flower of life. Harmless in my opinion but an easily identifiable spiritual symbol popping up overnight on a non-spiritual site? Catches my attention.
2) This one features an upward-pointing triangle with a dot in the center, surrounded by a downward-facing triangle, and 4 concentric circles.
3) An upwards-facing pentagram with the top 3 points circled. This is so hidden that it can only be seen scrolling around on the site, it really is behind all the picture and text until you're looking for it.

So I'm just really curious about any meanings these symbols might hold. Not to mention on the front page there is a little UFO abducting a cow. I seriously feel like I am not getting a joke, but to me, these symbols are serious and indicate something.

Okay guys, here is the screenshots I could get. I just find it so bizarre that this happened over night, and these symbols specifically. Figure ATS is a good crowd-sourcing place, lots of you guys are great with symbols, sigils, etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

but to me, these symbols are serious and indicate something.

That's your problem right there...

On another note, they are hiring for a Graphic Designer in Seattle, so I'd suggest getting your resume together, submitting it here www.zulily.com... (you can use me as a reference), and then when you land the job, you can change the background to your liking.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I do appreciate your response, that point exactly is why I bring these things up here to discuss instead of putting much more than curiosity into them. I got no clue if there is intent behind these symbols, and that's what matters.

To quote myself, " I seriously feel like I am not getting a joke" with so many esoteric symbols becoming rather mainstream!
Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Just looking at the source, they have lots of different background images which they seem to rotate for special occasions.

Try these:

mcdn.zulilyinc.com...

mcdn.zulilyinc.com...

mcdn.zulilyinc.com...

Edit:

Here we go. Check out the file name. 2014 UFO Day!

July 2 is apparently World UFO Day, and this seems to be their way of marking it.

mcdn.zulilyinc.com...

edit on 2-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like general artsy geometry to me. Also pretty much just like the abstract art style geometric designs my 6 year old doodles.

If I were to doodle a circle with a random shape or two within, and make it aesthetically pleasing, are you going to assert claims of symbolism, too? Sometimes you just need to step back, and pull yourself together from the deep end.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't see any sacred geometry in any of this it might make you think that at first blush. This looks more like someone looking to fill space on a webpage background. Nothing evil going on there drive on through.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
To me it's clear they are crop circle designs.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah
agreed

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah

Yep, fits in with the World UFO Day angle, which is confirmed by the image filename.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Oh awesome! Had no idea, I've only noticed them change the theme for 'larger' holidays. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

Yeah once Rob posted the background image it was a lot easier to see the theme---didn't know it was UFO Day either, so there we go.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48
That's amazing- I never would have known that. I dismissed them as others did, I thought they were just artsy filler. The circle and triangle is the same as the symbol for the Order of the Triad on Venture Bros., but I thought it was a fluke.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Until Rob posted the entire image I could only view the little bits of the images that weren't overlayed with the items on sale. I realize I jumped to a strange conclusion, and I love that it turned out to be about UFO Day. Rob also posted some other backgrounds they use for other holidays, and in my own defense this theme is supposed to be "out of this world"!

Mystery would've been solved quicker if I had any idea how to use a computer and read the file name!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

They appear to be "watermarks" identifying the company's copyright. They are normal, and our company has them as well. They arent to be really seen without some effort.

In a court of law, they can be scrutinized as a identity mark establishing true and original ownership.

They are not subliminal, as arent most of the MSM and Alternative media's copyright mark. If you look close, almost all have them.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

They look like crop circles. Artys, yes - maybe more... one never knows.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Could it be... SATAN!?

new topics

top topics

join