It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quinnipiac Poll - July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting Quinnipiac Poll .... listing in order of worst and best POTUS' since WWII. Polls can be skewed to make them say whatever the pollster wants. But this one seems all over the place in regards to left/right. So I'm thinking it may be accurate.

Listing in order of worst POTUS' since WWII
1 - Obama
2 - Bush43
3 - Nixon

Listing in order of best POTUS' since WWII
1 - Reagan
2 - Bill Clinton
3 - John Kennedy

Quinnipiac Poll - July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII

President Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, 33 percent of American voters say in a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today. Another 28 percent pick President George W. Bush.

Ronald Reagan is the best president since WWII, 35 percent of voters say, with 18 percent for Bill Clinton, 15 percent for John F. Kennedy and 8 percent for Obama, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. Among Democrats, 34 percent say Clinton is the best president, with 18 percent each for Obama and Kennedy.

Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, 39 percent of voters say, while 40 percent say he is worse. Men say 43 - 36 percent that Obama is worse than Bush while women say 42 - 38 percent he is better. Obama is worse, Republicans say 79 - 7 percent and independent voters say 41 - 31 percent. Democrats say 78 - 4 percent that he is better.

MY PERSONAL LIST of worst -

1 - Obama
2 - Bush43
3 - Lyndon Johnson
4 - Jimmy Carter
5 - Richard Nixon
6 - Gerald Ford

MY PERSONAL LIST of best (or should I say .. less worse than the 'worst' list) -
1 - Ronald Reagan
2 - Dwight Eisenhower
3 - Bill Clinton
4 - John Kennedy
edit on 7/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: put Johnson as #3 instead of Carter

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

See in my eyes between Bush and Obama, it should be a 1 and 1A.

1. Bush
1A. Obama
then 2.
and so on...

I am a big fan of Clinton, I wasn't around paying attention to politics when Reagan was in office so I have no opinion of the man...But Clinton was my favorite and comparing to the rest since I was around, it is by a HUGE amount! The Bush(s) sucked, Obama is bad but I think Bush has him for the worst although Obama is climbing as his second term continues on....All the executive orders are going to be his legacy, Bush had vacations...(over 40% of his time in office was at one retreat or another....)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
I am a big fan of Clinton

When he was in office I didn't like him much. But I admit that after dealing with Obama and Bush43, I'd rather have Clinton in. Baggage and corruption and all. He's still better than Obama or Bush43.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Carter probably didn't make the "worst" list because he's so forgettable lol I'd put him right under Obama with Johnson following.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22
I probably should have listed Johnson as worse than Carter on my personal list. I am of the opinion that Johnson 'offed' Kennedy. Even though Carter was useless, that's still 'less bad' then actually murdering the previous POTUS and taking his job. Maybe I'll go back and change that, now that I think of it ...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In my life time:

Worst:
1. Carter
2. Obama
3. Johnson
4. Bush
5. Bush
6. Ford
7.Nixon

Best:
1. Reagan
2. Kennedy
3. Clinton

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
While certainly a headline worthy of some attention, I think the rest of the poll is very telling as well.

Most of the individual questions are split down part lines as you would expect, so if you look at the following columns of ind voters, you see that most are unhappy with the current administration. Here are just a few highlights:

America would be better off if Republican Mitt Romney had won the 2012 presidential election, 45 percent of voters say, while 38 percent say the country would be worse off.

American voters say 54 - 44 percent that the Obama Administration is not competent running the government.

Obama gets negative grades for his handling of most key issues:

Negative 40 - 55 percent for handling the economy;
Negative 37 - 57 percent for foreign policy;
Negative 40 - 58 percent for health care;
50 - 40 percent for the environment;
Negative 44 - 51 percent for terrorism;

And for some comparison over time of public opinion of Obama v Bush

TREND: Do you think Barack Obama has been a better President than George W. Bush, worse, or about the same as President Bush?

Jul 02 Jan 13 Nov 17 Jul 21 Jan 13
2014 2011 2010 2010 2010

Better 39 46 43 42 43
Worse 40 30 37 32 30
About the same 20 22 19 23 23

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I like your list better, it makes more sense and offers a bit of reality. I remember just like it was yesterday driving down the frwy wondering if I was going to afford the new house I was trying to buy when Carter was president. The interest rate was 17% and inflation was out of control. Boy am I giving out my age or what.

During Regan work was crazy, everyone was busy making a buck, and the US just didn't seem as mean as it does now. I have never seen us more divided as a nation than we are now.

Less worse than the worst... Oh that is accurate.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Reagan the best president since WW2 lol that's a laugh. People really need to read some history and see the damage he did to this country. He started the war on the middle class, helped pave the way for NAFTA and gave control of the nation to the banks/wall street and the military industrial complex. Under him the debt went spiraling out of control and the nation is still feeling the effects of his voodoo economics. He sold weapons to terrorist and shipped coc aine in by the ton. The man was the worst president in American history.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Reagan the best president since WW2 lol that's a laugh. People really need to read some history and see the damage he did to this country. He started the war on the middle class, helped pave the way for NAFTA and gave control of the nation to the banks/wall street and the military industrial complex. Under him the debt went spiraling out of control and the nation is still feeling the effects of his voodoo economics. He sold weapons to terrorist and shipped coc aine in by the ton. The man was the worst president in American history.

You speak as some type of authority. Your not.

There is a reason he was loved, respected and feared.

I did despise he and his wife's stance on drug policies though. People still suffering the consequences of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think the poll is aimed at the wrong data. It should poll the worst voters. Then Obama would rank undeniably #1.
edit on 7-2-2014 by jrflipjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

You speak as some type of authority. Your not.

I never said I was in any position of authority did I? Anyone can search what I said and it is the truth.

There is a reason he was loved, respected and feared.

Yes it was because of the propaganda campaign paid for by his wealthy buddies that he gave huge tax cuts too. He was also feared by the farmers he put out of work due to his ridiculous grain embargo.

I did despise he and his wife's stance on drug policies though. People still suffering the consequences of it.

We agree on one thing that war on drugs has been nothing but a giant waste of money.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Reagan the best?! When other nations make fun of our uninformed voters, it's because of crap like this poll.

You can trace nearly every major aspect of our currently-failing economy back to his policies.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reagan better than Kennedy???....what a screwed up poll.....
fas.org...

the above is the iran-contra scandal results under Reagan....maybe if there was an Obama scandal that lead to eleven convictions in his top cabinet posts....republicans would hail him also, as being the best president.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think reagan should be on the list of the worst, along with bush and obama.

seriously, Iran-Contra seems to eclipse even nixon in "wrong-ness", and the attempt to follow "trickle-down"/"supply-side"-economics was idiotic.

George H. W. Bush, (the first bush) seems to be one of the better ones, if only because he backed out of a campeign promise, and raised taxes to cover Ronnie's deficit, at the cost of his political career.

Carter and Obama both have the same problem, weakness in the face of domestic opponents.

FDR was the exact opposite, he "welcome(d) their hatered.", and basically was willing to play hardball to get legislation passed. FDR set the stage for an era of relative economic prosperity and class-equality.

Lyndon Johnson was just trying to please too many people at once.. with a great society and de-segregation, he had to support the war in vietnam so he didn't look like a filthy-red-communist. Nixon should have wrapped things up in southeast asia faster, but was actually alright aside from bombing cambodia and laos.

Ford wasn't really noteworthy.

Clinton was a neo-liberal, favoring free trade and the like, however was unable to pass legistlation that would soften the negative effects of Free-trade policies, (IE: single-payer healthcare, and/or "smarter" social-welfare programs)
Really I think there was a change between Nixon and Clinton, one that I think is under-addressed on this forum.

Government policy has gotten quite inflexible lately, ironically I think this is more-or-less the result of a desire to stomp out incompetence or mismangagement. see "The Rule Of Nobody " by Philip K. Howard...
edit on 2-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The poll is over, the results are in so you can't revise.
Obama is worse POTUS since WWII and now there is proof lol.

Your pick is actually the best, maybe you need to revise your polar opposite opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The best President ever was William Henry Harrison.

He did the least amount of damage.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
According to extreme right wingers I should think so.

originally posted by: Bilk22
Carter probably didn't make the "worst" list because he's so forgettable lol I'd put him right under Obama with Johnson following.

Jimmy Carter was one of the best presidents.

Just as a small example, he's the president responsible for the Freedom of Information act, among other things.

But, again, completely unsurprising that you should think this way. It's to be expected of the extreme right point of view.
edit on C0321f31America/ChicagoWednesday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Chiftel
LOL

Carter also signed F.I.S.A.

The ultra-Left Wing is a Fascist faction.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Reagan the best president since WW2 lol that's a laugh. People really need to read some history and see the damage he did to this country.

Yeah disparaging Reagan like that is a laugh.

Funny how epic democratic presidential failures NEVER seem to get acknowledged.

He started the war on the middle class, helped pave the way for NAFTA and gave control of the nation to the banks/wall street and the military industrial complex.

How the hell did he 'accomplish' that eh ?

Clinton signed NAFTA.

The war on the middle class began long before Reagan ever got in to office.

Even bigger laugh them 'evil' bankers!

Funny how Reagan haters,and Democratic apologists NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE they created something far WORSE than the MIC.

The WIC.

The WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

That accounts for over 2/3's of current federal spending.

Corporations are evil!

Now wheres my job!

Wheres my 'living wage' ?

Wheres my free cell phones ?

Wheres my free homes ?

Wheres my free birth control ?

LOL that post was effing hilarious.

Because the LEFT will never acknowledge just how GREEDY they are.

Ya know what happened to the lefts guys like this:

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your countr

www.ushistory.org...

What happened to the left ?

And the current potus is the very personification that is EVERYTHING that is wrong with their party.

Obama is the worst president since world war 2?

Hell YES HE IS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join