It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you go about selling vintage art on line?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's the thing.
I have a nice old Navajo sand panting but what makes this one really special is it was done as part of a healing ceremony for a returning WWII vet, a Navajo code talker at that. The label on the back says all that too.

It's something I picked up at a yard sale of all places... and I know something like this has to have value to like an art collector...or WWII collector...or whatever...

thing is I have no idea how to get in touch with them? I tried calling a few folks listed on line...

you know how it is... don't want to just send it off to someone then get ripped off...

Anyone out there know how to go about the process? where I should start, who I should talk too? Don't feel bad about talking down to me either I really am a newbe when it comes to art

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Is there an art gallery anywhere near by?

If memory serves me well Hardcorps you live out the sticks or I could be confusing you with another member but if you do then I would say the answer is no.

So obviously why you are asking for something online.

Here are some links I googled if they help

www.menziesartbrands.com...

www.lawsonmenzies.com.au...

www.valuemystuff.com...

www.findartinfo.com...

didnt look at the sites so sorry if they are no good.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
E bay. You can search for similar art to get an idea about what to charge. We get stuff at the thrift store for 50¢ a lb. We then sell the items on e bay for lots more. We've sold vintage plates for up to $25.00 We sold a book for $50.00
Anyway it's easy enough to create an account and set up a paypal account. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And with e bay you can't get ripped off. Buyers have to pay before you ship and that includes shipping charges. You can get an idea on shipping charges at your local post office. Priority mail with insure your package.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yeah I'm out in the boonies... Grand Junction is like a 2 hour drive north from here.
as the crow fly's it's not fay... just all those twisty mountain roads I got to take to get there.

I did think about going down to Farmington NM. that's just south of here.
but a buddy of mine said when he tried to sell some of his NA jewelry down there they offered him pennies on the dollar.

So like I said I'm kind of at a loss on who and how you get the right kind of people to look at it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sounds like a plan... but I guess I need to get an appraisal done first...

that's another thing I got to learn how to do?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You may want to check local laws regarding selling native American artifacts. Apparently there are some restrictions on it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sand paintings like this are okay...

Back when I was a kid they had a lot of grave robbers though.

They just tear into old Native burial sites looking for pots and stuff.

one of this nations greatest treasures, Chaco canyon was first discovered by grave robbers--- high class ones... they dug up all kinds of stuff and sent it back to NY to be sold to collectors... That's how it got to be a national park... out of a need to protect our heritage and most historic places

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Online art brokerages.

I googled and there are even some in Colorado.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

-deleted by member-

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join