It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heritage Foundation Panelist on Radical Islam.. She really makes some historical points !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

NOW NOW.

You know . . . perfectly well

that it's perfectly politically correct . . . particularly on ATS

to blackwash ALL CHRISTIANS for whatever any purported "Christians" did however many centuries ago.

Whereas, it's horrifically UN-P.C. to even mildly suggest that SOME Muslims

MAY be habitually given to stoning their daughters; slicing heads off with glee etc.

Go figure.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Show us other videos where the hands raised in a similar setting are markedly different.

Until then, I think the example speaks volumes much more accurately than the Muslim apologists hereon even begin to think of doing.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What’s wrong with you people, think historically and scientifically rather than this emotional nonsense!

Islam is a pre-modern religion going through just what Christianity went through in the Renaissance and or enlightenment. Ironically, history records it was the Arabs who aided tremendously Europe in the enlightenment.

So this pre-modern western religion, Islam, will go through its own relationship with modernity as Christianity went through.

Believe me; Christianity went through horrors of hell because of religious wars.
Think the 30 years war, and the other many wars of the Protestants versus the Catholics as well think about how they genocided the Cathars( in the first recorded genocide in world history done by the Catholic Church) the native Americans, enslaved Africans in the name of Christ

THAT WAS MAINSTREAM CHRISTIANITY BTW

Count your blessings it has made somewhat a peace with modernity.

Because of the secularist of the west

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I don't think I have sufficient skill to explain that to you.

Certainly the Heritage Foundation is a mixed bag, with far too many globalists in its ranks and leadership . . .

AS I INDICATED PREVIOUSLY.

If you don't know my attitude toward globalists, you haven't been paying the least bit of attention.

I do confess I'm a bit skeptical that you've read the whole Constitution--given some of your assertions, but I could well be wrong on that score.

Regardless, the Heritage Foundation has more on it's record in behalf of freedom and the Constitution than a long list of other think tanks funded more brazenly by the globalists.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Actually, I think Islam is due to be wiped off the planet before it ever begins to approach adolescence, much less civilized maturity.

God is not in favor of a satanic moon-god religion of any kind, shape or form.

And the day when HE wipes all also-rans off the planet is fast approaching.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Race as in running event, not a classification of humans sigh.....

Race-wins by a mile? Get it?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That’s your bigoted dogma. And believe me; Islam is more mature than the dogma you just espoused. And practically any other religion.
Also you reveal your deep hatred in desiring 2 billion people to be, as you put it, wiped out.

Is that your Christian ethics?

Jesus said love thy enemy

Jesus also said Ana Amir El Islam

I am the prince of peace

You no nothing about Islam or Jesus

All you know is your dark dogma of intolerance

edit on 2-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Where did I say the PEOPLE would be wiped out?

Putting your notions in my fingers is far from polite.

Evidently you don't know that Muslims have been converting to Christianity by the hundreds if not thousands BECAUSE

CHRIST HIMSELF has been visiting them in person and in dreams . . . families, extended families, whole tribes . . . they have to secretly find Bibles to even learn who the Lord who demonstrated and convinced them He was God . . . who He was and is.

I expect many more masses of Muslims to be converted before the religion is wiped off the planet.

All who earnestly, wholeheartedly, persistently SEEK ALMIGHTY GOD, will find Him. I think that probably applies to more Muslims than it does to thousands of purported "Christians."

BTW, I don't think you have much of a clue about my beliefs, or character.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I don’t mean any harm but with all due respect, you sound a little fanatical to me sort of like the other side of people in ISIL.

Intolerant, trying to make people believe what you believe.

The only difference is some people use magical thinking rather than a rifle.

I live by...live and let live. And when I dispute with other people of a different opinion, I at least respect their choices.

That keeps the peace.
You might try that, if you can.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I respect folks as made in God's image.

I respect folks' right to choose.

If you think I'm going to respect say . . . a parent letting a child play with a cobra . . . that's unmitigated nonsense.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, haven't watched the video all the way. but from the looks of what I did see was the equivalent of showing a bunch of white males at a Aryan Nation Convention and passing them off as representative of "average" white Americans. It's a stacked house full of like minded individuals is my point, not necessarily a real "cross section" of the actual population.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The conference in the video was held in 2013, it had about 4000 "common Sunni Muslim" attendees.

People can say this is "not representative" of all Muslims, but that is exactly the opposite of what the speakers on the day and the makers of the video say.

I think it is very telling that certain ATS members will come on this thread and totally contradict the intentions of the Muslim makers of this video(who BTW want you and I to know that this is how the majority of Muslims feel), whilst they think they are defending Islam or Muslims or whatever. I say to you that even the Muslims involved in the making of this video will tell you that you are fools, and they would be right.

edit on 2-7-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Before that other than medieval times there were no Muslim radicals like this modern kind. Of course there were off sects now and then such as do spring from any religion.

These radicals are a creation of colonialism, which helped start the Muslim Brotherhood and the Abdul Wahhab, Ibn Saud revolution that started modern Saudi Arabia.

Who are you talking about? Ottomans or British?

British helped with the DE-colonialism. The British helped free peoples from their colonial occupation & rule by the Ottomans and form independent nations. Be clear how the Ottoman empire worked---the outlying territories were ruled and exploited for money, conscripts, concubines and and slaves, and intended to be so for the long run.

There oil money allowed them, the Saudis, to spread their perverse version of Islam.

This pre-modern version eventually created the Taliban, and the Al Qaeda radicals that eventually created all this modern strife

I completely reject the common notion that just because British at one point had some authority at some point in time, then all kinds of malevolent religious and political consequences and events were solely and primarily caused by the British, even ideologies which are entirely opposed to those of the British.

People other than white European people have intrinsic drives, motivations, and moral responsibilities as well.
edit on 2-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What’s wrong with you people, think historically and scientifically rather than this emotional nonsense!

Islam is a pre-modern religion going through just what Christianity went through in the Renaissance and or enlightenment.

There's a big difference there. The Enlightment was a de-Christianization and movement towards humanistic non-religious logic and law, hundreds of years after the Renaissance. The Protestant Reformation was a movement to get back to the original austere form of the religion.

The ideological equivalent of Martin Luther of the Islamic reformation is the founder of Salafism, and the equivalent of Oliver Cromwell is Osama bin Laden, or perhaps whoever decapitates the King of Saudi Arabia and installs a truly radical Caliphate.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The British were freedom lovers? That's funny. You know how many people have fought against the British including the founders of this country.

The British were the most oppressive colonial power maybe the world has ever seen, probably worst than Rome.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Again, are you contending that all the men in that room are radicals?

No you implied that since they agreed with him that back up the percentage in the op.

I never said the video 'proves' anything. It is what it is, and like it or not it shows that the majority of attendees at the conference hold extreme views.

That still doesn't mean 15 to 25% of all Muslims are radical.

Why don't you contact the speaker in the video and tell him he is wrong.

I never said he was right or wrong about anything so why should I?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

No you implied that since they agreed with him that back up the percentage in the op.

Nope, the intention of the makers of this video was to demonstrate to everybody that all Muslims cannot be considered radicals for holding the views espoused by the speaker, I implied nothing. I suggested to people who wrongly(IMO) believe that Muslims who hold extremist beliefs are a minuscule minority in Islam that they should watch the video.

That still doesn't mean 15 to 25% of all Muslims are radical.

Of course not. It does prove that of the roughly 4000 attendees of this conference, most held what I personally would consider extreme views, do you think it's ok to stone a woman to death for adultery? Well these guys do, and according to the speaker and the people who made the video that is normal, and that we(Westerners) should accept that. According to the video makers these were "common Sunni Muslims".

I never said he was right or wrong about anything so why should I?

Your stance is in direct conflict with what the man says, and what the makers of this video say.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You've done a great job on this thread.

You seem to try hard to be logical, factual, reasonable etc.

That's very honorable, admirable.

Some folks . . . when it comes to such topics . . . just seem to be incapable of operating within those parameters.

The video was very straight forward.

Yet, some seem to be foaming at the fingers and suffering major attacks of appoplexy to even begin to think about starting to commence to imagine that the video MIGHT JUST BE 100% ACCURATE in what it says and in the evidence it presents for saying it.

Why is that? What is it about this topic that brings out such gross irrationality--of course with the usual hostility towards Christians and anyone who would DARE to suggest that Many Muslims are quite prepared to do exactly the bloody deeds their founding documents encourage them to do!

Maybe, it's because if they admit that they are wrong about that . . . what else might they be wrong about.

DOODNESS! They might even have to give up humping whatever wiggles and try and learn what a long term stable MARRIAGE to someone of the OPPOSITE sex might be like! LOL.

Better to just rant, rail and rage at anything hinting that they are wrong about their cosmology and philosophy of life. They likely wouldn't want to be uncomfortable when they lay down at night about their outrageously ME! ME! ME! focused priorities.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Thanks for your comment.

I treat Islam like every other subject, look at it for what it is, and try to be objective. I'm not against Muslim people, I'm against the ideology they follow. I know my views are not 'knee-jerk' and they are not based in fear, I am not afraid of Islam. I am angered by the disproportionate rally to the flag of "lets defend Islam" by people who believe they are being good and righteous. "The paths towards evil are paved with good intentions" is may favourite term for this do-gooder BS.

In Europe there has been a big PC coup, and a lot of people just want to run with the pack, they will not tell you what they think about something controversial for fear of causing offence. Add to that the notion that has been planted in people's head that to criticise Islam is an act of racism, I could go on all night about the Catholic Church and how much I despise it, does that mean I hate Catholics? No. Infact I could go on national TV and criticise the Catholic Church and I would probably get a favourable write up in the national papers the next day, but......dare I say it...... Islam... woe be tied to the man who publicly criticises Islam, literally. If he isn't denounced by all and cast from the mountaintop, then some youth will stab him to death in the street for his convictions.

Most Europeans will bend over backwards these days not to offend Islam, but when I speak to the Muslims I know personally all they do is criticise the West. We're fools, all of us.
edit on 2-7-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Very well said, yet again.

Yeah, I could rant a lot about the RCC and most Pentecostal congregations as well.

RELIGION

IS

a dastardly business.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join