It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot allegedly photographed in Virginia on June 28, 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
[I couldn't find this anywhere on ATS (surprisingly), if it has been posted already, add a link to the first one and close mine]

The story is pretty compelling, more so than the image, but, considering it was shot on a cell phone and the photographer has (or is willing to) handed the phone over to forensics experts so they can extract the RAW image, with no changes, from the phone it's shaping up to be an interesting Bigfoot story.

According to the story some 25 years ago father, son and brother were camping, hunting, and fishing out in the Virginia wilds. One evening well after dark the son keeps seeing "red eyes" peering at him from beyond the fire light. The father tells the kid to shoot where he sees the eyes, which is an absolutely stupid thing to tell someone to do and after the kid squeezes off the round they claim they heard the terrible shriek, extremely loud shuffling/crushing of trees, and then a huge splash into the nearby lake. The next morning they get up and have a look at the area the noise came from and they claim it looked like something huge had been drug through all the way to the water, the little trees were all bent or broken, etc...

Fast forward 25 years to last week, June 28, 2014 to be exact, and we find the father is back in the same spot, the spot he and his sons had been telling the above story of for 25 years. He says he saw Bigfoot, plain as day and got a picture of him with the only camera he had with him, his Verizon cell phone.

Springer...

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
#1. Worst BF video of all time.

#2. How does this crap keep getting posted?

#3. Who stars & flags this garbage?

#4. Where is my beer?

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
4 min 28 sec of text, 10 seconds showing the 2 pictures.
Really?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

For all the distant low-res picture, that looks like a black bear standing up to me. Or a man in a suit. Or just about anything.

edit on 2-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Someone should call Trapper and his A.I.M.S.team for an investigation.Their in Virginia.
Btw, if bigfoots supposedly weigh 5 or 600lbs.that one must be the runt of the litter.
edit on CDTWedam3961 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Someone in a ghillie suit?

People use to try harder in the past

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The lengths some people will go to to keep everyone else away from their favourite fishing holes.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Tantilizing..

Now that I live here in Virginia I may have to start tip toeing through the tulips more often...

*With a better camera than they had obviously

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Showing the two pictures, one can see that from both perspectives the bigfoot has not moved at all.
This leads me to think that we are seeing a burned out tree, from some sort of fire.

I think it's very possible that "Bigfoot" as it is known exists in some sense. The species has been spotted all around the globe, for many years. And we have explored about as much of our forests as our deep oceans, which is not very much to say the least.

However, this does not look like sound bigfoot evidence.
Maybe if someone can make a gif of the two pictures, it'd help them see what I am seeing here?

The only way I could step back from my stance would be this: If the two pictures were taken at the exact same time. And I mean exact.
edit on 2-7-2014 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I keep saying, if Les Stroud can't find Bigfoot, he probably doesn't exist. That said, I feel kind of meh about it, a large ape type creature that is slightly off from what we already know about just doesn't seem to be too exciting to me anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think it's pretty neat.

While I do believe they are out there, to be honest, I don't want one caught. We all know what that will result in.
Besides having every nut job in the world running to the area with their guns.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

No joke I knew a fisherman who would wear bright red speedos and stand wearing only that on the bow of his little fishing boat waving at other hopeful fishermen to creep them out and scare them away from his favorite fishing hole when they would encroach. Seemed to work because we never went near the guy when he was there. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a local fisherman doing the scooby do villain act to keep others away.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What would happen if we found it/them? Would we go down the road of putting them in Zoo's and doing Experiments on them? Could we just leave them as they are? Would that be possible knowing that they are alot of gun nuts who love the hunt fix.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I liked the prelude text, which pretty much says 'I'm not saying it's bigfoot, but it's bigfoot." And honestly in this day in age with all the 'cellphone' tech there should've been more than a few stills, video footage would've easily been captured.

I won't rule it out immediately though, I had a similar experience back in '89 (which is a story for another time.) Nowadays anecdotal and witness evidence has more credence than actual evidence because footage can be doctored.

edit on 2-7-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Les Stroud is a total bad ass, and if anyone will find this illusive species it could be him!

I grew up in Northern California, home of the redwoods. Our forests are absolutely massive in scale, and not only so- they are dense. So dense that if one were to walk 30 feet off the beaten path then spin in a circle, they would have no idea which direction they came from.
Point being, anything could be out there. We really just don't know.

Would be nice if we could nab a billionaire to buy a satellite with infra-red technology- and have it just sit in areas that have a high bigfoot traffic.

Living there though, I have met dozens of people from all professions and walks of life who have sworn up and down that they witnessed a bigfoot. As a witness to impressive UFOs, I unfortunately am a subscriber to the "seeing is believing" philosophy.... Until I see one for myself, I can't "believe" or "disbelieve"... They are just stories, but testimony that increasingly becomes more interesting to me as I continue to keep an open mind.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It has got to be a burned out tree.
Anyone skilled at gif making, please do a quick slide between the two available pictures.
I'm confident it will expose the truth of this evidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I certainly can't make it out, and I agree there should be more pictures but I wasn't there so I don't know what the circumstances were. It seems a little dubious that you've been telling a story for 25 years, you go back to the same spot and you only manage to get two indistinguishable images.

If I'd been wondering what that "thing" my son took a blind shot in the dark at for 25 years, suspecting all the while that it was Bigfoot, and I went back to the spot it happened and actually saw Bigfoot leaning up against a tree, I'd have been clicking the pictures non stop.

A hoaxer on the other hand would likely just get the bare minimum required to make a splash. I am certainly not stating the shooter is a hoaxer, I'm merely pointing out what my 30+ years experience exposing hoaxes indicates.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm much more inclined to think that is a small black bear as well, standing near the water's edge. The author claims the photo's are "not blurry, clear shots," but it's lacks any detail and too distant to determine anything at all about it. Man in a suit? Bear? Any features at all?

Sadly this looks more like an attempt to garner views and hook subscribers than a real Bigfoot encounter. Over 4 minutes of slow crawling text relating some story from 25 years ago then a few seconds at the end showing the photos that could easily be a black bear.

If I were a more cynical person, I might think this was a simple black bear encounter in which someone ginned up a Bigfoot back story for in a bid for internet fame.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure where on the intercoastal this is exactly but the great dismal swamp did have a pretty big fire a few years back that burned for weeks. It was in an area they couldn't get the trucks to. Generally fires are allowed to burn themselves out in there as the swamp tends to contain them. reply to: ThinkingCap

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yes, this is not bigfoot. It is a burned tree.
I am 100% confident of this!

Thanks for the fine investigative work, now we need us a gifmaker for the two photos.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join