It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quinnipiac Poll - July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would like to see these polls broken down by AGE OF RESPONDENTS. I work for and talk to people of all ages. It seems that the older a person is, the more he/she like Presidents that were in power when he/she was healthy, young and vibrant. Conversely, older people are least happy with Presidents who were in power after they turned age 60.

In the 2040 poll, people who are in their 30's today will probably see the Bush's and Obama as the best Presidents, and whoever is in power in 2040 as one of the worst.
edit on 7/6/2014 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Nixon nailed down the last nail on America's coffin in 1971. Since then, the middle class is rapidly disappearing. Obama is simply getting the blame for a rotting corpse. Hardly fair despite the fact he is a blatant Marxist/Communist as proven by Obamacare. Of course Obamacare can only come out as a fascist program since the US is now fascist... a twisted blend of public big government with private big corporations. But he really did mean for it to be Marxist/Communist.

Its funny that as Obamacare came out capitalism was and is being blamed for America's problems. Ridiculous, really. Capitalism has been long dead. Reagan was nothing more than a shill that did nothing to bring it back. I think there was a slight lowering of taxe while nearly doubling federal government employee payroll counts. Hah! Good one Uncle Sam, you are funny in a self-loathing suicidal kind of way.

LBJ and FDR were the worst presidents on the grounds they hated capitalism the most, and therefore destroyed the middle class the most. But they can't out-do Nixon, worst of the worst, because ultimately someone was there to nail the last nail on America's coffin, and it was Nixon.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here's my list I based this on numerous factors not limited to economy...

1 being the best...

1. John F. Kennedy -Amazing president. Cuban Missile Crisis, Space Program, He just filled the nation with hope.
2. Dwight D. Eisenhower - Strong Leader--Just what the country needed.
3. Bill Clinton - He was an underrated President. If not for his infidelity...oh well. The country prospered.
4. Ronald Reagan - legacy is soiled by Iran Contra but he was a good leader during the height of the cold war
5. Harry S. Truman - solid but overrated in my opinion.
6. Gerald Ford - Solid and overrated. You can't really name anything about his presidency. Uneventful.
7. Barack Obama - Underrated. He's low on this list because he didn't keep his word on transparency and whistleblowers and a few other things and because he was ineffectual at times. No president has every had to endure the full might of the right wing hate machine like he did though. whew.
8. Jimmy Carter - he was ineffectual. To his credit, he has used his post presidency to make the world a better place in dozens of very effective ways. More than any other president. I respect this man greatly. If he would have hit his stride during his presidency.
9. George H. W. Bush - One of the worse presidents ever, but what could you expect of Ex CIA?
10. George W. Bush - Like father like son except an imperialist who had no qualms of invading any country he wanted. two failed war and 9/11-a massive intelligence failure at the least.
11. Richard Nixon - would have been worst ever except for the worst ever.
12. Lyndon B. Johnson -Vietnam ...escalated it and handled it badly. a debacle. His social programs, I truly believe, were the work of the man before him at number 1.

These last four presidents are just vile, in my opinion. Evil men. Just editing to add that I had a really hard time putting Obama lower on the list because of the last 5. How can you put him lower than Carter? Can you? What about Nixon and Johnson? I think that would be impossible and then the two bushes. Really think about what you're saying when you reply here.
edit on 7-7-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

7. Barack Obama - Underrated. He's low on this list because he didn't keep his word on transparency and whistleblowers and a few other things and because he was ineffectual at times.

No president has every had to endure the full might of the right wing hate machine like he did though. whew.

Maybe that's because no President before has ever unleashed the wrath of the ultra-Progressive agenda like he has.

edit on Jul-07-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

7. Barack Obama - Underrated. He's low on this list because he didn't keep his word on transparency and whistleblowers and a few other things and because he was ineffectual at times.

No president has every had to endure the full might of the right wing hate machine like he did though. whew.

Maybe that's because no President before has ever unleashed the wrath of the ultra-Progressive agenda like he has.

I don't think so. Again I think most of Obama's problem is just being ineffective and waffling on some of these issues...seeming to cave instead of stand up...letting Democratic leadership like Reid and Pelosi take the reigns and telling him what to do. In my Opinion, but never before have the likes of mentally ill people like Hannity, Limbaugh and coulter and those people had so much airtime and say and influence. It's maddening.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Obama has been too moderate and spineless in my opinion.

his efforts at "reaching across the isle" watered down legislation before it went to congress to be compromized further.

but his presidency is merely showing the symptoms of underlying problems with our system, that is money in politics.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I don't think so. Again I think most of Obama's problem is just being ineffective and waffling on some of these issues...seeming to cave instead of stand up...letting Democratic leadership like Reid and Pelosi take the reigns and telling him what to do.

Ah but that's one of the clever tactics isn't it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join