It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quinnipiac Poll - July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

A time or choosing.

We were warned.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Don't worry...

The next president will soon become the "worst in history" by the time he/she has ended their term.

That's just the direction this country is headed.

(This is in no way an endorsement of the current POTUS)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Clinton signed NAFTA.

Aye.

And that's what probably killed off most of Reagan's policies.

The ultra-Progressives did the damage.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And that's what probably killed off most of Reagan's policies.

Oh yeah!

Instead, what happened? NAFTA was sold as a policy that would reduce America's trade deficit. But our trade balance actually worsened against both Canada and Mexico.

For the four years prior to NAFTA's implementation in 1994, America's annual deficit with Canada averaged a modest $8.1 billion. Twelve years later, it was up to $71 billion

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

I think reagan should be on the list of the worst, along with bush and obama.

Is that right ?

seriously, Iran-Contra seems to eclipse even nixon in "wrong-ness", and the attempt to follow "trickle-down"/"supply-side"-economics was idiotic.

If one to were to IGNORE :

Fast and Furious, GUNS FOR VOTES.

If one to were to IGNORE:

IRS targeting of the administrations critics.

If one to were to IGNORE:

The current potus arming terrorists in Syria.

If one were to IGNORE:

Their complete fabrication of the events in Benghazi.

George H. W. Bush, (the first bush) seems to be one of the better ones, if only because he backed out of a campeign promise, and raised taxes to cover Ronnie's deficit, at the cost of his political career.

Like backing out of closing gitmo ?

Like stealing social security funds ?

Like LYING how AQ is 'decimated' ?

Like LYING how the 'war on terror' is over ?

Carter and Obama both have the same problem, weakness in the face of domestic opponents.

The same problem as EPIC foreign, and domestic policy FAILURES.

FDR was the exact opposite, he "welcome(d) their hatered.", and basically was willing to play hardball to get legislation passed. FDR set the stage for an era of relative economic prosperity and class-equality.

All government, in its essence, is a conspiracy against the superior man: its one permanent object is to oppress him and cripple him. If it be aristocratic in organization, then it seeks to protect the man who is superior only in law against the man who is superior in fact; if it be democratic, then it seeks to protect the man who is inferior in every way against both. One of its primary functions is to regiment men by force, to make them as much alike as possible and as dependent upon one another as possible, to search out and combat originality among them. All it can see in an original idea is potential change, and hence an invasion of its prerogatives. The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are. The Smart Set (December 1919)

en.wikiquote.org...

LOL class 'equality' !!!

There is no such thing. There will never be such a thing.

No matter how many government programs they make.

Clinton was a neo-liberal, favoring free trade and the like, however was unable to pass legistlation that would soften the negative effects of Free-trade policies, (IE: single-payer healthcare, and/or "smarter" social-welfare programs)

There is no such thing as 'smarter' social welfare programs.

Amazing that some think there is.

The only smart social welfare program is NONE at all.

The only thing people who support that asinine ideology are doing is creating the worlds largest zoo.

Ya know that place where they tell the visitors 'not to feed the animals'.

Social welfare advocates want to create the worlds largest zoo where the 'wildlife' is unable to fend for itself.

And make those shills on capital hill. The worlds highest paid zoo keepers.

Lyndon Johnson was just trying to please too many people at once.. w

That the same Johnson who created the 'War on Poverty' that has been a raging success. To now there never before in this nations history. There are more people broke, More dependent on government for their existence. Than in this entire nations history.

Government policy has gotten quite inflexible lately

Because we have an ideologue in the White House. Who thinks his own snip doesn't stink.
edit on 2-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how different all these polls would be, had Republicans not been petty obstructionist pricks from day one.

edit on 980WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoJuluWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
I can't help but wonder how different all these polls would be, had Republicans not been petty obstructionist pricks from day one.

Or,

if Democrats had been more cooperative and accommodating to the actual needs of the population as a whole.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
His failure is largely due to the do nothing House. He has not been able to really do anything which can be argued is good or bad. Obama never had a chance with the Tea Party and Republican led House. We will never really know what he might have accomplished if he did not have a do nothing congress.

One can also argue it is a lack of leadership on his part that he has not been able to get the congress to do anything but truth is other than Obama Care he has not passed any laws of note during his tenure. The silly executive orders can be reversed on day one of the next President if they so wish.

Presidents have very little true power to make change in US law if they cannot get compromise out of the congress. It takes all 3 branches to change law.

The failure is not just Obama it is the entire government since his election has failed. He is certainly a large part of that failure though. He failed to lead.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

His failure is largely due to the do nothing House. He has not been able to really do anything which can be argued is good or bad. Obama never had a chance with the Tea Party and Republican led House. We will never really know what he might have accomplished if he did not have a do nothing congress.

Thank God his anticipated "accomplishments" (i.e. "failures") have been check-mated in enough instances to avoid total economic and social collapse.

Unless of course we consider the first two years he had with a full Democrat Congress. Enough damage was done in that short time span to last 100 years.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Policies change and are reflective of the mood of the voters of the time.

Obama may not be the worst, but he is the most inept president in my lifetime.

Carter would be #2.
Clinton, #3.
Bush Sr. #4.
Bush jr #5.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Obama never had a chance with the Tea Party and Republican led House.

Well that is a load of crap.

The country got a full taste of democrats gone wild from 2008 to 2010.

And the country said hell no you can't.

Elected the right in to the house.

Funny thing here is ?

Obama is a victim of himself.

The country didn't like democrats gone wild.

They did not like that one damn bit.

The left could have done any number of things when they held the trifecta of government power.

They blew it.

And they have no one to 'blame' FTW, but themselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Perhaps one of the "worst" was Teddy Roosevelt.

He was the very first RINO and he started the "Progressive" Party !!

Many of his focused policies led right into the current Federal Reserve/IRS system.

More Democrats followed Roosevelt's thinking than Republicans of the time.

He was a true turncoat/banker idealist. Many ideals of the original Progressives were based on many Marx principals.

The First RINO Progressive

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

As for Reagan

I am not disagreeing with you, but his ability to unite the country in his second term is amazing, I doubt we will ever see that type of results again.

1984 Election Map

As for Obama, I don't think he is the worst President at all, he is however the greatest disappointment in the last 100 years.
He can't blame Bush anymore either.

edit on 2-7-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Obama was elected more than a year after I had left the US for the last time so I really can't offer a valid personal opinion of him myself. GW Bush was the worst president I recall having experienced in my lifetime and it seems he and Obama have been slugging it out for that dubious distinction. It appears in the latest poll Obama is now currently holding that title, by at least a small margin.

Congratulations, you now seem to have found someone ostensibly worse than Bush. I can see a lot of responders in this thread are supremely pleased by this. That is really something to be proud of, I'm sure. Keep up the good work.

edit on 2-7-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The problem with Obama is that finally people are seeing that he has no inner convictions.
He was a con man as a candidate, all promises and charisma but in office it’s clear he hasn’t got anything in his vapid soul.
But a desire to see JZ and Beyance in the white house

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately, a lot of Americans don't understand that the Republican led House, which refuses to do anything but consistently and constantly bash Obama, holds most of the responsibility for the lack of improvement in America. Its laughable that they'll continue to hold power (and possibly the Senate too!) after the coming midterm elections.

Worst president ever? Without a doubt in the world: Ronald Wilson Reagan.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Reagan the best president since WW2 lol that's a laugh. People really need to read some history and see the damage he did to this country. He started the war on the middle class, helped pave the way for NAFTA and gave control of the nation to the banks/wall street and the military industrial complex. Under him the debt went spiraling out of control and the nation is still feeling the effects of his voodoo economics. He sold weapons to terrorist and shipped coc aine in by the ton. The man was the worst president in American history.

Holy crap I am agreeing with buster. The end is nigh. Obama might not be the worst president we have ever had but he might be the antichrist.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Obama might not be the worst president we have ever had but he might be the antichrist.

Obama the anticrhrist?

Yep.

Since apparently he thinks he is the 'creator' from where all our rights come from.

Hence one could call him the 'antichrist'.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: redhorse

Obama might not be the worst president we have ever had but he might be the antichrist.

Obama the anticrhrist?

Yep.

Since apparently he thinks he is the 'creator' from where all our rights come from.

Hence one could call him the 'antichrist'.

Wild rumors are circulating.

In the wake of the Hobby Lobby defeat, Obama has ordered all senior staff and cabinet secretaries to take a "mandatory" refresher course on religious etiquette and correctness.

This will apply to HHS in particular and how religion applies to Obama.Care.

The course will be visual only since they can't seem to be able to read well enough to be effective.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the LORD

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Reagan the best president since WW2 lol that's a laugh. People really need to read some history and see the damage he did to this country. He started the war on the middle class, helped pave the way for NAFTA and gave control of the nation to the banks/wall street and the military industrial complex. Under him the debt went spiraling out of control and the nation is still feeling the effects of his voodoo economics. He sold weapons to terrorist and shipped coc aine in by the ton. The man was the worst president in American history.

This might surprise you coming from me ... but I can't find one thing in your post to have a disagreement over.

The real problem with Reagan, if I might add, was that he was adored by the blind ... much as was 0bama at first. The difference between the two, as men, is that Reagan had an opportunity to polish himself up in the acting business, before taking on the job as actor-in-chief.

Folks ... this is ATS. We all 'know' there's a political agenda. Always has been ... always will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join