It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heritage Foundation Panelist on Radical Islam.. She really makes some historical points !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The difference is that I am not smart and don't require myself to decide . I put my trust in Him to manifest Himself to me .If I am His ,He will come for me .The true Christian has no part in being changed in a twinkling of the eye ,other then believing on Him . a reply to: ArtemisE

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

The title of the video is "Muslim peace conference ; all muslims agree, stoning is OK, Norway (Join "EDL Videos" on facebook)"

Yeah, let's join the EDL on FB - NOT!

Could you please tell me at what time-frame in the video that "all muslims agree, stoning is OK"?

I can watch the video now, just with no sound. I would like to take a look nonetheless.

Please forgive my skepticism but I have a feeling that the theme of the video is being exaggerated. That being said, I don't know for sure as I have not seen or heard the video yet so I could most certainly be incorrect in my assumption.

The reason I am having problems believing the portrayal of the video is because I am friends with many European Muslims and none of them are remotely close to being extremists in any way, shape or form.

And yes, I know all about the so called "no-go zones" so there obviously is a degree of religious extremism but as another member mentioned if you go to Dearbon Michigan which has a very large Muslim population known for its peacefulness so we can't assume such a large percentage to be Radicals.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I guess it will depend on your own definition of 'radical' or 'extremist'.

If you think it is ok to stone women to death, or execute gay people, then, in the spirit of what the Muslim spokesperson in the video says, you are not an extremist or a radical because that's how all Muslims feel, according to him, and judging by the response of the audience he is correct.

I also know some European Muslims, and yes they are peaceful people, but when you query them on things like homosexuality, apostasy or atheism their views can be shocking, I have been told many times by one of them, jokingly, that if I said the things I said to them, like questioning their beliefs or denouncing Islam or God etc, in their country I would have been beheaded. I always am respectful towards their beliefs, but during theological discussions with some of them I have made it known to them that I think all organised religion is a lie, especially the Abrahamic faiths.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am not sure there is such a thing as a moderate muslim. You have to ask your muslim 'friends,' what they will do when the Mahdi comes? If they say they will not cut off the heads of Jews and Christians, then they are not muslim.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
I am not sure there is such a thing as a moderate muslim. You have to ask your muslim 'friends,' what they will do when the Mahdi comes? If they say they will not cut off the heads of Jews and Christians, then they are not muslim.

By your logic, you believe in the Mahdi, I guess you must be Muslim ...

Again, the amount of garbage on ATS lately is impressive.
It's like you love fear and spread fear, it's laughable really.
edit on 2-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

"There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today. Of course not all of them are radicals. The majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15-25% according to all intelligence services around the world.

Which "intelligence services" came up with that figure, MI6, CIA and MOSSAD?

ETA:

This figure appears to be extremely exaggerated IMO...

I would guess that it's Mossad propaganda.

How many radical Zionists are there out there? All radical extremists should get their 15 minutes.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

I would have to completely disagree with you to the point where I believe in the exact opposite of what you posted. The radicals are the ones who have misinterpreted the teachings of Islam for their own ideals - the radicals who chop heads off are not real Muslims.

Real Muslims tolerate Jews and Christians.

Islamophobia is on the rise again on ATS as this thread illustrates.

ETA:

I have no dog in this fight, I claim no religion and tolerate all religious equally even though I find organized religion to be a divisive factor which causes many of the problems in this world.
edit on 7/2/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There will always be hysterics who are hysterical in times of strife

As long as this goes on people will be hysterical.

It is a phase that can go away, this radical Islam, since other periods where people were radical, the 60’s Black Panthers, and other groups like the SDS and may other European left wind radicals.

As one of Muslim heritage I can assure people here MOST MUSLIMS ARE NOT RADICAL!

There not waiting for the Mahdi to come and take heads and take over the world.

That’s in the Jewish faith where they claim to be God’s chosen people

That doesn’t exist in Islam

But Radical Islam is more a danger to Muslims, than others btw.

So believe me in the end it will be Muslims that will eradicate Radical Islam.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Evidently you are forgetting the script . . . when

The real Jesus The Christ returns . . .

He will return with masses of Heavenly Angels . . . in great power, etc. etc.

God is not about to allow any 'also-ran's' any even slightly convincing competition at that point in time.

But I don't think your real problem is with the imposters.

The problem for most of mankind is saying a persistent "Yes Lord"

to the Real Christ.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I didn't jot the minute mark down and am not going to go back and view it again at the moment.

It was not an exaggerated anything.

The speaker merely asked a series of questions after a preface that the media tended to rationalize that it was only the radicals who believed various things . . .

He began with--how many believed that men and women should sit apart?

The critical question was how many believe that homosexuals etc. who violated the Koran should be stoned etc. as the MOST FITTING AND GOOD PUNISHMENT POSSIBLE in the world. I forget if he said--for society, for Islam or both.

It appeared that Everyone but the ?visiting? bloke raised their hands--and rather immediately, at that. No hesitation.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
40 million people in concentration camps? (and the 6 million figure again... right)

Well there goes credibility when you dont know neither history nor math.

3,000,000 Polish jews disappeared during WW 2, there's half to start with.......

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Evidently you are forgetting the script . . . when

The real Jesus The Christ returns . . .

He will return with masses of Heavenly Angels . . . in great power, etc. etc.

God is not about to allow any 'also-ran's' any even slightly convincing competition at that point in time.

But I don't think your real problem is with the imposters.

The problem for most of mankind is saying a persistent "Yes Lord"

to the Real Christ.

That's your interpretation. Just like David koresh'a interpretation was that it ment him. That's the same difference between your average Muslim and an extremist.

It's all open to interpretation. It just depends on who you listen to.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Kinda funny, one poster calls me a muslim, and another says that I am not.

Truth hurts. To all those who consider themselves 'muslim,' when the Mahdi comes, and asks you to take someone's head? Will you say no? Will he still be your Savior when he's cutting off your head, for not taking someone Else's?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Time will tell.

However, I don't think that rationalization will suffice when one is face to face with Almighty god.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Time will tell.

However, I don't think that rationalization will suffice when one is face to face with Almighty god.

Which is precisely the same thing an extremist Muslim would say.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I didn't jot the minute mark down and am not going to go back and view it again at the moment.

It was not an exaggerated anything.

The speaker merely asked a series of questions after a preface that the media tended to rationalize that it was only the radicals who believed various things . . .

He began with--how many believed that men and women should sit apart?

The critical question was how many believe that homosexuals etc. who violated the Koran should be stoned etc. as the MOST FITTING AND GOOD PUNISHMENT POSSIBLE in the world. I forget if he said--for society, for Islam or both.

It appeared that Everyone but the ?visiting? bloke raised their hands--and rather immediately, at that. No hesitation.

You mean in precisely the same way Christians would behave if there "spiritual leader" told them to? The same way him jones crowd did. The Mormons did. Same way the Catholics did. Same way the Protestants did.....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Just for the record Christians are waiting on a jihad as well. Remember Armageddon and fighting (and killing) all the unbelievers at Jesus's side?

"Just for the record Christians are waiting on a jihad as well. Remember Armageddon and fighting (and killing) all the unbelievers at Jesus's side?"

Huge, huge difference. Christians are called upon to live in peace as far as possible. If there's killin to be done, God Himself will do it. Armageddon is when Jesus returns (with his saints posse) and wins a divinely-powered battle over satan etc.
Many muslims apparently feel they have to do some killin on their own.
Honestly, look at the world today. Where are muslims inflicting violence? just about everywhere they live. Where are Christians inflicting violence on anyone? None that I know about (except maybe in defence).

edit on 2-7-2014 by works4dhs because: restore quote

edit on 2-7-2014 by works4dhs because: text issues

edit on 2-7-2014 by works4dhs because: txt issues

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Doesn't sound like you've been around many extremist Muslims.

I don't think "precisely" is remotely accurate.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Please give me the statistics . . .

How many Christians stoned their own daughters, wives, sons, to death for breaking some dogma rule?

How many Christians cut off the fingers, arms, hands, legs of even evil doers?

How many Christians sliced off the necks of even evil doers?

How many Christians paraded severed heads around the city streets exultantly?

How many Christians laboriously and tortuously severed heads with a ragged kitchen knife?

How many Christians severed heads or stoned to death family members out of PRIDE because the family member didn't believe precisely as the patriarch did?

You seem to claim to know so much about such things. PLEASE SHOW US THE STATISTICS and how the statistics were compiled.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have heard it said that when a Muslim has no one else to murder he just turns to the moderate Muslim to kill .Heck I would say that what we have seen in the ME that they are willing to kill others that are as extreme as themselves .Sad state of affairs isnit . a reply to: BO XIAN

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join